I keep hearing working in law enforcement pays well.

It depends where you live. I know/knew cops in NYC & they don't get nearly as much money as cops that are in NY suburbs. Why this is i dunno.

Because most people can't handle the fact they can't do drugs when working in law enforcement, so they shy away. 

It does and it doesnt...Based on location, and shift, Graveyard shift (where the rookies start) pays more than day shift..

Go for Fire fighter or Sanitation instead. Similar money in most places and a lot more respectable.

what kind of salary are you looking at? i know all areas are different but where i'm from (northern cali) a plumber can make over 100k a year without having to worry about getting shot.

Depends on area. My Bro in law works for d.c. metro. He said either there or sf was where you can make the best money. Dc because area is less pricer than sf.

I'm currently in school for Criminal Justice (Graduate in May) and I want to do Law Enforcement as well... I really want to be DEA Agent.. Anyone here knows some connects to the DEA?

i graduated with an associate's in criminal justice last march and i haven't been able to find work, i'm sick of the "we're looking for someone with more experience" responses
mad.gif
mean.gif

If your ima rich suburb you get paid right away with potential to make some sick overtime but with the economy they are cracking down on it. Also you have to have connects to get in. Some people I know did NYC for a but and then eventually went to a suburb pay sucked in NYC cop.

It can. I work law enforcement and to be honest, it depends on the agency you work for first & foremost. The biggest agency in my city (Houston Police Dept.) starts off in the mid 30s, while a city such as Austin starts off in the low to mid 50s. But 9/10 officers make their real bread on side jobs/overtime with side jobs being the more lucritave of the two. As far as more people not in the field, it takes a lot to know that any given day/time, it can get realer than most would care to handle.

Back
Top Bottom