Hyperdunk 2010 Thread

they need to come out with a china colorway......
pimp.gif

^ word? is that the confirmed one? i thought that was a just a random mickey d's colorway....
smh.gif

i can just feel it...these are going to be performance beasts....does anyone know the cushioning in these....full lenght zoom...heel forefoot zoom....etc?

Originally Posted by 45Nique15

i can just feel it...these are going to be performance beasts....does anyone know the cushioning in these....full lenght zoom...heel forefoot zoom....etc?

So you determined these are going to be performance beasts without knowing what the cushioning set up is?

Originally Posted by swingshot

So you determined these are going to be performance beasts without knowing what the cushioning set up is?

yeah i did so what

Originally Posted by swingshot

yeah i did so what

I guessed he said so since they are the next Hyperdunks which were performance beasts. To answer your question the cushioning setup is full length cushlon foam with forefoot zoom air. Just like the KD2 but probably softer since there is no rubber wrapping up the midsole plus it is just like the ZKV.
45Nique15, I have the same feeling. They have a ZKV alike midsole with a nice blend of responsive cushioning, a great TPU-Flywire upper again just like the ZKV and thankfully the hidden eyelet that the first HDs had. 

Only problems this shoe may have: Unsure about the traction pattern, I hope that it is rigid enough on the midfoot yet providing great heel to toe transition since the gf plate is missing and ofcourse I hope that restriction will be an option without sacrificing fit and lockdown when laced under the top three lace holes.

How sure are you about the Cushlon foam? According to the catalog available from Nike Team, it says it has a Phylon midsole.

Originally Posted by NikeShoeHead

How sure are you about the Cushlon foam? According to the catalog available from Nike Team, it says it has a Phylon midsole.

Yeah I had seen the catalog when it came out but it is not 100% sure if it's either IP(Injection Phylon) or Cushlon though both foams are very simililar with the cushlon giving a bit more extra cushion and the IP being more rigid. 
Personally I would think of IP cause it's the one used on the ZKV which has the same midsole construction but the latest I heared was cushlon just like the KD2.  

We will know very soon.

Originally Posted by Gggggas

Yeah I had seen the catalog when it came out but it is not 100% sure if it's either IP(Injection Phylon) or Cushlon though both foams are very simililar with the cushlon giving a bit more extra cushion and the IP being more rigid. 
Personally I would think of IP cause it's the one used on the ZKV which has the same midsole construction but the latest I heared was cushlon just like the KD2.  

We will know very soon.

Good info. My concern about using quite a bit of Cushlon foam and not having the outsole rubber wrapping up around it (like in the KD2) would be lateral stability.

And only forefoot Zoom?

We will know very soon.

Good info. My concern about using quite a bit of Cushlon foam and not having the outsole rubber wrapping up around it (like in the KD2) would be lateral stability.

And only forefoot Zoom?
You mean that you are afraid of stability issues this way right? Well if you have studied on the ZKV(NSRL Videos with Matt Nurse) you will be convinced that there are no such issues. Just check the videos of the ZKV. 
About the forefoot zoom, Nike is really focusing on responsiveness and their latest setup which was introduced by Leo Chang(KD Line,LeBron Ambassador line,Hyperize-max, HD2010 etc...) is primarily focusing on the essentials. An agile and strong player except for big guys is playing mostly on his toes when changing direcions, making cuts etc so they put a forefoot zoom bag to absorb a bit of impact and simultaniously provide responsiveness at the highest level. On the KD and LeBron line Leo put a full met bag though as you may know on the ZKV Avar had a small met bag just where you need it for added flexibility and responsiveness that Kobe personally wanted.

Well, I may not know what was put on the HD2010 but the only thing I can assure you is that they will perform.

As for the heel cushioning I don't think that it will fit everyone since just like the KD some people hated the lack of extra cushioning on the heel and others loved it(including myself) since it fitted their type of play. 

Imo, heel cushioning is just for impact protection if you play on your toes and I found myself  liking this setup. Bigger guys who need more protection said that it is insufficient and easily bottomed out but we have seen players like Amare switching to the KD2 from mid season up to the playoffs. 

Pics from my boy visiting New York. He said they're $200 flat cause there's no sales tax there. I was so tempted to tell him get a pair & I'd get him back but $200 I'd a lot to drop on a shoe that I haven't tried on. NT New Yorkers go get yours.

We will know very soon.

And only forefoot Zoom?
You mean that you are afraid of stability issues this way right? Well if you have studied on the ZKV(NSRL Videos with Matt Nurse) you will be convinced that there are no such issues. Just check the videos of the ZKV. 
About the forefoot zoom, Nike is really focusing on responsiveness and their latest setup which was introduced by Leo Chang(KD Line,LeBron Ambassador line,Hyperize-max, HD2010 etc...) is primarily focusing on the essentials. An agile and strong player except for big guys is playing mostly on his toes when changing direcions, making cuts etc so they put a forefoot zoom bag to absorb a bit of impact and simultaniously provide responsiveness at the highest level. On the KD and LeBron line Leo put a full met bag though as you may know on the ZKV Avar had a small met bag just where you need it for added flexibility and responsiveness that Kobe personally wanted.

Well, I may not know what was put on the HD2010 but the only thing I can assure you is that they will perform.

As for the heel cushioning I don't think that it will fit everyone since just like the KD some people hated the lack of extra cushioning on the heel and others loved it(including myself) since it fitted their type of play. 

Imo, heel cushioning is just for impact protection if you play on your toes and I found myself  liking this setup. Bigger guys who need more protection said that it is insufficient and easily bottomed out but we have seen players like Amare switching to the KD2 from mid season up to the playoffs. 

My concern is about the type of foam used: Cushlon. Since it is softer than Phylon, I am a bit worried about the lateral stability of it. In the KDII and the CP3.III, they both used Cushlon foam, but it was 'encapsulated' within the midsole.

If the midsole foam of the HD2010 is indeed Cushlon, I am concerned with how much of the foam is 'exposed' and if it may cause any problems with the lateral stability of the shoe.

NikeShoeHead wrote:
My concern is about the type of foam used: Cushlon. Since it is softer than Phylon, I am a bit worried about the lateral stability of it. In the KDII and the CP3.III, they both used Cushlon foam, but it was 'encapsulated' within the midsole.

If the midsole foam of the HD2010 is indeed Cushlon, I am concerned with how much of the foam is 'exposed' and if it may cause any problems with the lateral stability of the shoe.
On the CP3.III it is CMP(compression molded phylon) and it is all over the midsole, no enapsulated foam whatsoever but anyway I understand what you mean and I tell you that even if they used cushlon they wouldn't let an issue this important occur. After all it is Nike
smile.gif

^^Issue 31 of Sole Collector has an article about the CP3.III and it contains pictures of the tooling that shows the configurations of the CMP in the heel as well as the Cushlon in the forefoot.

I'm sure they tested the hell out of the HD2010 to be 100% sure it performs to their expectations (especially with how the Hyperize underperformed). I'll be looking forward to trying on a pair when the time comes.

how can anyone be okay with no type of air in the heel? don't you guys need the impact protection or does nobody jump anymore?

Back
Top Bottom