HP Touchpad for $99/$149

Originally Posted by chickhien

Originally Posted by alan713

How legit is this link? I bought one from this link a few hours ago and received no emails at all. I tried to log in through HP.com and they say my email and password that I created to buy from the link above doesn't work. Can someone shed some light about this situation?
i ordered through this site as well. i went in through hp.com and was able to check my order status. so far i haven't received an email and my status is "your order is being processed". but may be bad news for us since the link is through their smb (small business)
here's the twitter response by the hp rep:
"No. SMB site is OUT. Glitch in site. No stock on Home & Home Office OR SMB store. More coming"

BUT, i'm holding out for hope with these tweets:

@BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran

If you were charged + got order # but NO confirmation email. Up to you if you want to cancel, but worth a shot 2 hang in there. More coming.

@BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran

SMB store: If you were charged + got order #, hang on 2 ur hats & hope you get one. U R backordered. More coming. BUT 1st come, 1st served.

mad.gif
mad.gif

i'm on the phone w/ them now.. .they said that they'll send out confirmation emails within the next 24-72 hours...

been on hold for 30 min trying to connect to small and medium business people tryin to see why they charged me for 4 orders when i only placed two...

hopefully, i can get some other answers too.

like "when i'm gonna get my cot damn mutha *!*%%@% touchpad?!"

unbreakable.jpg

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Reading that 90% of OnSale orders are going to get cancelled.
laugh.gif

damn
30t6p3b.gif
i just want a single 16gb so me & my gf can stop feuding over tha damn laptop
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Where are you reading this?? I ordered around 4P (PST) through OnSale/Amazon's Lightning sale, card was authorized immediately, then charged for the full amount around 9P. I know Amazon usually doesn't charge the card until it is for sure going out. Hope I don't get jerked.

Originally Posted by DetroitNappy

laugh.gif

Where are you reading this?? I ordered around 4P (PST) through OnSale/Amazon's Lightning sale, card was authorized immediately, then charged for the full amount around 9P. I know Amazon usually doesn't charge the card until it is for sure going out. Hope I don't get jerked.

you ordered through onsale or amazon's lightning deal? the lightning deal will probably go through, onsales gonna get cancelled

650 wrote:

you ordered through onsale or amazon's lightning deal? the lightning deal will probably go through, onsales gonna get cancelled

Cool... Yeah I ordered through the lightning deal. Hope all goes well. 
I just saw this on another board about the OnSale debacle: 

"Called onsale, they said they oversold their stock of HP Touchpads by over 4,200 units! My order status was backordered but I was told by the rep that there is no way this item would be restocked. The only option left to me was to cancel... btw, I ordered from onsale on Sunday around 6pm EST"

I was scared to call OnSale to see if my order status is "backordered", and when I did call, their phone lines were too busy
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
at salty people on CL that want others to sell their 16gb TouchPad for retail + tax + gas when they are being sold for much more than that. Talking about the system being "defunct".

Others only wanting to pay $120.

for everyone who ordered from the hp smb site last night, here is an update from their website
Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad
"Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad
HP Small and Medium Business Customers

We have received unprecedented orders as a result of the tremendous discount offered. This is clear confirmation to HP there is huge interest in building a webOS community. We apologize for any difficulty you may have had in ordering on the web or through the phone this weekend; it was as a result of selling out of our current inventory.

Your order has been captured and you should receive a confirmation over the next 48 hours.

Additionally, some of our customers may have experienced a pricing error while purchasing on August 20th and 21st. We are in the process of ensuring every order is honored at the discounted price and will send you confirmation via email.

Should you have any questions, we can be contacted at 1 800 888 5858 option 1: Though we are expecting significant call volumes with extended wait times over the next 48 hours, we ask for your patience and we are committed to our relationship with you and to delivering the best technology solutions for you and your business.

Sincerely,
Your HP Small and Medium Business Team "

edit: just got an individual email from HP smb saying the same exact thing as above
indifferent.gif
. 24 to 72 hours before they can even let me know if my order is good to go! i may have to take the L and let it rest in the hands of the electronic gods. i need to stop obsessing over this (but 100 for replacing my old laptop is just too good to pass up).

I dont see how if OnSale is gonna cancel orders they havent already. I orderedine early yesterday morning and they sent out emails and took the money instantly. Paid for 2 but how do they think they can get away with holding my money for over 24 hours. Pluss I ordered when they still had the qty they had left on the site

Back
Top Bottom