I just ran into a deer.

jpzx

Supporter
In Menominie, Wisconsin on 94-W. Late night trip back from Madison after the Gophers-Badgers game.

Car alongside of me (20 ft. away) in right lane while I am in left. I suddenly see a deer maybe 75 feet away and I swerved left. The deer jumped in the air out of probably fright, and then ran where I was swerving and... contact was made.

Car kept sliding left into the ditch before hitting a guard rail and scraping up entire left side of the car. Front right tire area disheveled, nearly gone.

I was fine. Don't know where the deer limped off to unfortunately.

I was born in a strange part of the United States. This is the **** I deal with.

In Menominie, Wisconsin on 94-W. Late night trip back from Madison after the Gophers-Badgers game.

Car alongside of me (20 ft. away) in right lane while I am in left. I suddenly see a deer maybe 75 feet away and I swerved left. The deer jumped in the air out of probably fright, and then ran where I was swerving and... contact was made.

Car kept sliding left into the ditch before hitting a guard rail and scraping up entire left side of the car. Front right tire area disheveled, nearly gone.

I was fine. Don't know where the deer limped off to unfortunately.

I was born in a strange part of the United States. This is the **** I deal with.

glad you ok bruh. Deers are no joke they will lay your car out and keep it pushing

Man only animal I've had to swerve top miss on the road is a coyote, glad you're alright OP.

We are still in deer mating season. The worst time to drive during this time of year on the highway in the Midwest

Last edited:
View media item 1281777
Hit a deer doing 75mph last year.
Never swerve. Hit it straight and brace for the hit.

Totaled the car.
Walked out and rolled the car to the shoulder and called it in.
Lucky to have no problems at all with my body.

I hit a big as deer going 25mph on the south side of ATL.  Buckled my hood and completely destroyed my grill.  The crazy part about it was I keep saying I was going to hit a deer the second I started my car up, and pulled out the drive way.   

by my job there's a road where deer are everywhere..I stay clear of that road during the winter

Venison it's self... Or getting the meat off road kill?

Venison is a staple where I'm at.
Homemade jerkey and moose/elk/deer stews are great.
Last thanksgiving we had moose, elk, and a turkey.

As far as roadkill...
It's state by state if it's acceptable to remove animals off the road for home consumption.
Most states don't allow it.

That's crazy, I never even seen a deer in my life.
Glad you're okay man.

those deers do damage... i feel like theres an accident because of deers everyday since i see them on the side of the highway or sidewalk all the time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom