HTC HERO First Look... I Smell iPhone Killer!!!!

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

iPhone > HTC
jailbroken iPhone >>>>> HTC

pimp.gif

this will be one of my options once it comes out...
as long as it comes to t-mo

it'll be between this and the samsung android joint comin out...

specs look nice, but its nothing groundbreaking. im good with my 16gb iphizzle.

didnt read the last few pages... but that contour/angle on the handset is NOT a good look. imo, joint would look/feel mad awkward in your pocket.

No such thing as an Apple product killer because Apple products do not sell based on any (real) superiority.
Apple products sell because of Apple hypebeasts and "cool factor" (aka perception).

A superior product from a non Apple producer may pull a small percentage of what would be Apple product buyers but nowhere near to make an actual difference.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

No such thing as an Apple product killer because Apple products do not sell based on any (real) superiority.
Apple products sell because of Apple hypebeasts and "cool factor" (aka perception).

A superior product from a non Apple producer may pull a small percentage of what would be Apple product buyers but nowhere near to make an actual difference.
I couldnt have said it better. People ride the iPhone so much it should hurt for them to sit down
laugh.gif
. I enjoy Apple products but yall are crazy to think that Apple > the world
roll.gif

I would like an iPhone, but I'm on Sprint with the $30 SERO plan so I'm not going nowhere...

iPhone is the best phone out, and it's looking like it will be like that for a minute now...

I had the Mogul that sucked... upgraded to the Touch Pro, it sucks too... I just looked at that Touch Pro 2 and while it looks nice, so did the Touch Probefore I got it...

Windows Mobile as a whole sucks donkey balls for real...

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by Dunks206

I Ready To Die I wrote:

As far as making a "better" phone than the iphone, on paper and even when using it, thats very possible.
But the iphone hype and market is too large to kill or even give it competition off a single phone.

I agree...
but my phone > iPhone. Nokia N97 FTW!

damn.. how much you pay for that... $600???

Around that much. I bought it when Nokia had glitches in the system, and you could stack coupon codes, lol. I sold my iPhone 3g for $360, and paid the rest outof my pocket.

Originally Posted by XCellzisCrack

I Ready To Die I wrote:

As far as making a "better" phone than the iphone, on paper and even when using it, thats very possible.
But the iphone hype and market is too large to kill or even give it competition off a single phone.

I agree...

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

how is it????

I love it! I am glad I sold my iPhone for it... Video calls (camera in front and back), 5mp camera, HD quality video camera, mms, ovi store for apps (still newso as of now, app store > ovi store), 3.5g > 3g, and many more things.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

I Ready To Die I wrote:

I agree...

damn.. how much you pay for that... $600???

Around that much. I bought it when Nokia had glitches in the system, and you could stack coupon codes, lol. I sold my iPhone 3g for $360, and paid the rest out of my pocket.

I Ready To Die I wrote:

I agree...

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

how is it????

I love it! I am glad I sold my iPhone for it... Video calls (camera in front and back), 5mp camera, HD quality video camera, mms, ovi store for apps (still new so as of now, app store > ovi store), 3.5g > 3g, and many more things.
Sounds
pimp.gif
Im sure someone will reply defending the iPhoneafter Apple made people go out and buy a new phone for a camcorder instead of just sending an update
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I would like an iPhone, but I'm on Sprint with the $30 SERO plan so I'm not going nowhere...

iPhone is the best phone out, and it's looking like it will be like that for a minute now...

I had the Mogul that sucked... upgraded to the Touch Pro, it sucks too... I just looked at that Touch Pro 2 and while it looks nice, so did the Touch Pro before I got it...

Windows Mobile as a whole sucks donkey balls for real...
grin.gif
No and No.

I Ready To Die I wrote:

I agree...

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

how is it????

I love it! I am glad I sold my iPhone for it... Video calls (camera in front and back), 5mp camera, HD quality video camera, mms, ovi store for apps (still new so as of now, app store > ovi store), 3.5g > 3g, and many more things.
Don't forget the screen lag when changing the orientation from portrait to landscape or the placement of the space key and the d-pad.

I DO really hope this phone delivers this time cause the past HTC models were GARBAGE.

My Mogul broke down within months, my brothers did too, got them brand new, and the refurbished ones he got the Touch screen didn't work.

My Touch Pro broke down after 1 month, and my NEW one gave out (Keyboard is dead) and I'm not even botherin' getting a new one.

Tried callin Sprint to get the Palm Pre but they told me I'd have to cancel my SERO Plan and pay around $100.00 a month to get the Pre.

Sprint is the truth though, coverage and their OWN GPS Navi easily got Google Maps beat. And I could NEVER complain bout the Sero plan.

Went to the iPhone and haven't looked back since.

I dislike it when the only reason people hate iPhones is cause its ONLY Touchscreen. I remember when we were Textin wit the NUMBER PAD before QWERTY's cameout ad when it finally did people were like "
sick.gif
, Im so used to the Number pad, I don't need the keyboard."...and NOW look at how much they likethe Keyboard.

iPhones are dope, look at all the Apps and Mods you could do with it, even though a new model comes out every once in a while, the !$@+ wont be outdated. Itjust sucks they always release a better one.

the key to beating the iphone is apps once a phone comes out that can get the same type of apps iphone wont seem so "great"

the mogul and the TP both let me down im gone to pass on the tp2 and look ahead to this one

Whats with the HTC and WM hate?
I haven't had any problems with my Tilt and I know people who have the TP and no problems either. HTC always delivers.
But it is true that if you don't flash the ROM, you wont be able to use the phones true potential.
I plan on getting the TP2 and if I dont have to sell my Tilt or trade it in, I plan to put a Android OS on it.
For the people that have an android phone, how is the market place?
But it is true what dude says about Apple selling based on perception. Many Apple users become ignorant towards other products.

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Originally Posted by CasperJr

the key to beating the iphone is apps once a phone comes out that can get the same type of apps iphone wont seem so "great"

the mogul and the TP both let me down im gone to pass on the tp2 and look ahead to this one

http://www.android.com/market/

Check and Mate
eek.gif
didnt know about that

so you go to that site straight from the phone and it loads onto the phone or do you need to get on a pc and do it
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Whats with the HTC and WM hate?
I haven't had any problems with my Tilt and I know people who have the TP and no problems either. HTC always delivers.
But it is true that if you don't flash the ROM, you wont be able to use the phones true potential.
I plan on getting the TP2 and if I dont have to sell my Tilt or trade it in, I plan to put a Android OS on it.
For the people that have an android phone, how is the market place?
But it is true what dude says about Apple selling based on perception. Many Apple users become ignorant towards other products.
Basically if they can't figure out how to use it then it's garbage.

I had zero problems with my Tilt (cept I lost it
frown.gif
) so I'm still trying to figure out why so many are having problems with other HTC phones.

Planning on getting an HTC Firestone or TP2 in the future to replace my long lost Tilt.

the people who complain bout WM are too stupid to figure out how to fix their problems

one of the main reasons the i phone sells so well is because it appeals to the dumb consumers

Back
Top Bottom