HP Touchpad for $99/$149

Originally Posted by needemjs

Just ordered one from B&N...transaction went as smooth as possible got a confirmation email..what are the chances, atleast from B&N, that i get my order canceled?

X2
embarassed.gif

Ordered from BN a while ago. Checked the order status page and saw expected ship date Aug 24 (it had said something about processing earlier) Hoping I get this. Great 3L year of law school present to myself
smile.gif

box.net is a great service, the fact that you can just save files to the tablet directly is pretty sweet

no twtter app tho and facebook chat doesnt work :'(

I thought I got the B&N because I received a second email saying they are gonna ship. I was bummed to get the third email. Luckily I ordered two form Amazon this morning. I'm hoping those will be shipped.

I've only gotten one email from B&N and I ordered as soon as the deal went up earlier
30t6p3b.gif
uh oh
frown.gif

I'm gonna wait and see if my HP orders actually ship...if not my backup plan is going to be buying them when HP restocks again.

I just placed an order on B&N. I still got my order on HP, but this is just a backup. Plan C for me is going to be when HP restocks.

I was able to order from HP but I did not receive any confirmation e-mails. I went to check my account at HP and it said they were not able to process the order.

I don't really trust the order I put through Barnes n Noble either. I got a confirmation e-mail but I doubt I will get anything.

My only hope now is that Datavision from ebay
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

As far-fetched as it sounds, I believe HP purposely set the retail pricepoint and "abruptly" slashed the price because they knew they wouldn't be able to compete with the Xooms, Tab's, iPad's, and Kindle's of the world. It was the only way the device would move.

Ye old bait-n-switch.

My only question is where are all these obsolete Touchpads going after the hype dies?

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

As far-fetched as it sounds, I believe HP purposely set the retail pricepoint and "abruptly" slashed the price because they knew they wouldn't be able to compete with the Xooms, Tab's, iPad's, and Kindle's of the world. It was the only way the device would move.

Ye old bait-n-switch.

My only question is where are all these obsolete Touchpads going after the hype dies?
landfills

Originally Posted by alan713

How legit is this link? I bought one from this link a few hours ago and received no emails at all. I tried to log in through HP.com and they say my email and password that I created to buy from the link above doesn't work. Can someone shed some light about this situation?
i ordered through this site as well. i went in through hp.com and was able to check my order status. so far i haven't received an email and my status is "your order is being processed". but may be bad news for us since the link is through their smb (small business)
here's the twitter response by the hp rep:
"No. SMB site is OUT. Glitch in site. No stock on Home & Home Office OR SMB store. More coming"

BUT, i'm holding out for hope with these tweets:

@BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran

If you were charged + got order # but NO confirmation email. Up to you if you want to cancel, but worth a shot 2 hang in there. More coming.

@BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran

SMB store: If you were charged + got order #, hang on 2 ur hats & hope you get one. U R backordered. More coming. BUT 1st come, 1st served.

Back
Top Bottom