I know alot of cats love ETHER..but for me this is what brought home the W for Nas...

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by jthagreat

go line for line, jab for jab, reality of the whole matter. Jay wins. Im kiddin about all the lil "Nas Lost" comments cause well we all won gettin a great battle.

In all honesty, BP2 absolutely dissected and destroyed Nas' whole career and creditbility in my eyes.

Name 2 hot or "artistic" lines in Ether.

"Is he Dame Diddy, Dame Daddy or Dame Dummy, oh I get it, you Biggie and he's Puffy". That's not artistic? Both BK artists that worked with Harlem cats to get on. Plus the BIG line. And there are many more.

Your whole train of thought has gone from laughable, to, quite frankly, frightening. I've never seen a person so BLINDED by their love for another person they have no genuine attachment to.

I couldn't have said it better.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

How many BET awards NaS got?

Ill wait......

Does that matter??
eyes.gif

I mean I doubt the guys that pick these award winners are even willing to aknowledge the messages that NaS puts into his music...

But Untitled WAS nominated for a Grammy... I thought that was pretty cool... Considering the message of the album, and the history of TheGrammy's with urban artist...

** shrugs **

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by 214

If nothing else, I always found the line "With your hands out for my money, man, how much can I take?" funny as hell given that nobdy and I mean nobody would think Nas was seeing Jay from a money standpoint around this timeframe.
You misunderstood the line so i'll help u out......

Nas was MIA for a while when "The Takeover" hit the stations due to his mom being in the hospital bed suffering from cancer i believe. He stated this in "Last Real N Alive" and he took the disses as trying to "assassinate his character"........

let me dumb it down.........

if u assassinate dude's character.........he doesn't have a way of makin money.....thus takin away his livelihood........

"hands out for my money, man how much can I take?"

On a side note......

He also said in an interview (can't remember if it was in a magazine i forgot) that when he was taking care of his mom, everybody was blowin up his phone about the takeover hittin the street.

"Heard it when i was sleep,
that this _y-Z and _afella records wanted beef"

....im done, proceed

Do you actually believe that explanation you gave?? If so..........
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

To me the best line in ether was "Queensbridge run yall n's ask Russell Simmons."

If that's the case, then doens't the line then come back and hurt Nas later on when he signs to Def Jam under Jay??

Whether or not you choose to believe the interpretation of that line is irrelevant. Listen to the song again and dont skim through it.........it is what it is.

Im not gonna sit here and argue cuz all i wanted to do was contribute the correct interpretation of a few lines. I enjoy both of these artists' catalog andam not biased towards either one.

Although I still find it funny that when someone responds to another poster's allegation intellectually, they still find a way to bring up ridiculousallegations that have nothing to do with the debate........

i.e. ..............

"how many BET awards has nas won?"
eek.gif
roll.gif

this guy can't be serious...............since when has the BET awards been a credible source?

didnt gucci win alot of BET awards this year?
grin.gif

laugh.gif
@ this last page.
Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Well I must be in the minority for preferring quality over quantity (not to mention the quantity is also there but ehhhh). When it comes to quality music there really should not be any arguement as to who's discography/career has taken the better course.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

I don't see much NaS Stannery around these parts...
Then I sugguest you look around a bit more.

I've seen Jay Stans go to the extent of denying Irv Gotti's genuis in getting Jay to Def Jam...
Can I get some names??
eek.gif

DueceKing p/k/a Memphis Bleek
&
jthagreat a/k/a/ jthaSTAN p/k/a Ty Ty Beyonce

Once again Nay Nimbley, the only thing worse than being wrong is being loud and wrong, which you are right now. The conversationat the time was regarding who benefited more in the situation of Irv Gotti bringing Jay to Def Jam or 50 being brought to Shady/Aftermath by Eminem. I stated50 for various reasons, but either way given that information please describe to me how I'm "denying Irv Gotti's genuis in getting Jay to DefJam" with that statement.

Whether or not you choose to believe the interpretation of that line is irrelevant

Either way that line made no sense coming from Nas back then and it makes no sense being described by you today. I like the effort you gave though.

laugh.gif
^ Yeah i think dude was jokin with the BET awards thing...he had to beor he would have said a real award

HARLEM u make good points concerning ppl getting there STAN on, but you should also address ppl that outright hate Jay-Z....i wont say no names but ive seencats put this man down for DMX,50 Cent and act like he shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath as Nas

I have no problem seperating the two with Illmatic, if the public goes by that than fine...NAS is the better artist, if not and they go off entire body ofwork...I feel like the other guy is fine to place that title on

Far as this battle goes which was 8 years ago...if the clearest point of the battle can be identified, on what the actual W signified...cool. If it was justthe callers that called up the radio station and said Nas won and that was then end of the battle cool....but if its on sum "NaS had the crown placed ontop of his head and has been sitting in a throne ever since"....I cant agree with that

Im callin it like I see it as well

ohhh and on the Quality over Quantity tip I feel the same way...I wont argue over musical taste tho

Originally Posted by GTEK

One of the sickest choruses ever written.
smh.gif

I was Scarface, Jay was Manolo/
It hurt me when I had to kill him and his whole squad for dolo

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just the whole persepctive he took while going at this track
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Sidenote: Browz need to get back on his s_.

I swear yall hype up stuff�so much.. One of the best�hooks ever written?�
indifferent.gif
�Nas as WAY more dope s_ than this.�
��

I've seen Jay Stans go to the extent of denying Irv Gotti's genuis in getting Jay to Def Jam...
Can I get some names??
eek.gif

&

Once again Nay Nimbley, the only thing worse than being wrong is being loud and wrong, which you are right now. The conversation at the time was regarding who benefited more in the situation of Irv Gotti bringing Jay to Def Jam or 50 being brought to Shady/Aftermath by Eminem. I stated 50 for various reasons, but either way given that information please describe to me how I'm "denying Irv Gotti's genuis in getting Jay to Def Jam" with that statement.

Ok... Lets take a trip back into time... Say 3 weeks ago...

No but at this timeframe in question for 50 Interscope>Def Jam.
indifferent.gif
... I wonder who typed that

For all intense purposes in his role with Jay Z at the time, Irv Gotti would be considered a lobbyist. Irv Gotti isn't/aint as well known as Em or Dre. Now do you want to sit up here and tell me otherwise.
indifferent.gif
... I wonder who typed that

Harlem On The Rise wrote:
I'm still waitin for you to explain how "Interscope > Def Jam" @ that particular time... I wanna hear this one, champ...

The floor is your's Bleek...

Can I get some names??
eek.gif

&

Once again Nay Nimbley, the only thing worse than being wrong is being loud and wrong, which you are right now. The conversation at the time was regarding who benefited more in the situation of Irv Gotti bringing Jay to Def Jam or 50 being brought to Shady/Aftermath by Eminem. I stated 50 for various reasons, but either way given that information please describe to me how I'm "denying Irv Gotti's genuis in getting Jay to Def Jam" with that statement.

Whether or not you choose to believe the interpretation of that line is irrelevant

Either way that line made no sense coming from Nas back then and it makes no sense being described by you today. I like the effort you gave though.

Makes perfect sense Bleek..................

in order for jay to be the top dog, jay would have to dismantle nas' credibilty 100%............

if he did that, then of course nas doesnt have a career, thus having no money, thus the spoken line that we are debating.

im not gonna reply regarding this single line after this........if u decide to turn the blind eye then *shrugs*

its all good tho

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

laugh.gif
^ Yeah i think dude was jokin with the BET awards thing...he had to be or he would have said a real award

HARLEM u make good points concerning ppl getting there STAN on, but you should also address ppl that outright hate Jay-Z....i wont say no names but ive seen cats put this man down for DMX,50 Cent and act like he shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath as Nas

I have no problem seperating the two with Illmatic, if the public goes by that than fine...NAS is the better artist, if not and they go off entire body of work...I feel like the other guy is fine to place that title on

Far as this battle goes which was 8 years ago...if the clearest point of the battle can be identified, on what the actual W signified...cool. If it was just the callers that called up the radio station and said Nas won and that was then end of the battle cool....but if its on sum "NaS had the crown placed on top of his head and has been sitting in a throne ever since"....I cant agree with that

Im callin it like I see it as well

ohhh and on the Quality over Quantity tip I feel the same way...I wont argue over musical taste tho
1)We naming names in this thread. I mean I'd rather see these ppl defend their stanhood or hatred than ppl just assume.
2)You keep talking like there's gonna be some worldwide vote on who is the better artist
laugh.gif
We all just sharing opinions.
3)Who's been saying that quote you just said that you can't agree with. I'm having a hard time finding NaS stans in this thread that would say thator have.

^The same guys, Harlem and i forgot the dudes I called his lil goons from the other Jay thread but they stay on the same tip

The thread titled JAY-Z KING OF HIP-HOP n the one with 50/beans n whateva the one bout X past his 3rd or 4th album....these dudes said NAS is the KING OF HIPHOP...nas can be ur dude all day long and ur top MC but King of Hip Hop...IMMA share my opinion against that

I know we all just sharing opinions...but dudes act like they word gold and think its unheard of to disagree over something strictly one sided

Edit: and then line about the crown thing....is the vibe im getting from people in here sayin Nas won...thats what they are acting like...to me

Irv Gotti would be considered a lobbyist. Irv Gotti isn't/aint as well known as Em or Dre. Now do you want to sit up here and tell me otherwise.

Actually that would be considered a true statement by most. Irv. was an A/R, maybe you didn't care for the word "lobbyist" but it is what it is,he was not an exec. at the time. Also, it's safe to say that Em and Dre. are more popular, or more well-known than Irv. Any disagreements??

in order for jay to be the top dog, jay would have to dismantle nas' credibilty 100%............
As rich as Jay was at the time, for Nas to even assume Jay was somehow after his little bit of coins/chump change at the time is funny tome.......hence "with your hands out for my money" as in asking for, borrowing or in need of
laugh.gif
. If you believe in what you just typed then go ahead, more power to you.

I'm still waitin for you to explain how "Interscope > Def Jam" @ that particular time...
What happened to the Source magazine again and more importantly who did it to them??

^The same guys, Harlem and i forgot the dudes I called his lil goons from the other Jay thread but they stay on the same tip

The thread titled JAY-Z KING OF HIP-HOP n the one with 50/beans n whateva the one bout X past his 3rd or 4th album....these dudes said NAS is the KING OF HIP HOP...nas can be ur dude all day long and ur top MC but King of Hip Hop...IMMA share my opinion against that

I know we all just sharing opinions...but dudes act like they word gold and think its unheard of to disagree over something strictly one sided
I think they meant GOAT. That Jay thread was the one where dude quoted something from some other forum and the criteria for dude saying that wasbased off Jay's career no? The X thread from what I recall dealed with him running shhh with his first 2 classic albums and the continuance with the 3rd.After that he fell off. The 50 n Beans thread aint involve much about Nas but as far as the same ppl it's really what you define as hate. a lot of pplcan't see both sides of the argument and objectively state an opinion on who they agree with or who they think is right.

Irv Gotti would be considered a lobbyist. Irv Gotti isn't/aint as well known as Em or Dre. Now do you want to sit up here and tell me otherwise.

Actually that would be considered a true statement by most. Irv. was an A/R, maybe you didn't care for the word "lobbyist" but it is what it is, he was not an exec. at the time. Also, it's safe to say that Em and Dre. are more popular, or more well-known than Irv. Any disagreements??

As rich as Jay was at the time, for Nas to even assume Jay was somehow after his little bit of coins/chump change at the time is funny to me.......hence "with your hands out for my money" as in asking for, borrowing or in need of
laugh.gif
. If you believe in what you just typed then go ahead, more power to you.

I'm still waitin for you to explain how "Interscope > Def Jam" @ that particular time...
What happened to the Source magazine again and more importantly who did it to them??
YOU:

Irv Gotti isn't/aint as well known as Em or Dre. Now do you want to sit up here and tell me otherwise.
ME:
Well known?? Do you mean he isnt as "famous" or recognizable?? Well of course not, are we talking about fame tho?? When it comes to doing his job behind a desk @ a record label he is one of the MOST respected in Hip Hop/R&B to this day... His track record more than speaks for itself... If you wanna down play his role in resurrecting Def Jam then you're beyond a fool (which has been concluded long ago)...

Irv was the one throwing his weight around havin 50 black balled for a good amount of time... & he's one of Lyor Cohen's guys... Now both Dre and Em are more recognizable (famous) than Lyor too, but are you willing to tell me they are more powerful??

Small portion of his bio... This line just caught my eye
By this point, (2000-02) Gotti had risen to Dr. Dre-like proportions in the rap industry. He was more than a producer; he was a hitmaker, and for a while, he made headlines regularly.
Irv Gotti Bio

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Duece King always want to change history to support his ******ed arguments...

I'm still waitin for you to explain how "Interscope > Def Jam" @ that particular time... I wanna hear this one, champ...
I love how Irv Gotti is so unpopular and unknown within the industry that he has to be compared to 2 people to prove your point
eyes.gif

Fam what YOU need to understand is, I don't suck %!++... I'm not a *+*#+*... I will NEVER make an apology for that... Idon't condone another man sucking another man's %!++... If thats what someone chooses to do, its their right... I just don't agree with that sortof lifestyle... If that makes me a bad guy, then I'll wear that title with pride...

Of course lil internet personalities is goin get mad @ me... I keep it 100% FUNKY... & like most things, when people hear the truth ithurts them...

is it oochi wally wally or is it one mic?
is black girl lost or shorty owe you for ice?
i been real all my life
they confuse it with conceit
since i will not lose, they try and help him cheat....

Originally Posted by 214

Originally Posted by 214

If nothing else, I always found the line "With your hands out for my money, man, how much can I take?" funny as hell given that nobdy and I mean nobody would think Nas was seeing Jay from a money standpoint around this timeframe.
You misunderstood the line so i'll help u out......

Nas was MIA for a while when "The Takeover" hit the stations due to his mom being in the hospital bed suffering from cancer i believe. He stated this in "Last Real N Alive" and he took the disses as trying to "assassinate his character"........

let me dumb it down.........

if u assassinate dude's character.........he doesn't have a way of makin money.....thus takin away his livelihood........

"hands out for my money, man how much can I take?"

On a side note......

He also said in an interview (can't remember if it was in a magazine i forgot) that when he was taking care of his mom, everybody was blowin up his phone about the takeover hittin the street.

"Heard it when i was sleep,
that this _y-Z and _afella records wanted beef"

....im done, proceed

Do you actually believe that explanation you gave?? If so..........
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

To me the best line in ether was "Queensbridge run yall n's ask Russell Simmons."

If that's the case, then doens't the line then come back and hurt Nas later on when he signs to Def Jam under Jay??

Whether or not you choose to believe the interpretation of that line is irrelevant. Listen to the song again and dont skim through it.........it is what it is.

Im not gonna sit here and argue cuz all i wanted to do was contribute the correct interpretation of a few lines. I enjoy both of these artists' catalog and am not biased towards either one.

Although I still find it funny that when someone responds to another poster's allegation intellectually, they still find a way to bring up ridiculous allegations that have nothing to do with the debate........

i.e. ..............

"how many BET awards has nas won?"
eek.gif
roll.gif

this guy can't be serious...............since when has the BET awards been a credible source?

didnt gucci win alot of BET awards this year?
grin.gif

I wasnt
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

The thread titled JAY-Z KING OF HIP-HOP n the one with 50/beans n whateva the one bout X past his 3rd or 4th album....these dudes said NAS is the KING OF HIP HOP...nas can be ur dude all day long and ur top MC but King of Hip Hop...IMMA share my opinion against that

I think they meant GOAT. That Jay thread was the one where dude quoted something from some other forum and the criteria for dude saying that was based off Jay's career no? The X thread from what I recall dealed with him running shhh with his first 2 classic albums and the continuance with the 3rd. After that he fell off. The 50 n Beans thread aint involve much about Nas but as far as the same ppl it's really what you define as hate. a lot of ppl can't see both sides of the argument and objectively state an opinion on who they agree with or who they think is right.

I think u recalling erything correct...but
1) King of Hip Hop thread was what it was not a GOAT thread, i didnt see the post from who ever sayin that the criteria was based of Jay's career...didsome one come in and say what it should truly be based on?....I wont take nothing away from nobody arguing over who is GOAT cuz its strictly opinion...but Kingof Hip-Hop i thought was more flexible

2) I agree alot of ppl cant see both sides of the argument and objectively state an opinion

Whoa Whoa Whoa... Who's sucking penis???

What did I miss?

thats what im sayin...Harlem...what u feelin played bout dude?

Fam what YOU need to understand is, I don't suck %!++...
I keep it 100% FUNKY...
& Lastly that Jay Z King Of Hip Hop was COMPLETE +%+#$@!+... It was some #@+* sucker, simular to the characters we see on NT,voicing a bias opinion.

Whoa Whoa Whoa... Who's sucking penis???

What did I miss?

thats what im sayin...Harlem...what u feelin played bout dude?

Fam what YOU need to understand is, I don't suck %!++...
I keep it 100% FUNKY...
& Lastly that Jay Z King Of Hip Hop was COMPLETE *$*+%$$#... It was some %+*+ sucker, simular to the characters we see on NT, voicing a bias opinion. If ANYthing He's on the council
roll.gif

you got a gripe wit Hov...thats cool fam, but who's tellin u to drop to ya knees n serve up Hov?!?....

i wont even consider u talkin about me and Ill give u the benefit of the doubt that u just had a moment and got carried away homie

my man u flipped out sumtin serious didnt you
laugh.gif
....fall back myN'...."breathe easy"

Back
Top Bottom