I Am 23 And Never Been Drunk Or High Am I Missing Out?

i made it to 18 without ever taking a drink, which is a HUGE accomplishment imo. y'all can kill your livers and i'll be 48 high stepping past you likedeion sanders.

I am 19years old and never been drunk or high
pimp.gif

I don't know if you're missing out or not. I'm in the same boat as you.

I haven't regretted it one bit.

because its not lame if someone decides not to do something..its their choice

but id say youre missing out. maybe id have a different answer if i wasnt at a party college and didnt smoke everyday

Originally Posted by davey5737

because its not lame if someone decides not to do something..its their choice

but id say youre missing out. maybe id have a different answer if i wasnt at a party college and didnt smoke everyday

Co-sign 100%

It depends on your personality. Whatever you do, don't become one of those "high on life
happy.gif
" people who feel they are better than some and bash someone because they choose not to smoke or drink.

dont knock it until you try it.

THIS!!

I have a friend that is a CM Punk fan (My group of friends are 19-21) and now all of a sudden he's "Straight Edge" and always trying to come upwith some analogies to ruin the fun... Ex. "If I talk down on a rapist, I'm a normal part of society, but if I talk down on you drug addicts andalcoholics I'm the bad guy"
We probably smoke/drink once a week
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I'm 31 and never been drunk or high.

The only thing you might have missed out on (and might still miss out on) is late night parties where just a few people get together to drink. Like, once youget a stable job, a career type job, odds are there will be a few people who meet regularly at night... to drink. Like, that's the point. It might be aclub, it might be one of their houses, might be a sports bar or a regular bar, but the point is to drink and maybe get lit. It's awkward being part of thatcircle without drinking or smoking, and that small circle of drinking buddies have a lot of fun, with their drinking games and taking their clothes off andwhat not.

And just about everyone I work with goes out and drinks, and that's pretty much the only time they all get together. Sure, we'll all meet up sometimeto maybe grab a bite to eat or catch a movie, but that's pretty much... never. We all got together and watched Wolverine the day it came out. How long agowas that? Exactly. That's how often they all get together and alcohol isn't involved.
laugh.gif

So yeah, if being sober doesn't affect your friendships, I'd say you're not missing out on anything. But if you're finding that it's hardto keep friends because everyone you know drinks all the time together and you don't, then I'd say you're missing out on that, and I'd also sayit's not that big of a deal.

I also think I will get addicted if I do it

It's hard enough for me to get off soda

If I pick up alcohol/drugs it's over for me

You might be, to be honest.

Throughout high school I never smoked or drank at all. But I eventually started to in moderation, and will drink occasionally, but always remain in control.I've never put myself in any danger or others by drinking, and I don't plan on it.

Each person is different, and it's up to the individual to find out what their limits are, and how they should live. If you've never drank I would saytry it, don't go head first into the deep end by any means, but casually drink with friends, and see if you enjoy it. A lot of alcohol is an acquiredtaste, so you may not like it initially. But given time you could learn to enjoy it and control yourself. Problem of course is, if you get your taste and thencan't control yourself, then you could end up in a lot of trouble over time.

I would avoid however thinking you're superior to those who drink or smoke. Simply because you choose not to participate doesn't make you a saint,people form their opinions based on the extremes of situations. Just because you see some of your friends become enraged lunatics when they drink, doesn'tmean there aren't people who have enough self-control to drink properly and in moderation.

It's a personal decision, and you're free to have your beliefs. But just as I won't judge you for choosing not to drink, I would expect the sametreatment if I want to enjoy a few beers while watching a football game.

im 24 and ive been smokin / drinkin since i was 13.....im far from a addict or a junky, but i just use the two to enhance the simple pleasures of life! i dontlet it take over, get me caught up in stupidity or fall behind on my priorities! i COULD have a good time without bud or brew......but if i have the money toget it...and aknowledge my tolerance for functioning....then i will smoke and or drink as much as i please

now my brother who is 23 on the other hand has never smoked, and doesnt drink but like once every couple of months.......he seems to be enjoying life just finewithout it........and he doesnt look down on me for what i do, look at me different... or care when i do them around him

to each is own

with their drinking games and taking their clothes off and what not.
laugh.gif
the hell? You got some strange friends apparently. Orfrat boy friends I guess.

As far as the OP... the only thing I'd say you're missing out on is the good taste of a nice craft brew. I love beer, but I rarely ever get blitzedand probably only drink a few times a month, total.. and it's just a social thing for the most part, meeting a few friends for a couple drinks or whatever.

I think you're just pretty trashy if you're still partying and smoking and drinking consistently after the age of about 25.. so you're almost thereanyways, and all your friends (except the losers) will eventually grow up and cut way back on that stuff.

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

It depends on your personality. Whatever you do, don't become one of those "high on life
happy.gif
" people feel they are better than some and bash someone because they choose smoke or drink.

dont knock it until you try it.
I don't smoke and I've never been drunk but my best friends definitely do. I don't sit in the corner "
mad.gif
eyes.gif
" all night. I have fun too. Thing is I don't really need that +**#, especially if you know me.

But my girl is ruining her relationship with her best friends/cousins because she chooses the holier than thou route, then wonders why they never wanna hangout with her
laugh.gif
I keep telling her its not that big of a deal but sheinsists on *****ing about it.

Originally Posted by parada45

getting addicted to something all depends on the person... as for me i drink and have tried cigs and weed but I can stop whenever i want to. It's all about your person and the amount of self control you have. If you are living life to the fullest without these things more power to you. I thinkdrinking alcohol in moderation enhances the moment tho.

possibly. ive def had several incredibly memorable moments and experiences playing drinking games with girls in college. plus if your friends all drinking at aparty and youre the sober stiff one youre prob not having as much fun. whenever me and my friends recall some of our fun crazy moments of our past its usuallywhen weve been slightly intoxicated. but if youre fine with not getting drunk or high then good for you.

Originally Posted by ATL 23 Jumpmanlove

Originally Posted by parada45

getting addicted to something all depends on the person... as for me i drink and have tried cigs and weed but I can stop whenever i want to. It's all about your person and the amount of self control you have. If you are living life to the fullest without these things more power to you. I think drinking alcohol in moderation enhances the moment tho.

alcoholism is hereditary. talk that self control all you want but children of alcoholic parents and those in families of alcoholics have a much higher risk ofbecoming one than others.

if your loving life and heading in the right path, then nah you arent missing out, but if you feel like you are missing out, then your missing out
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Idont know how to put it

the way I look at it-life is too short, we are probably gonna hit 30 years of age in no time, most likely have a family and a stable job or something, and Idef dont wanna be drinking and smoking by then it would be somewhat irresponsible

now is perfect, while our organs are young and ripe, the women are fresh, we have our hair
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

no regrets! , alot of people take their youth for granted

Don't worry about it. In ten years, your lungs and liver will thank you for the choices you're making today.

Are you missing? There is no doubt you're missing out but getting buzz and high isn't for everyone. Once you start drinking and burning, what'sgoing to stop you from saying am I missing out for not doing Cocaine, Heroine, Shrooms, X pills, etc?

Back
Top Bottom