Human Resources: Social Engineering in the 20th Century

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

Originally Posted by thagreatj

i thought this was an interesting film

century of the self
???

Had to watch this in a class as an undergrad @ berkeley. Talks about the Edward Bernays and the creation of pr using his uncle Sigmund Freud's theories. Corporations basically started paying experts to tap into our psyches in order to turn us into a nation of passive consumers by fulfilling our inner most desires with products. Very interesting, there were all kinds of focus groups and experiments conduced by places like Stanford research institute. Essentially, categories were created to place individuals into based on certain character traits in which to profile them. Corporations could then market almost any product to literally any "type." I'm sure I'm leaving out a lot of info...
thanks, i may llook into it.

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

Originally Posted by thagreatj

i thought this was an interesting film

century of the self
???

Had to watch this in a class as an undergrad @ berkeley. Talks about the Edward Bernays and the creation of pr using his uncle Sigmund Freud's theories. Corporations basically started paying experts to tap into our psyches in order to turn us into a nation of passive consumers by fulfilling our inner most desires with products. Very interesting, there were all kinds of focus groups and experiments conduced by places like Stanford research institute. Essentially, categories were created to place individuals into based on certain character traits in which to profile them. Corporations could then market almost any product to literally any "type." I'm sure I'm leaving out a lot of info...
thanks, i may llook into it.

Back
Top Bottom