I know alot of cats love ETHER..but for me this is what brought home the W for Nas...

What about Dame?? He didn't do just as much as Jay (if not more) for Beans in the beginning... & he was signed to their label after all... Isn'tthat what you're suppose to do for an artist you sign?? Or no

Beans controls his own destiny... He's signed (or is about to sign to 50), that makes him his pimp?? He was gonna be dissing Jay ragardless... 50 hadNOTHING to do with "Average Cat"... Weather Beans was on an indie or with G Unit, he would still be speaking his piece... By linking with 50, Beansmade a power move, cause EVERYone knows had he tried another route he would've been black balled by Jay Z, cause he's known to do sucka !@%% likethat...

Jay said No ones scared of 50 back in Sept... 50 was gonna address that regardless, especially with an album drop you think he was gonna let Jay say that !@%%about him the week after HIS album dropped?? And he did BEFORE Beans situation with Jay EVER popped up, so yall Ns talkin bout he's a pawn or being used by50 don't know what you're talkin about AT ALL...

50 wanted to sign Beans in 05... Cause he liked him as an artist...

Furthermore... The topic that this thread was addressing for the majority of the pages was the validity of what NaS was saying in "Ether", now if NaSsupposidly got these so called "secrets" from Jaz, how is that he's supposidly lying throughout "Ether"?? I mean which one is it??First he's lyin & now he's getting insider info from former friends??

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

What about Dame?? He didn't do just as much as Jay (if not more) for Beans in the beginning... & he was signed to their label after all... Isn't that what you're suppose to do for an artist you sign?? Or no

Beans controls his own destiny... He's signed (or is about to sign to 50), that makes him his pimp?? He was gonna be dissing Jay ragardless... 50 had NOTHING to do with "Average Cat"... Weather Beans was on an indie or with G Unit, he would still be speaking his piece... By linking with 50, Beans made a power move, cause EVERYone knows had he tried another route he would've been black balled by Jay Z, cause he's known to do sucka !@%% like that...

Jay said No ones scared of 50 back in Sept... 50 was gonna address that regardless, especially with an album drop you think he was gonna let Jay say that !@%% about him the week after HIS album dropped?? And he did BEFORE Beans situation with Jay EVER popped up, so yall Ns talkin bout he's a pawn or being used by 50 don't know what you're talkin about AT ALL...

50 wanted to sign Beans in 05... Cause he liked him as an artist...

Furthermore... The topic that this thread was addressing for the majority of the pages was the validity of what NaS was saying in "Ether", now if NaS supposidly got these so called "secrets" from Jaz, how is that he's supposidly lying throughout "Ether"?? I mean which one is it?? First he's lyin & now he's getting insider info from former friends??

weather.JPG

laugh.gif
, Nah messing with you G.

back to the topic of this post real quick

last real N alive is a classic

when my kidds get old enough ( about 30
laugh.gif
) I'm gonna make themlisten to this song while i break it down for them

so they can hear the music I grew up on

this song runs the gamut of mid 90's NY rap ( the best period for hip-hop, ever)

Nas names most of the artists i used to listen to back then (and the real kings of hip-hop)

ghostface , raekwon, B.I.G, wu-tang,etc.

the only relevant ones he doesnt mention is mobb deep

one of my favorite quotes from it :

.......but i borrowed from both them ninjas, jigga started to flow like us,but hit wit aint no ninja........

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I feel you, Ether is Ether though. Ether is the 12th round KO, LRNA is the classic post fight interview.

Whole album was on that super personal tip.
LRNA>>>>>>Ether

ether is overrated
just like i think BP2>>>Takeover but hey...history will always say otherwise

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

don't know if I'm stating the obvious but you guys know that hook are some biggie lines, right?

FROM PAGE 1
still not sure if you guys realize this or not.

Yes. Well Atleast I Did... if you listen to the song he stated how Big & Rae were both is dudes and they used to play him against the other saying the other was stealing his style, lines etc but he borrowed from both of them.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Yes. Well Atleast I Did... if you listen to the song he stated how Big & Rae were both is dudes and they used to play him against the other saying the other was stealing his style, lines etc but he borrowed from both of them.
yeah, just passing along knowledge to others who may not know.
I saw comments praising the hook

I'm a big Nas fan, dont worry.

I've always said, Nas' best of (if held to 1 cd) would murder Jay-Z's best of

but Nas is so inconsistent it angers me. Jay has more enjoyable hits as far as quantity.

*Nas-Unreleased_and_Rare-Bootleg-2003-FUA.rar

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1cugyk*Nas-Carry_The_Cross-2004-DR.rar
*Nas-Freestyle_Flava_Vol._II-2002-CMS_INT.rar
*Nasir_Jones-Carry_The_Cross_Chapter_2_(The_Rebirth)-2004-WHOA.rar

Whoa this thread came back from the dead.   
laugh.gif

But I've always wondered about this line on to Common's "Chi-City",

"The game need a makeover
My man retired, I'ma take over
Tell these halftime @#%$ break's over
I'm raw hustlas getcha bakin' soda"

Sounds like a shot to Nas.  Did I miss a under the radar beef between the two?

Thats a damn good catch... I've heard that line a many of times but never thought he was taking shots since he used to refer to himself as Chi-towns Nas... But anythings possible and reading it is making my wheels turn.

He could just be playing on the entire beef thing in words though:

The Takeover The Breaks Over

coupled with the fact that the 1st time majority of us heard Nas was Halftime off the Zebrahead sound track

etc... I find it hard to believe that Com would take shots unprovoked.

I'm rambling
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 757bred

Whoa this thread came back from the dead.   
laugh.gif

But I've always wondered about this line on to Common's "Chi-City",

"The game need a makeover
My man retired, I'ma take over
Tell these halftime @#%$ break's over
I'm raw hustlas getcha bakin' soda"

Sounds like a shot to Nas.  Did I miss a under the radar beef between the two?

Even if it were directed at Nas I don't see that as a shot. 

^Nah...
I doubt that's a dart.
Remember what Common said on "6th Sense":
"...a king with words CAN'T KNOCK THE HUSTLE,but I seen STREET DREAMS deferred..."
Just mashing the 2 together.

Just thought I'd add this. I'm a big fan of both since day one. But Ether > takeover. Always has been, always will be.

[h1]The Genesis of Beef: Nas vs Jay-Z[/h1]
by Thomas on March 13, 2009 · 130 comments

nas-jay.jpg

Any one who has visited this site knows that I’m a huge fan of both Jay-Z and Nas. I’ve always wanted to put together the musical history of the tracks that may have started the beef. From what I’ve found neither Jay or Nas have ever discussed the beginnings of the beef or discussed the perceived shots at one another over the years.

I present my interpretation of the The Genesis of Beef. I referenced wiki for the song list and OHHLA for the lyrics. Major props go out to the homie Euqnichtims for the dope sketches!

Artist: Jay-Z
Song(s): “Dead Presidents

don't know if I'm stating the obvious but you guys know that hook are some biggie lines, right?

FROM PAGE 1
still not sure if you guys realize this or not.

Tone should've kept his *%+ of this track.

Back
Top Bottom