HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

Do any of you own huarache free runs?

If so do you like them? Im not so bent on whether my huaraches are og or not i just want a pair for casual/running shoes and i dont really mind free run tech. 
I own a bunch as well. No where near as good as the original ones discussed here, but a nice option perhaps if you were unable to cop. I wouldn't spend retail though. You can find tons of colorways on sale all the time floating around, and really cheap ones on ebay.

where r u, mailman?

hey gooey, awesome collection, but quick question. what's your usual method for the toe push?

nothing major, i'm normally snapping with my iphone so leaning over anyway. i'm doing just that, pushing my toes down. tbh, i'm not really a fan as it's not the true shape of the shoe. it can def make them look more desirable though.

back to the topic, i wouldn't hold your breath on a Scream Green or Purple Punch retro. there's been no hint at all of this happening other than a few blogs/ sites stealing my friend airkeung's pics of his OGs. this was months ago and prior to the OG QS's even being announced and just speculation of some OG retros being imminent. so far, we've had 2 of the 4 colourways shown in that fuzzy pic from the 1st page, so i reckon it'll just be the other 2 next, both of which are completely new.

The 2 other colour ways have dropped here in the uk at footlocker today! Pics to follow!

Was searching high and low for a release on the pair to the left, went into Size? to see if they had any more white/green/yellow, they had sold out but was told Footlocker were releasing them and another colourway, went over to ask about them and they had been put out 10 minutes earlier.

The pair to the left look black in the earlier image, its why i wanted them because of last years black/yellow release which i couldnt get hold of, but they are down as SQDRN BLUE, looks like a metallic blue/green. I wasnt too fussed on the silver/red from the pics but they are something else up front, really happy with them.

Last edited:
^^ I believe footlocker exclusive....so unless you have a friend over there its ebay

Edit....just heard those are a nationwide release, so who knows

Last edited:
Those two pairs above are decent.  Like the pair on the right more as well.  Not sure if I'd pay retail for them, though.

^ yo thanks for the info. really want the other colorway tho. these have to release in the us, no?
As of now there are no plans for these to drop in the US.

No problem.  Instead of over thinking it, ima just go back to dropping info and letting the chips fall where they will.  At least it gives some members a fighting shot before Kicks Deals spoonfeeds their followers.  Lurkers will do what they do.  Not going to sit back and decide who deserves shoes more than then next man.  NT was built on sharing info and making it easier to cop shoes.  No need to let the current climate completely change what this whole shoe thing is about.

^church. there are some good dudes still left here on NT. i've helped and been helped more times then i can count over the past 7 years. the game def is screwed up right now, but there are some true heads, like yourself, that are about the community not just the resell profits.

copped my pair off WellGosh just now for 130$ shipped

hopefully i get confirmation that they ship soon ... havent had the best of luck with that over the past few weeks with other releases

Last edited:
^church. there are some good dudes still left here on NT. i've helped and been helped more times then i can count over the past 7 years. the game def is screwed up right now, but there are some true heads, like yourself, that are about the community not just the resell profits.
Yeah.  At the end of the day, this is still a hobby that I love.

I've sold shoes before, and more often than not when I do, it's because I source something for someone who completely flakes on me.  Even some clowns who run a half-assed local consignment shop reneged on deals with me over the past few weeks for shoes they begged me to source.  Got me to the point where I almost drove over and threw the hands up.
laugh.gif

I'll definitely admit that if I landed anything rare that I didn't really care for (Corks & Yeezys), I'd take the profit with the quickness and not look back so I won't pretend to be a saint.

All in all though, even though the Retro Jordan culture has birthed a new level of beasting that rivals what Nike SB heads went through a few years back, dropping into threads in Nike Retro still remind me that there are plenty of good dudes who still cop their shoes for the genuine love of it.  Unfortunately it's one of those things that if you don't evolve and adapt to the times, you'll wind up paying resell for everything which I'm not down for.

Last edited:
Dropping info wouldn't be a problem if it were only members of the NT community that could see it. That is not the case. A lead to anything remotely QS in this day and age dropped for all to see might as well be money dropped on the ground in Time Square. If sites get raided by non-members of NT when u were at work, with ur kids or just AFK for 5 mins to go take a piss and u now have to resort to paying resellers because u *****ed about tight lips on this forum then u deserve to sit there and cry. All members who pm for info received responses because I don't mind sharing with those who share my interest in this shoe (whether you resell or not), but I won't sit here and divulge info to ghosts who may take sizes from those who have actually posted in this thread and didn't get there size due to timing. Sorry for the long post but having an interest in a pair of shoes gets better when you can share joy with other enthusiasts.

Dropping info wouldn't be a problem if it were only members of the NT community that could see it. That is not the case. A lead to anything remotely QS in this day and age dropped for all to see might as well be money dropped on the ground in Time Square. If sites get raided by non-members of NT when u were at work, with ur kids or just AFK for 5 mins to go take a piss and u now have to resort to paying resellers because u *****ed about tight lips on this forum then u deserve to sit there and cry. All members who pm for info received responses because I don't mind sharing with those who share my interest in this shoe (whether you resell or not), but I won't sit here and divulge info to ghosts who may take sizes from those who have actually posted in this thread and didn't get there size due to timing. Sorry for the long post but having an interest in a pair of shoes gets better when you can share joy with other enthusiasts.
I definitely see both sides of the coin.

On release night, I replied to whatever PMs I received so that people could cop.

Once Kicks Deals drops the info though, it's over.  You can kiss stock goodbye.

It would be nice if this lurker situation were addressed, but it seems like we're just wasting our energy and hoping for something that the higher ups don't seem to care one bit about.

I definitely see both sides of the coin.

On release night, I replied to whatever PMs I received so that people could cop.

Once Kicks Deals drops the info though, it's over.  You can kiss stock goodbye.

It would be nice if this lurker situation were addressed, but it seems like we're just wasting our energy and hoping for something that the higher ups don't seem to care one bit about.

I agree. How easy was it to cop these shoes when they released knowing that the consensus of dropping links was frowned upon? I actually had the option of choosing which shoe I wanted instead of race to checkout. If all threads were like this (minus JB retro = no hope), there would be a lot less broken hearts imo but ppl still insist on dropping links for the ghosts. I agree with KD blowing up the scene but I believe there are more ppl who frequent NT that are not members looking for hard info before RD. It is these ppl who ruin it for actual members. That being said, I have no pity for those complaining who were significantly late to the party. I doubt there were any true Huarache fans who did not know about this release until a few days after.

I think this is an antiquated perspective. There was a time when NT was pretty much the be all and end all of sneaker info. ISS running a distant second. Those days are long gone. Protecting info on NT just closes one channel of info now, not THE channel of info.

As Sneakerfan said, once Kicksdeals drops the info, it's over. There are a hundred blogs, forums, twitter feeds, etc. that will share the info now even if we protect it, so instead of shutting out the lurkers, keeping info off NT boards may actually do more to shut out NTers (fewer of which are redeeming members of the "hobby" by the day anyway, but that's another story.)

Now, I won't front. When this info dropped, I got PMs from multiple people who know I missed out on the first drop. And, I got my pairs from that. But, that's not just because I'm an NTer; those people looked out for me because I've looked out for them in the past, so that's a whole second level of tit for tat.)

Holding the info only matters so long as it is exclusive - once it is broken elsewhere, it's a delusion of grandeur to think that anything we do in a single thread will prevent beasting.

Last edited:
Damn I missed out again. If anyone finds them up again restocked in a 11 and would like to pm me would greatly appreciate the assist.

I agree with the two commentators above and I speak as a slightly disappointed Englishman who use to be able to cop easily from our local spots such ans End, Hanon, CT, WG, Size?, UI etc until those sites links were dropped on Jordan threads on here and elsewhere and the US woke up to the fact they could cop 5 hours before the NDC, FL Group madness went on sale. Fair play I would do the same.

I dont even bother with End and Hanon now accept on GR because their server just crashes at 12am as small independent stores cant cope with the whole world trying to add to cart at the same time. if they want to continue shipping internationaly they need to take a good look at their infrastructure. Although I can see why they do it as a Foamposite, LeBron or Kobe can sit for weeks on a UK only store (Corks and other SE aside).

I'm not bitter about it and as you say as soon as the link is common knowledge due to Kicksdeals etc you cant expect it to be kept off NT. However PM's does seem a better way of controlling the knowledge to people who will genuinely return the favour until it does become mass awareness.

Agree its great to see sensibility and maturity in this thread the New Balance one and others. The Royal 1 thread + WC 3 88 thread = absolute joke!

Back
Top Bottom