HP Touchpad for $99/$149

To all the people on here bashing Best Buy.... Sorry, but I had a GREAT experience at my atlanta store today!

I'm a best buy employee, but dont work at a store, so I was about just as in the dark as many you though this whole ordeal. I saw the spreadsheet posted on here the other day and me and my co worker went to work on figuring out what would be our best chance at getting one. We were told by an employee at a store that they got a shipment tuesday night and they would be ready to sell on today (wed). So we went to work all amped up because we knew what the general public didnt and we even took early lunches so that we could get there when the store opened at 10. We pull up at the store and that mug looks like its black friday or some %%*. We aint even get out because we knew all they had was 54.

Later on in the day, we found out about another store that was getting a shipping between today and tomorrow. He got off at 3:30 while I was scheduled til 5. Bout 30 mins later he calls me saying that he called and they had like 120 and were just putting them out. I told the folks at work I had an emergency and had to leave ASAP! Store was about 30 miles away but got there in about 20 mins flat in midday traffic! Get in line outside and one of the supervisors come out and explain how the process of purchasing was gonna work. Dude spotted somebody who he recognized earlier had bought one already and called him out in front of EVERYBODY. He was like "And you sir already bought one so GET OUT OF MY LINE!" poor guy tried to make an excuse saying he was getting one for his wife, but Supervisor wasnt having it. He wolfed at him again to leave and ol boy walked off like dog with a tail between his legs. I was so happy to seen that after all I been reading on here about crooked store employees.

i

Originally Posted by The Gangsta M Crisis

To all the people on here bashing Best Buy.... Sorry, but I had a GREAT experience at my atlanta store today!

I'm a best buy employee, but dont work at a store, so I was about just as in the dark as many you though this whole ordeal. I saw the spreadsheet posted on here the other day and me and my co worker went to work on figuring out what would be our best chance at getting one. We were told by an employee at a store that they got a shipment tuesday night and they would be ready to sell on today (wed). So we went to work all amped up because we knew what the general public didnt and we even took early lunches so that we could get there when the store opened at 10. We pull up at the store and that mug looks like its black friday or some %%*. We aint even get out because we knew all they had was 54.

Later on in the day, we found out about another store that was getting a shipping between today and tomorrow. He got off at 3:30 while I was scheduled til 5. Bout 30 mins later he calls me saying that he called and they had like 120 and were just putting them out. I told the folks at work I had an emergency and had to leave ASAP! Store was about 30 miles away but got there in about 20 mins flat in midday traffic! Get in line outside and one of the supervisors come out and explain how the process of purchasing was gonna work. Dude spotted somebody who he recognized earlier had bought one already and called him out in front of EVERYBODY. He was like "And you sir already bought one so GET OUT OF MY LINE!" poor guy tried to make an excuse saying he was getting one for his wife, but Supervisor wasnt having it. He wolfed at him again to leave and ol boy walked off like dog with a tail between his legs. I was so happy to seen that after all I been reading on here about crooked store employees.

i
NAWWW best buy is terrible

another story is my brother called 10 stores today for a restock and just one said they will be selling them tomorrow morning and they told him he cannot buy one unless he buys a wifi plan...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

For those who got theirs, are you able to charge the TP by your computers USB port?

Mine shows that it is connected via USB but doesn't show that its charging.

Originally Posted by NRitsuh

For those who got theirs, are you able to charge the TP by your computers USB port?

Mine shows that it is connected via USB but doesn't show that its charging.

you have to charge it via wall adapter, no computer charging.

And it looks like newegg is finally price matching
eyes.gif

Email just received from Newegg..I'm reading it and will post...

You recently purchased an HP TouchPad Tablet. As you may already be aware, Hewlett-Packard has decided to discontinue this product. As part of the discontinuation, they have significantly cut the price of the HP TouchPad Tablet. Newegg wanted to contact you today and not only inform you of the discontinuation, but also give you an opportunity to benefit from the price reduction. Although Newegg is not required to match this price reduction, we are committed to keeping our customers happy and provide you with the following options.

Please read the following options carefully and respond to this email with your selection by 5:00 pm PST on Wednesday, September 7, 2011. If no response is made by that time, we will assume that you have elected Option C. These emails will be sent based on Sales Order Number. In the event you placed multiple orders for any version of this product, you will receive multiple emails and must reply to each individual email you receive in order to receive assistance.

OPTION A - If you select this option, Newegg will credit you 676.86 in the form of either a Newegg Gift Card or a credit back to your original form of payment. Please allow 4 to 6 business days for the Gift Card to be generated and sent to this email address, or the refund to appear back to your original form of payment, depending on which form of payment you specify in your response. By selecting this option, you understand that the sale will now be final and the product will no longer have any return, refund, or replacement policy rights through Newegg.

OPTION B - If you select this option and have not opened the retail packaging of your product, Newegg will provide a full refund once we receive the unopened product back . An RMA with a pre-paid return shipping label will automatically be generated for you. Once the unopened product is received, please allow 3 to 5 days for the RMA to be processed.

OPTION C - you are satisfied with the product and are not interested in any type of refund, you may reply to this email selecting this option, or simply disregard this email. If you elect or do not timely respond, the original terms and conditions of your purchase will apply.

Newegg is dedicated to your complete satisfaction. We appreciate your cooperation and attention to this matter. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Sincerely,

Newegg.com

Originally Posted by The Gangsta M Crisis

i
which bestbuy did yall go to down here?

this +!$@ is pissing me off,

i ordered mine on the 19th before damn near everybody using the HP academy method and have no word on when mine is coming, then i hear people randomly getting theirs in the mail which has me paranoid thinking mine is going to be shipped soon without notice but im in class all day and +!$@.

it better be here by tomorrow or friday. I might end up just skipping my classes tomorrow.

so i ended up going to best buy and FINALLY came across an employee being real. He said they were getting a shipment around 4 . So I went back and there was about 10 people ahead of me. Ended up getting a 32. Wonder if my HP order will come through.

dont waste your time calling they either lie or have absolutely no idea. GOOD LUCK

edit: posted this from my touch pad 
pimp.gif

After just assuming my order and my GFs order were gonna be cancelled from onSale, we got shipping confirmation with working UPS numbers this afternoon. Now I only need to find one to replace a cancelled order and I'll be good. Hope the bottom drops on ebay soon.

All you people that just so happen to go to a Best Buy and either get A) Correct info from an employee or B) Happen to be there when they get a shipment... yall make me sick, just so you know.

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

All you people that just so happen to go to a Best Buy and either get A) Correct info from an employee or B) Happen to be there when they get a shipment... yall make me sick, just so you know.

u mad doggie?

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

laugh.gif

that's why I did not even attempt to go to those stores
guaranteed douchebaggery as soon as you park your car there

Yesterday - Drive from the BX to NJ to have them sell out on my way there

Today - On Sale order canceled

Tonight - Rode from the BX to Long Island to have them sell out while I was on line

30t6p3b.gif

Yo, someone needs to call or text me when that HP sale goes live again. I need to be like ready and on it.

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom