I know alot of cats love ETHER..but for me this is what brought home the W for Nas...

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

laugh.gif
^ Yeah i think dude was jokin with the BET awards thing...he had to be or he would have said a real award

HARLEM u make good points concerning ppl getting there STAN on, but you should also address ppl that outright hate Jay-Z....i wont say no names but ive seen cats put this man down for DMX,50 Cent and act like he shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath as Nas

I have no problem seperating the two with Illmatic, if the public goes by that than fine...NAS is the better artist, if not and they go off entire body of work...I feel like the other guy is fine to place that title on

Far as this battle goes which was 8 years ago...if the clearest point of the battle can be identified, on what the actual W signified...cool. If it was just the callers that called up the radio station and said Nas won and that was then end of the battle cool....but if its on sum "NaS had the crown placed on top of his head and has been sitting in a throne ever since"....I cant agree with that

Im callin it like I see it as well

ohhh and on the Quality over Quantity tip I feel the same way...I wont argue over musical taste tho
1)We naming names in this thread. I mean I'd rather see these ppl defend their stanhood or hatred than ppl just assume.

Eggzackly.

This @#%% is getting sad.

I know MOST people won't believe me when I say this but:
I have NOTHING in the world against Jay Z... Well not too much atleast
He's one of my FAV MCs/rappers/ & Overall muscian

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I have[/color] NOTHING [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]in the world against Jay Z... Well not too much atleast[/color]
212toya.gif

Honstly we all know who won the "battle".

We all know who the "King of Hip Hop" is

Everbody has their own opinion as to who the GOAT is & rightfully so.

ALL THIS IS LULZ AT THE END OF THE DAY BUT

indifferent.gif
at those who choose to quote replies & possibly get others banned etc

indifferent.gif
at those who name call & are disrespectful in discussions about "rapper we don't care about"

We got to do better ppl smh

"My case was on appeal and I took a chance when I did the interview with Don Divas for Jay , Nas ruined him and his credibility was shot , he had none," Klein said. " He was startled himself by the way Nas exposed him they way he did. Jay's confidence level was zero , his confidence level was a wrap. He realized how strong I was from the inside and he cant be serious enough to not realize how strong I am out here?"

" Ether held so much truth it was ridiculous. I was like how Nas could get so much information on him like that ," Klein continued. "I made the phone call to DJ Clark Kent and he said , 'Yo, if he never needed you before he needs s you know . I reached out to Kevin Childs and Don Diva and did the interview. I said words that gave Jay a little credibility but once he got that back ….he got worse. How can you ignore Jaz-O? Jaz-O is originator of your heart , he opened up every door you can think off and provided every opportunity you can imagine."

Thats Calvin Klein, a longtime friend of Jay Z... He was a REAL hustler from BK, Jay Z ran with him... They caught a casetogeather, Klein took the rap...

As refrenced in "Allure"
I never felt more alive then ridin shotgun
In Kleins green 5 until the cops pulled guns
So here we have someone who knows Jay Z VERY well... (Even better than DueceKing p/k/a Memphis Bleek & jthagreat p/k/a Beyonce) confirming that the majority of the %+#% NaS wassayin on Ether was in fact true, and hurt Jay's credibility to the point where he was doin damage control...

Originally Posted by GTEK

Don't know much about em but there used to be a cat around Jay's way named Rocafella who apparently died during the aids epidemic...

"Rocafella had the crown on the block/Him and Cinc gettin bent/I was 10 lookin at them intrigued"

- Jaz O "The love is gone"

Most of the things mentioned in Ether Nas picked up from Jaz.

I don't know if that was true but sounds plausible and if it is true, it should change the whole Jaz vs. Jay story for a lot of people

Essential1 wrote:
I don't know if that was true but sounds plausible and if it is true, it should change the whole Jaz vs. Jay story for a lot of people

Why so?

I have NOTHING in the world against Jay Z... Well not too much atleast

indifferent.gif

Essential1 wrote:
Why so?

Because a lot of people side with Jaz... Jaz went out of his way, to leak info on his "apprentice" to his enemy at the time. That is disloyal to the100th degree. You got a problem with someone you close to you handle it yourself, you don't give info on him to his enemy.
\
That's a $%!+% move and shows Jaz's character and why he was left on the curb.

Essential1 wrote:

Essential1 wrote:
Why so?

Because a lot of people side with Jaz... Jaz went out of his way, to leak info on his "apprentice" to his enemy at the time. That is disloyal to the 100th degree. You got a problem with someone you close to you handle it yourself, you don't give info on him to his enemy.
\

I highly disagree.
The loyalty in that relationship was deaded long ago.
Nas just had his ear to the street and Jay's reputation
just came back and bit him the @## on that one.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Essential1 wrote:
Why so?

Because a lot of people side with Jaz... Jaz went out of his way, to leak info on his "apprentice" to his enemy at the time. That is disloyal to the 100th degree. You got a problem with someone you close to you handle it yourself, you don't give info on him to his enemy.
\

So wait... You're tyring to say Jaz O was disloyal to Jay Z??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've heard it all...

No Jaz O... No Jay Z... There's NO way around that.

Essential1 wrote:
Why so?

\

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've heard it all...

Not only did Jay give him a chance for a deal... He put him on a HIT single... Because he is his mentor he is supposed to give him a higherposition? No because Jaz is not a marketable artist, where as Jay is. Was he supposed to make Jaz CEO of Roc-a-fella? No because obviously Jaz didn't havethe business mind for it.

Did Jay offer him a deal? Yes.... Did anyone else, anyone offer Jaz a deal? NO, because he was not an artist that was going to do big things.

I agree no Jaz, no Jay but doesn't mean Jay has to play under him for life when he had more potential.

Essential1 wrote:
Why so?

\

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've heard it all...

Not only did Jay give him a chance for a deal... He put him on a HIT single... Because he is his mentor he is supposed to give him a higher position? No because Jaz is not a marketable artist, where as Jay is. Was he supposed to make Jaz CEO of Roc-a-fella? No because obviously Jaz didn't have the business mind for it.

Did Jay offer him a deal? Yes.... Did anyone else, anyone offer Jaz a deal? NO, because he was not an artist that was going to do big things.

I agree no Jaz, no Jay but doesn't mean Jay has to play under him for life when he had more potential.

Jaz O is the one who MADE Jay marketable... Who do you think sat behind the MPC to make the beat for "Ain't No N"?? He took itto Clark Kent and few other producers and they wasn't tryin reloop the joint, or even put the track togeather @ all... Then through Jay being tight wthClark, thats how Fox got on the joint cause thats his lil cousin... Fox was on IDJ, Irv Gotti was A&R... You know the rest... But without that record, Jaywould be somewhere ironing one of Big Daddy Kane's zoot suits for one of his reunion tour dates...

Jaz didn't sign a deal with the Roc because the offer he felt wasn't up to par... He chose to go his seperate way, but they remained coo, until Jayplayed him around 2000 or 01... He wasn't willing to compromise and be disrespected by the amount Jay was offering, I can't be mad @ that, he's aman that can stand on his own 2... All the help he offered to Jay for the previous 10 years meant nothing to Jay when it came time to cut the check... Why goon and do further business with someone like that... +%!$ the money, you gotta be a man @ the end of the day and look yourself in the mirror...

This Jay-Z "Hova"god who can do no wrong image is just going to far.
smh.gif

Cats are expecting people to stay humble and loyal to Jay
when he is basically s_ on em.
smh.gif

I guess Hov works in mysterious ways.
laugh.gif

Essential1 wrote:
Why so?

\

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've heard it all...

Not only did Jay give him a chance for a deal... He put him on a HIT single... Because he is his mentor he is supposed to give him a higher position? No because Jaz is not a marketable artist, where as Jay is. Was he supposed to make Jaz CEO of Roc-a-fella? No because obviously Jaz didn't have the business mind for it.

Jaz O is the one who MADE Jay marketable...

Why go on and do further business with someone like that... +%!$ the money, you gotta be a man @ the end of the day and look yourself in the mirror...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............
nerd.gif

beanie.jpg

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Jaz-O Reminds World Where Jay-Z Got His Blueprint[/h1] [h2]After tallying a string of modest hits in the late 1980s and early '90s and helping Jay-Z establish himself as a hip-hop force, Jaz-O felt disenchanted with the music industry. Yet the industry has love for the Brooklyn rapper/producer, as evidenced by the reception his new album, Jaz-O & The Immobilarie Family Present Kingz Kounty, is getting.[/h2]

Jaz-O also extended a hand to Jay-Z early in his career. Then known as The Jaz, Jaz-O featured Jay-Z on his first two albums, including the singles "Hawaiian Sophie" and "The Originators." When Jay-Z emerged with Roc-A-Fella in the mid-'90s, Jaz-O was then known as Big Jaz and produced early Jigga hits such as "Ain't No N---a."

After a few years, the two drifted apart. When Jaz-O was preparing for what would be Kingz Kounty, Jay-Z delivered only one verse, for the single "Let's Go!" Jaz-O is more disappointed than bitter about the lack of involvement from his former protégé.

"Everything that I did for him as far as his career was concerned, I did all of those things to be an agreeable person," Jaz-O said. "The feeling just wasn't reciprocated in the way that I understood it. I feel that there is a code to friendship, and I never thought that we would do things together in the business as business. I thought it was all personal, that we were on the same page. Obviously we weren't. I really found that out when I tried to get back in the game."

laugh.gif
I know who jaz O is You said Jaz O was unloyal to Jay was laughable because Jaz O put Jay on and gave him a blueprint ...............Now we know Jay putBeans on not on the same level as Jaz ushering Jay but Jay had a part in Beans career agree? So No Jay Z No Beans right? Because that was your rebuttal to jazO giving away "secrets" to Nas. Now how is that any different from what Jay and Beans did. Jay did Beans dirty but how is he considered unloyal sincehe put Beans on? You also go on to say that Jaz O declined Jay's offer because he decided he was worth more and he didnt need Jay......."you gotta bea man @ the end of the day and look yourself in the mirror..." <-------Why cant Beans be a man and stop looking for a pimp he acting like a lost childhopping from Jay & Dame to Jay to 50.

Back
Top Bottom