Hurricane Laura Thread

thanks for sharing! Hadn’t seen that before.

Most of the Houston natives on my friends list commonly share this website on my FB feed whenever a major Hurricane track is heading towards Houston almost every year, they claim these are independent meteorologists that DO NOT "play the fearmongering, hype media" game that the local ABCs, NBCs, FOXs, and CBS news stations do whenever a potential Hurricane system is headed towards the way of Texas.

That being said, another new update from their Twitter account

Eerily quiet here today. Kind of gloomy. Lots of businesses are closing early.

Most of the Houston natives on my friends list commonly share this website on my FB feed whenever a major Hurricane track is heading towards Houston almost every year, they claim these are independent meteorologists that DO NOT "play the fearmongering, hype media" game that the local ABCs, NBCs, FOXs, and CBS news stations do whenever a potential Hurricane system is headed towards the way of Texas.

That being said, another new update from their Twitter account

Yes that **** is very real! The Weather Channel >*

looks like its tracking east of us, but that doesn't bode well for our Beaumont neighbors.

my wife, kids and i are headed to austin (from houston) for her work. this was scheduled weeks ago...nervous about the evacuation traffic we are going to face...

my job is closing tomorrow...strange cause they were making us come when harvey was still going on.

D8A40561-6093-4A45-8E75-5A85DD577D7D.jpeg

Eerily quiet here today. Kind of gloomy. Lots of businesses are closing early.
It's always the ones nobody oats attention to that do the damage. This system is on par with Katrina size wise.

I think you intended to ask why people live in hurricane coastal areas. Most states that get hit by hurricanes are relatively unaffected when hurricane’s strike. Areas around the coast where hurricanes make landfall on the other hand are devastated.

People either live where they want to live or where they were born and wish to stay/can’t afford to leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ridin this thing out. Good bit of the neighbors are leaving but my wife works at the hospital and may get stuck. Not leaving my wife.

Yall stay safe

Last edited:
Just sitting here in the Beaumont area and waiting it out. Gonna be a fun night.

Port Arthur is who is really gonna be in trouble.

It's like this year can't suck enough. Can't wait to see what these last four months have in store for us.

Back
Top Bottom