HP Touchpad for $99/$149

It's sold out on the website now....hopefully that's a good sign that those of us who placed orders will get them
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

It's sold out on the website now....hopefully that's a good sign that those of us who placed orders will get them
pimp.gif

True.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Iron Mike

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

So I ordered three, but somehow, the order went through twice.

Hope I don't get stuck with six.
ahahahhaah 
if it does there are 3 NTers waiting on one. 

Haven't gotten a confirmation. 

That link for best buy floating around is to the Canada website I believe..the US site says it sold out..

Soo if I go in tomorrow and try to price match..will that matter?

I'm honestly shaking my head at you people. This device will receive no dev support, no app support and no performance updates. If you gonna to use is it to browse the net, fine but don't expect to get something like an iPad or Android honeycomb tablet. You buy what you get. HP is known for crappy stuff.

you can't price match use and canada the currency is different, lmao.

Just got off the Phone with a Sales rep.

He told me that if you used the coupon code and if they do not honor it you will receive a call asking if you still want to purchase it without the coupon code.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

I'm honestly shaking my head at you people. This device will receive no dev support, no app support and no performance updates. If you gonna to use is it to browse the net, fine but don't expect to get something like an iPad or Android honeycomb tablet. You buy what you get. HP is known for crappy stuff.

wait, this isn't the ipad 2? 

the XDA folks are already chatting about porting android over....
pimp.gif

now i just need to get 1 ordered
laugh.gif

It's 100 bucks for a device to toy around on..
laugh.gif
this isn't a huge investment here.. so who cares..

Although this hardware itself won't get any development and/or performance advancements, I believe the current applications will still have support and updates as I read that HP is not necessarily getting rid of webOS completely, but rather putting a halt on their end while testing out the possibility of licensing out the platform to other 3rd-party manufacturers. It's actually what they should have done in the first place in order to successfully compete with the likes of Apple and Android...

But you don't know that for sure, that's just your opinion. HP has said that within the next two weeks, they will be giving out more info in regards to webOS and where it goes from here. One of the higher ups confirmed that they are going all in with webOS earlier today. I'd say take him with a grain of salt, but none the less, within two weeks (still within time to return the TP), we will know more. For $99 dollars, why not? Plus, chances are HIGH, VERY HIGH we see an Android (Froyo or Gingerbread) port. Once the source for Ice Cream is released, that's going to be ported over as well, I'm sure ...

So staples,office depot or costco will be offering this for $99 tomorrow 08/20 ?

I think im going to be up tomorrow morning to check some store around me. i really want 1.

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

So staples,office depot or costco will be offering this for $99 tomorrow 08/20 ?

I think im going to be up tomorrow morning to check some store around me. i really want 1.
Office Depot or Office Max, can't remember which, will have the 16GB for 129, not 99 ...

Back
Top Bottom