I Am Dying

I wouldn't say it happens "often," but it does happen. A lot of times it's expected and the DNR/DNI/Comfort Care is in place so it's not a big to-do. When it's someone in their 80s or older I don't get all that worked up over it because they way I see it they lived a full life. When it happens to younger people (mostly cancer patients, traumas, and overdoses) it's legitimately sad. I just reconcile it by knowing I did what I could to help and that a lot of things aren't in my control.

The "code blue" scenarios can be rough though. Sometimes it happens fairly suddenly and it causes chaos, other times I'm running around crazy all day doing whatever I can to help keep the patient alive when I know damn well that the patient isn't gonna last the day. I've found myself thinking "please just code already" in some of those instances because I realize keeping them alive at that point is just slow torture and all of our efforts are futile. Just makes more sense to let the person pass as peacefully as possible and to utilize resources on patients we're actually able to fix.
Well u picked a dope profession and I admire your selfless contributions.

I dunno man, i'm no medical professional but seeing people be intolerant to smoking weed and being incredible high, vs. the psychosis, heart palpitations, vomiting and complete blackout on one 25mg gummies, not downing a handfull, tell me there's unknowns.

I dunno man, i'm no medical professional but seeing people be intolerant to smoking weed and being incredible high, vs. the psychosis, heart palpitations, vomiting and complete blackout on one 25mg gummies, not downing a handfull, tell me there's unknowns.
The latter set of symptoms isn't "almost dying." Not even close. I had that happen to me one of my first times smoking off of a gravity bong as a kid. Went to bed, slept til 4PM, and kept it moving. Blood pressure tanking to the point of needing vasopressor drugs and your respiratory status deteriorating to the point of needing intubation/mechanical ventilation is "almost dying." That's just a bad high.

Not sure how this is even an argument when we all know no one has ever died from weed.

I also love how nawghty says he "almost died," but they didn't even bother actually admitting him to the hospital.

Dude should've just stayed home, drank some water, and slept it off but he decided to be a drama queen about it.
Well I got free healthcare
Might as well take advantage

Well I got free healthcare
Might as well take advantage
Literally everything they did for you was kind of pointless. You didn't need those IV fluids, you would've been just fine without them. They probably just did that to say they did something for you. I see that a lot.

Doctors/PAs/nurses/etc. usually just laugh at cases like this. You basically just took up space that could've been used for someone that needed it more than you.

Literally everything they did for you was kind of pointless. You didn't need those IV fluids, you would've been just fine without them. They probably just did that to say they did something for you. I see that a lot.

Doctors/PAs/nurses/etc. usually just laugh at cases like this. You basically just took up space that could've been used for someone that needed it more than you.
Yeah
They was laughing when I woke up
And emergency room was empty that night so

Sooo nawghtyhare nawghtyhare just freaked out?

:rofl:
eh
theres more to the story
that actually led up to me wanting to go to the hospital
as well as the car ride to the hospital
but its too much to tell
and i dont want to
and plus yall would think i was JUST really really high
which i was
BUT
id like to think i almost died
and have a second chance at life