I know alot of cats love ETHER..but for me this is what brought home the W for Nas...

Posting for Nay since he can't at the moment. This is in response to Jthatgreat's and I quote "pathetically inaccurate analysis of the battle... Itwas pitiful."
laugh.gif

This is an MTV special on the Jay Vs. NaS battle:

Master Zik wrote:
Posting for Nay since he can't at the moment. This is in response to Jthatgreat's and I quote "pathetically inaccurate analysis of the battle... It was pitiful."
laugh.gif

This is an MTV special on the Jay Vs. NaS battle:

Analysis?

Dude copied pasted lyrics + his bias thoughts.
laugh.gif

You show off, I count off when you sample my voice

So yeah I sampled your voice, you was usin it wrong
You made it a hot line, I made it a hot song
And you ain't get a coin *@%## you was gettin $%$#!% and
I know who I paid God, Serchlite Publishing
Use your - BRAAAAAAAIN!
lies

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Use your - BRAAAAAAAIN!
lies
Oh really??

HHNLive.com: What was your reaction to the Serchlite line in Jay-Z's "Takeover"?

MC Serch: I never really paid that line much mind. It was a way of Jay getting underneath Nas' skin. The truth of the matter is we don't own Nas' publishing, never have. We administer Nas' publishing, but Nas owns his own publishing. So when Jay said he paid Serchlite Publishing, it's not necessarily true. It's just a way of getting under Nas' skin.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

If nothing else, I always found the line "With your hands out for my money, man, how much can I take?" funny as hell given that nobdy and I mean nobody would think Nas was seeing Jay from a money standpoint around this timeframe.
You misunderstood the line so i'll help u out......

Nas was MIA for a while when "The Takeover" hit the stations due to his mom being in the hospital bed suffering from cancer i believe. He stated thisin "Last Real N Alive" and he took the disses as trying to "assassinate his character"........

let me dumb it down.........

if u assassinate dude's character.........he doesn't have a way of makin money.....thus takin away his livelihood........

"hands out for my money, man how much can I take?"

On a side note......

He also said in an interview (can't remember if it was in a magazine i forgot) that when he was taking care of his mom, everybody was blowin up his phoneabout the takeover hittin the street.

"Heard it when i was sleep,
that this _y-Z and _afella records wanted beef"

....im done, proceed

So now that every case that has been made for jay has been destroyed by better logic and evidence.....

we can all agree

Jay won

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Use your - BRAAAAAAAIN!
lies
Oh really??

HHNLive.com: What was your reaction to the Serchlite line in Jay-Z's "Takeover"?

MC Serch: I never really paid that line much mind. It was a way of Jay getting underneath Nas' skin. The truth of the matter is we don't own Nas' publishing, never have. We administer Nas' publishing, but Nas owns his own publishing. So when Jay said he paid Serchlite Publishing, it's not necessarily true. It's just a way of getting under Nas' skin.

thats your evidence? So if i administer your publishing. People pay me, NOT YOU. silly rabbit

Did you not read the part where it says "Nas owns his own publishing" or was Jay's @##% in the way?

Use your - BRAAAAAAAIN!
lies
Oh really??

thats your evidence? So if i administer your publishing. People pay me, NOT YOU. silly rabbit

But NaS still gets paid. You can't be that dense not to understand that
laugh.gif
So every time the ppl who administer the publishing gets paid, the owner getspaid.
So now that every case that has been made for jay has been destroyed by better logic and evidence.....

we can all agree

Jay won
roll.gif

Use your - BRAAAAAAAIN!
lies
Oh really??

So MC Search saying it himself isn't convincing enough??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
... The guy Jay Z claimed he paid??

He's shooting down Jay Z claim, but you're willing to believe your idol, who has been proven to be quite the liar on several occasions over the courseof about 20 years...
eyes.gif
OK

laugh.gif
My son is in straight denial right now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I thought you was gone after that essay?

laugh.gif
Sticking to 5 words or less. If only they all did that

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I thought you was gone after that essay?

laugh.gif
Sticking to 5 words or less. If only they all did that

Those fallacies got pointed out bro... all he can say is "Nas Lost" over and over in hopes that he'll believe it. Its like Dorthy clicking theheels of those red shoes...

wiz-of-oz-red-shoes.jpg

He just wants to go back to his world where everything Jay says makes sense.

Originally Posted by 214

If nothing else, I always found the line "With your hands out for my money, man, how much can I take?" funny as hell given that nobdy and I mean nobody would think Nas was seeing Jay from a money standpoint around this timeframe.

Nas was MIA for a while when "The Takeover" hit the stations due to his mom being in the hospital bed suffering from cancer i believe. He stated this in "Last Real N Alive" and he took the disses as trying to "assassinate his character"........

if u assassinate dude's character.........he doesn't have a way of makin money.....thus takin away his livelihood........

On a side note......

He also said in an interview (can't remember if it was in a magazine i forgot) that when he was taking care of his mom, everybody was blowin up his phone about the takeover hittin the street.

....im done, proceed

Do you actually believe that explanation you gave?? If so..........
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

To me the best line in ether was "Queensbridge run yall n's ask Russell Simmons."

If that's the case, then doens't the line then come back and hurt Nas later on when he signs to Def Jam under Jay??

Originally Posted by 214

Nas was MIA for a while when "The Takeover" hit the stations due to his mom being in the hospital bed suffering from cancer i believe. He stated this in "Last Real N Alive" and he took the disses as trying to "assassinate his character"........

On a side note......

He also said in an interview (can't remember if it was in a magazine i forgot) that when he was taking care of his mom, everybody was blowin up his phone about the takeover hittin the street.

....im done, proceed

Do you actually believe that explanation you gave?? If so..........
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

To me the best line in ether was "Queensbridge run yall n's ask Russell Simmons."

If that's the case, then doens't the line then come back and hurt Nas later on when he signs to Def Jam under Jay??

Se the thing about that is... Jay was never really running Def Jam... L.A Reid was and still is.

Use your - BRAAAAAAAIN!
lies
Oh really??

You're really reaching here dude. Does credibility mean anything to you or do you just fight battles for Jay no matter what? And what do you gain from thisexactly?

Back
Top Bottom