I know alot of cats love ETHER..but for me this is what brought home the W for Nas...

People come on, it's almost 2010.....let it go. Nas won.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by INFAMOUS199

lol Is it black girl lost or shorty owe you for ice. Nas shiny suit that puff made him wear was the end for me and attempts at going commercial and it was a fail

I thought that jaz wearing chains was a lie then jay admitted it in an interview in london when he said he borrowed jaz's piece to wear on a cover of a single they had but it was just for that shoot

1) This was theeee most idiotic thing I felt was said throughout the entire "battle" and mogs ran with that %%+! like Usain Bolt. Like someonefeels the same way about something at all times. Like we all don't wear many different hats throughout our lifetime. Black Girl Lost (one my personalfavorite songs of all time) was an ode to what he saw on the daily and was meant to serve as a testament of what behavior to avoid and as we saw that femalewas set in her ways and was going to do what she was going to do addicted to the high life. Now for those females that are already stuck in that mode theresno reason to treat them any other type of way and if you do then you're simping but if you don't you're a walking contradiction.

With that being said, I wasn't a fan of that shiny %%+! he was on in that video either
smh.gif

2) How is that a lie??? If I ask you to borrow you jacket to run to the store and you give it to me am I not wearing your jacket??? and it wasn't likehe was just at the crib and they were kickin it and he said let me see that and put it on... he wore his %%+! for a photoshoot to present an image, so I askagain... How Is That A Lie???

Once again... Just playing Devils advocate because I'm don't particularly care for any song that either artist spit directly at the other during thisbattle. Its just like Nay said, People constantly say he was lying, I'll give y'all the roasting and jokes aspect, but I'm not really seeing anyfabrication.

Was KRS One not "roasting" MC Shan & Juice Crew?? He said them Ns was smokin crack and Roxane Shontae was only good for steady"pumpin"...

Was LL and Moe Dee not "roasting" eachother??

Is that not the essence of a battle?? Ns wanna make it seem like its a bad thing when Jay is on the other side of it
smh.gif
... Cats is pathetic... Hip hopdeserves more inteligent fans than this, you kids are uninformed...

Did KRS already have a album called Blueprint?

Did Jay ever rock Jaz's Chain?

Hawian Shirts?

Was Jay in his 30's kicking it in a karate class?

We already dicussed the Rockafella line.

Did Jay keep his face in Fox +#$$ for easy exposure?

Did Eminem outshine Jay on Renegade?

Shawn Carter = Jay Z = Jaz-O ?

So what "lies" were talking bout?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

u ugly... u got fat lips... u look like a camel...

vs

i smashed ur bm... have a waaaaay better career than u... u a hypocrite who dont know if he wants to b conscious or commercial...

yea ok nas won
ohwell.gif

1) Why do people always point to this like it was some grand +%# checkmate... Why would I care about who my ex @*@*! is $%!++!*??? By all accounts shewasn't even his most recent piece, she was a few ({})'s removed... As long as she's taking care of the kid and not exposing shorty to her whoreishways and doesn't have her around any unsavory people, why should he care about her???? Y'all must be some extremely overly emotional _'s
smh.gif
If meand the mother of my child stop dealing with each other tomorrow and we're done I wouldn't care if she let the entire Bears offensive squad run throughit, as long as my daughter was nowhere around it. Y'all have been schooled wrong I see thats on that broad not Esco.

2) you judge everything by commercial success so there is no point in even commenting on this.

3) I addressed this in my post above you... Hilarious.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

vs

i smashed ur bm... have a waaaaay better career than u... u a hypocrite who dont know if he wants to b conscious or commercial...

yea ok nas won
ohwell.gif

1) Why do people always point to this like it was some grand +%# checkmate... Why would I care about who my ex @*@*! is $%!++!*???
Ehh...according to her...he was smashing when they was together
You comin home to dishes and empty soda cans
Wedding bands don't make it rosy man
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Point blank, %%%* is wack.

@+#$ a fella?

!$%$ suckin lips?

Gay-Z?

indifferent.gif
Lame.

Soooooooooooooo... 1st it was he was tellin a bunch of lies... Now it Point Blank Period, #**$ was wack...

True, you're my guy but come on G this is what people are talking about, when Jay is concerned his diehard fans do say anything to avoid admitting certainthings about him. You're better than that G.

Originally Posted by GTEK

Did KRS already have a album called Blueprint?

Did Jay ever rock Jaz's Chain?

Hawian Shirts?

Was Jay in his 30's kicking it in a karate class?

We already dicussed the Rockafella line.

Did Jay keep his face in Fox +#$$ for easy exposure?

Did Eminem outshine Jay on Renegade?

Shawn Carter = Jay Z = Jaz-O ?

So what "lies" were talking bout?
eyes.gif

+1
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^ Eggzackly.

"1 hot album every 10 year average" Now thats a damn lie.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

vs

yea ok nas won
ohwell.gif

1) Why do people always point to this like it was some grand +%# checkmate... Why would I care about who my ex @*@*! is $%!++!*???
laugh.gif

I thought I remembered her saying that her and Nas weren't together when she started #++$*% with Jay but they was still gettin it in at the same time causeshe @%@%@+ both of them in the same day or some crazy whorish **#* like that
sick.gif
smh.gif

She also said he was never around any of her daughters things let alone a car seat sooooooooooooo... Was he lying???
nerd.gif

Further more where's the fact check on Jay Z's Takeover verse??

But along with celebrity comes bout seventy shots to your frame
**%@#; you a - LAAAAAAAME!
Youse the +#+ model for Karl Kani/Esco ads

There's one gay joke in the first 3 bars
eyes.gif
... Where's theoutcry??
Went from, Nasty Nas to Esco's trash
Had a spark when you started but now you're just garbage
Fell from top ten to not mentioned at all
LIES...
to your bodyguard's "Oochie Wally" verse better than yours
Matter fact you had the worst flow on the whole *!%%*# song
but I know - the sun don't shine, then son don't shine

According to Jay Z?? Of course he thought Horse's verse was better, the N started it off biting Biggie...
Under Further Review...
LIES
That's why your - LAAAAAAAME! - career come to a end
There's only so long fake thugs can pretend
**%@#; you ain't live it you witnessed it from your folks pad
You scribbled in your notepad and created your life
8 years later... NaS career hasn't come to an "end"...
I showed you your first tec on tour with Large Professor
(Me, that's who!) Then I heard your album bout your tec on the dresser
Thats a true story... Not sure if it was NaS' first time seeing a Tec, but Jay is about 10 years older than him and this was late 80s early90s...
TRUTH...

So yeah I sampled your voice, you was usin it wrong
You made it a hot line, I made it a hot song
The World Is Yours > Dead Presidents
Under Further Review
LIES...
And you ain't get a coin **%@# you was gettin %@$**! and
I know who I paid God, Serchlite Publishing
Under Further Review:
HHNLive.com: What was your reaction to the Serchlite line in Jay-Z's "Takeover"?

MC Serch: I never really paid that line much mind. It was a way of Jay getting underneath Nas' skin. The truth of the matter is we don't own Nas' publishing, never have. We administer Nas' publishing, but Nas owns his own publishing. So when Jay said he paid Serchlite Publishing, it's not necessarily true. It's just a way of getting under Nas' skin.

LIES...

Use your - BRAAAAAAAIN! You said you been in this ten
I've been in it five - smarten up Nas
Four albums in ten years **%@#? I can divide
That's one every let's say two, two of them !%+!# was due
One was - NAHHH, the other was "Illmatic"
That's a one hot album every ten year average
Illmatic - 5 Mics
It Was Written - 4 1/2 Mics (Record Report was side by side with Reasonable Doubt in The Source)
I Am... - 4 1/2 Mics
Nastradamus - 3 Mics

Under Further Review:
LIES...

And that's so - LAAAAAAAME! **%@# switch up your flow
Your !$+# is garbage, but you try and kick knowledge?
(Get the +%!# outta here) You +%!*%# gon' learn to respect the king
Don't be the next contestant on that Summer Jam screen
Because you know who (who) did you know what (what)
with you know who (yeah) but just keep that between me and you for now
TRUTH... (even tho Jay Z is no king)

So there is a "Fact Check" on his "Takeover" verse... There's not too many facts in there tho...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by eight2one

yall seriously think Nas won???

Superugly>> Ether!

That +%!* was on a whole nother level of disrespect.

I don't understand how dudes can cheer on a song like "Hit Em Up" and then trash Superugly and play the "he went too far...he was desperate" card.

He told dude he left condoms on his baby seat
smh.gif

THANK YOU!!! He just got hella personal, what Nas say that was really effecting Jay?

vs

yea ok nas won
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

I thought I remembered her saying that her and Nas weren't together when she started #++$*% with Jay but they was still gettin it in at the same time cause she @%@%@+ both of them in the same day or some crazy whorish **#* like that
sick.gif
smh.gif

She also said he was never around any of her daughters things let alone a car seat sooooooooooooo... Was he lying???
nerd.gif

Either way...he obviously was linked up with shorty and had feelings her that went beyond just being the mother of his child. She said Nas washeated when he found out so obviously he wasn't on the "Why would I care about who my ex @*@*! is $%!++!*???" tip. As for the condom thing...of course that's just !!!! talking...but it was just so disrespectful because at the point it was revealed that Jaywas smashing so _'s was like
smh.gif
because it COULD have happened.

There's really nothing you can do about your broad being a %!%* bucket. I acknowledge the L for practical purposes and perhaps making a bad choice ofmate...but if _'s think about it logically and not as if women are some type of possession it's a "ah well" type matter. Whatever though. Icare about broads until I don't anymore. So once we break up it doesn't matter to me anymore. Nas was "married." It's nice to brag aboutperhaps, but all that type +%%! reflects poorly on the woman more than the guy IMO.

Like, Super Ugly was about Carmen more than Nas. Nas caught the shrapnel L.

And it didn't help that Jay was apologizing the next day on some Jay Budden +%%!.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Use your - BRAAAAAAAIN! You said you been in this ten
I've been in it five - smarten up Nas
Four albums in ten years **%@#? I can divide
That's one every let's say two, two of them !%+!# was due
One was - NAHHH, the other was "Illmatic"
That's a one hot album every ten year average
Illmatic - 5 Mics
It Was Written - 4 1/2 Mics (Record Report was side by side with Reasonable Doubt in The Source)
I Am... - 4 1/2 Mics
Nastradamus - 3 Mics

Under Further Review:
LIES...

Honestly that was a half truth within a lie, Jay had been in the game way longer than five years at that point considering it took him 10yrs to get the chanceto release RD soooooooo....
eyes.gif

Either way...he obviously was linked up with shorty and had feelings her that went beyond just being the mother of his child. She said Nas was heated when he found out so obviously he wasn't on the "Why would I care about who my ex @*@*! is $%!++!*??? " tip. As for the condom thing...of course that's just !!!! talking...but it was just so disrespectful because at the point it was revealed that Jay was smashing so _'s was like
smh.gif
because it COULD have happened.

That I remember. Good Business folks
pimp.gif
. But I was moreso talking aboutwhen he released it why would he care about him saying that, if I worded that wrong thats on me. At that time that mog had been what 9yrs removed form thatsituation, done hit countless other biddies, and was with Kelis who was bad as hell... Why would he care? Thats just my way of thinking...

I'm not gonna get into the 2457243049389543 argument of Jay and Nas (LET IT GO FOLKS), but tracks like Last Real +*#$! Alive are what makes God's Sonmy fav. Nas album...it hit close to home for me and is a personal classic.

It's a great feeling to come in a thread that jumped 3 pages in a few hours and not say anything of value because it was already said for you.

pimp.gif

So many cats going against the grain or doing their daily stan duties.

Anyway, great songs.

BURNER AT THE SIDE OF YOUR DOME-LIESSSS NAS AINT NEVA BUST HIS GUNZZZ
IN 88 U WAS GETTIN CHASED ...CALLIN MY CRIB-LIESSSSSSSSSSS NAS WAS LIKE 14
lol this fun

Back
Top Bottom