I don't know much about the Israel/Palestine conflict, but I do know a sonning

I agree in the sense that Jewish people need to stop playing the Holocaust card and their usage of crocodile tears to further their agendas as ol girl was trying to do. This is prevalent in the younger communities as they think they have some sort of entitlement because of what their ANCESTORS went through. You don't get to use that as an excuse.

Save the anti-semite comments.

I don't care for the Palestinians or the Israelis.

He's not alone in his views:
http://www.youtube.com/v/T1NLdRVkJiA&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/T1NLdRVkJiA&hl=en_US&fs=1&

That was one powerful sonning.
You know you sonned someone when they squeeze their head in defeat like that girl.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

That was one powerful sonning.
You know you sonned someone when they squeeze their head in defeat like that girl.
Word, head bout to explode from the sooning just received. I've read about the whole quarrel between the two and listened to a speaker who was Israel for over a year. I've come to the conclusion that they are stupid for not wanting to live together and not bother one another. Just my two cents

Wasn't expecting that at all when he started talking about his parents.
pimp.gif
to say the least. Powerful.

Let the sonning begin.
laugh.gif

I agree in the sense that Jewish people need to stop playing the Holocaust card and their usage of crocodile tears to further their agendas as ol girl was trying to do. This is prevalent in the younger communities as they think they have some sort of entitlement because of what their ANCESTORS went through. You don't get to use that as an excuse.

I completely agree with this dude. The Israeli government has been doing some messed up stuff for decades and their number one ally the US has just turned their back on the situation.

I have been to quite a few of these kind of presentations and lectures back in my university days pertaining to the Palestinian cause. We have had many like Mr. Finkelstein who are of Jewish descent and come and do promotions for their books or work. We used to have a bunch of people like this girl or others in the Jewish Club Association that were extremist Zionists or pro-Israeli that would do something like this. It happened at the Gideon Levy presentation I went to.

I understand voicing your opinion, but that girl went ahead completely TWISTED his words and cried fake tears. @**@@, sit your %%$ down! She completely failed at trying to demean him.

I command scholars like him. Trust me, they get it hard. They even sometimes have the Jewish lobbies working all they got to put them down in any way and even get their writings and literature censored or not published or promoted. Due to someone like Finkelstein who is of Jewish descent and who supports the Palestinian cause, his name is dragged through the mud in western media outlets. Many extremist pro-Zionist, pro-Israeli aspects in the media will demean them, call them self-hating Jews and traitors and twist their words and say they support Palestinian terrorists. Completely despicable. In spite of all that, they still go out and do their work and in what they believe.

Like Mr. Levy said, you will try to discuss with some who are extremist Zionists about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in the present sense and within 5 minutes they will mention the Holocaust. It is a way of deterring the current issue of the occupation and mistreatment of Palestinians by the Israeli government and to try to take away sympathy or empathy for the Palestinian cause. That is what Mr. Finkelstein is talking about. He came to my university but I missed it.

Originally Posted by Lex Starks

I agree in the sense that Jewish Black people need to stop playing the Holocaust Slavery card and their usage of crocodile tears to further their agendas. This is prevalent in the younger communities as they think they have some sort of entitlement because of what their ANCESTORS went through. You don't get to use that as an excuse.
what if someone typed that? i think it is very insensitive to type what you did ...

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

I agree in the sense that Jewish Black people need to stop playing the Holocaust Slavery card and their usage of crocodile tears to further their agendas. This is prevalent in the younger communities as they think they have some sort of entitlement because of what their ANCESTORS went through. You don't get to use that as an excuse.
what if someone typed that? i think it is very insensitive to type what you did ...

You are completely missing the point here. You are twisting what he is saying. I think maybe he meant the extremist pro-Zionist, pro-Israelis, rather than all Jewish people who use the Holocaust card for certain agendas and arguments such as that Israel has the right to occupy, bulldoze homes, kill, and torture Palestinians because the Jewish victims of WWII went through the Holocaust.

In fact, as Mr. Finkelstein in the sonning points out, the Holocaust should not be used as an excuse to justify state-sanctioned murder and occupation of the Palestinian people. Moreover, the criticism of the Israeli government, the state, and its policies should not be regarded as anti-semitism.

The Holocaust is a tragedy that should not be forgotten, but pertaining to the current situation of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, it should not be used in contexts to prevent proper and eloquent discussion of Israel's policies when those policies are counter-productive to peace in the region as a whole and violate basic and fundamental human rights.

There is no progress in the discussion or even the whole study on this conflict in general when the Holocaust is used to defend Israel's indefensible policies.

apples to oranges kid.  don't pick that fight in this thread, stay on topic.

I would have said the same thing about slavery and the civil rights movement. As Huey said on the Boondocks to Granddad, "were you there?" in reference to Granddad saying that we went through a lot by getting hosed down and attacked by dogs. Just because something happened to a certain group of people does not entitle everyone of that background to use that as their excuse.

I would have said the same thing about slavery and the civil rights movement. As Huey said on the Boondocks to Granddad, "were you there?" in reference to Granddad saying that we went through a lot by getting hosed down and attacked by dogs. Just because something happened to a certain group of people does not entitle everyone of that background to use that as their excuse.
word. Every nation, group, ethnicity, got bodied at some point in history. If u keep it moving, u progress. If u dont, u repeat the cycle.

First of all little kid you should stay in your space. Nobody is using slavery to annex, murder, rape and politically oppress an entire region.

http://www.youtube.com/v/T1NLdRVkJiA&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/T1NLdRVkJiA&hl=en_US&fs=1&

o_rly.jpg

cmon_son.jpg

Originally Posted by Nako XL

http://www.youtube.com/v/T1NLdRVkJiA&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/T1NLdRVkJiA&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/T1NLdRVkJiA&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/T1NLdRVkJiA&hl=en_US&fs=1&

o_rly.jpg

cmon_son.jpg
To be honest I don't care how you feel but you cannot use the Holocaust as an excuse to fuel an agenda as Zionists do.

Back
Top Bottom