************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

Just attempted getting gas by two stations by me. At one of them, you would think a presidential + his whole family assassination went down. Cops everywhere, people screaming and arguing at the top of their lungs. I took the L, made a U-turn and went back home.

I'll think about trying tomorrow, if not, just resort to public transportation until its safe to go pump some gas into my car. How sick does that sound? :smh:

Driving into work this morning I passed this Gas Station where the line wrapped around the the block. Police presence is heavy in all gas stations. When one near my job ran out of gas I could hear the cop on his bull horn telling people the station was out of gas and to go home.

As soon as I came in we got a special deliver of gas cans from our distribution center. I got two deliveries about an hour to two apart of 3 pallets of 5 gal. Gas Containers, 1 of 5 gal Kerosene container, 1 of 5 gal Diesel container, and 1 gal. Gas container. Sold out within the hour. People where desperate enough to take their chances buying Kerosene and Diesel containers even though we heard some get turned away at gas stations for them not being red. It was a mad house and people went nuts whenever you waived a gas container in front of them. A few people even ran to the back of the store where the loading bay is to try to get containers.

Last edited:
So when will trains be able to pass 34 or 42 street? Monday?

they were suppose to have a bunch of trains running by now so i guess tomorrow or monday the latest.

"Crews are still pushing to restore service on additional subway lines between #Brooklyn and #Manhattan before midnight."

-------

tumblr_mcq0v6INC01qb0ooso1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcoylhENgi1rzfdkmo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcoylhENgi1rzfdkmo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mcoylhENgi1rzfdkmo3_500.jpg

:x n train really got it bad

Last edited:
My cousin out in Miller Place said a dude tried cutting the line for gas and was shot to death. Be safe, bros. Hopefully things get back to normal soon because my generator is almost out of gas. I think it's madness by me, I can't even imagine how rough some people in NYC and NJ have it.

My cousin out in Miller Place said a dude tried cutting the line for gas and was shot to death. Be safe, bros. Hopefully things get back to normal soon because my generator is almost out of gas. I think it's madness by me, I can't even imagine how rough some people in NYC and NJ have it.
the cops show up at the gas stations before the workers do

I'm in the DMV and it didn't do much damage for the most part I can say power went out more than anything!!! 
smokin.gif

While I was at hertz getting my rental, someone said Obama is waiving car insurance deductibles if you were in one of the zones? Any truth to this? Car rental places all over have a 2-7 day wait, thy renting cars out with only 1/8 a tank of gas. I barely made it home.

im at a little under 3/4ths does anyone know what its like taking a 3 am trip?? im hoping i can do a real late night trip and hopefully only wait 30 minutes max??? am i fooling myself? also where can you get gas station updates?

Some stations are giving priority to healthcare workers, call around and ask your local gas stations, just have to show I.D

Some stations are giving priority to healthcare workers, call around and ask your local gas stations, just have to show I.D

That's what my moms was telling me...I just don't know which stations...I know my broinlaw is a paramedic and the FDNY and NYPD have their own assigned stations where they can go and fill up with no problems...

Im a nurse out here on long island, called a few around me and explained the situation, cops let me put $40 as soon as I pulled up and I was on my way

That's what my moms was telling me...I just don't know which stations...I know my broinlaw is a paramedic and the FDNY and NYPD have their own assigned stations where they can go and fill up with no problems...

So tell your bro law to take your whip ... Simple as that

Back
Top Bottom