I know alot of cats love ETHER..but for me this is what brought home the W for Nas...

Originally Posted by philly5fan

I cant stand ether by far the most overrated diss track ever.. this track is dope though... But id say takeover>>>> all of them..... Facts>>> lines about being gay
You do know Hov was lying in Takeover too right....? Like that line about him showing Nas his first tech and so on...

Originally Posted by GTEK

Illuztrious wrote:

GTEK wrote:

EastCoastPapi wrote:

I listen to ether now and dont feel it really. cuz im older and smarter and realized he said a lot of false stuff.

When somebodys lieing to u no matter what there saying it just turns whack.

"Rockerfeller died of aids and thats who you named ya company after?"

What Rockerfeller you think he's talking about?

John_D._Rockefeller_1885.jpg

Naw he wasn't referring to John D.
though that's what most people think.

Don't know much about em but there used to be a cat around Jay's way named Rocafella who apparently died during the aids epidemic...

"Rocafella had the crown on the block/Him and Cinc gettin bent/I was 10 lookin at them intrigued"

- Jaz O "The love is gone"

Most of the things mentioned in Ether Nas picked up from Jaz.

Oh snap.....

Originally Posted by GTEK

Illuztrious wrote:
GTEK wrote:
EastCoastPapi wrote:

I listen to ether now and dont feel it really. cuz im older and smarter and realized he said a lot of false stuff.

When somebodys lieing to u no matter what there saying it just turns whack.

"Rockerfeller died of aids and thats who you named ya company after?"

What Rockerfeller you think he's talking about?

John_D._Rockefeller_1885.jpg

Naw he wasn't referring to John D.
though that's what most people think.

Don't know much about em but there used to be a cat around Jay's way named Rocafella who apparently died during the aids epidemic...

"Rocafella had the crown on the block/Him and Cinc gettin bent/I was 10 lookin at them intrigued"

- Jaz O "The love is gone"

Most of the things mentioned in Ether Nas picked up from Jaz.

I'm almost certain that Nas did a radio interview I heard that he mentioned that he was referring to Rock Hudson with the "Rocafella died ofAids" line.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

What are the so called "lies" that NaS told on "Ether"??, I always hear cats say that on here... (Mostly Jay Z fans)

So you're gonna sit here and say NaS didn't lie at all? Whole song was foolishness.... I don't wanna thread jack, but to believe there wasn'tany is ludicrous.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

What are the so called "lies" that NaS told on "Ether"??, I always hear cats say that on here... (Mostly Jay Z fans)

So you're gonna sit here and say NaS didn't lie at all? Whole song was foolishness.... I don't wanna thread jack, but to believe there wasn't any is ludicrous.
ether was very disrespectful but not accurate

Where did I say he "didn't"??

I just wanna know what "lies" he told... I always see Jay fans say that... And I always wonder if he told so many "lies" why did the songhave such an effect of Jay...

** shrugs **

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I feel you, Ether is Ether though. Ether is the 12th round KO, LRNA is the classic post fight interview.

Whole album was on that super personal tip.
LRNA>>>>>>Ether

ether is overrated
just like i think BP2>>>Takeover but hey...history will always say otherwise
yessir i always said bp2 was better than takeover but then the politics come in
smh.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

So you're gonna sit here and say NaS didn't lie at all? Whole song was foolishness.... I don't wanna thread jack, but to believe there wasn't any is ludicrous.

I'm sorry but I just read through the lyrics and the only thing that I saw that may have been debateable is whether or not someone else stabbed Un. Because other than that everything else he stated was collaborated by people from Jay's past years and years afterwards. From the fact that he wasn'treally in the streets as he portrayed himself to be with Ki's and Pies and whatnot to the fact that he was calling him consistently for a feature onReasonable... So I'm not really sure where the whole its full of lies comes from, besides the fact that Jay said "Kick ya little lies I kick my truefacts" and people just aligning themselves with him.

If y'all actually listened to the song majority of it is about how mogs expect him to just roll over and accept the L. The entire 1st verse minus a lineand half of the 2nd verse.

I'm sorry but looking objectively at this situation I don't see these "Lies" that people always speak about, I also feel as though he got abum rap for that Super Ugly, mogs honored it when Esco was calling him all types of fa.gs and whatnot but when he mentions his BM (which was lame and totallyunrelated since they hadn't been together and Nas had moved on by then
eyes.gif
) he's the low down foul one. The 1st part of that record was cold as hell regardless tho.

By my account Jay lost when he started whinning and complaining about people giving that round to Nas with that weak +%# "woe is me" on BP2.

Where did I say he "didn't"??

I just wanna know what "lies" he told... I always see Jay fans say that... And I always wonder if he told so many "lies" why did the song have such an effect of Jay...

** shrugs **

i dont know how big of an effect it had on him...but back then I didnt really lean more torward either one of them...
but when Nas replied with Ether I thought it was kinda over the top and just going for playground laughs..."Stick suckin lips"...
i mean cmon, i know it wasnt no rules...but if we set it up to go to battle like this ya know along so n so lines...
who wouldnt flip out if sumbody came at them like that

if he would have went a diff route...i dont think many ppl(Jay Fans) would down play Ether

talkin about Jay looks took up more time on the song then it should have been...not sayin it was the main theme of Ether but he cuda stated more facts aboutdude career and y he felt he was trash

LRNA was more fitting imo

Foxy did not make him hot (HKL did)

He was getting chased to his building (show proof)

Wearing Jaz chains? (I could believe that but still)

I rock #%$* y'all rock fellas (Beyonce<>.)

Ether was just a roast session, @ the end of the day from the day Ether dropped til today who's career has been better? Waits for it, waits for it...

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Ether was just a roast session, @ the end of the day from the day Ether dropped til today who's career has been better? Waits for it, waits for it...

indifferent.gif

It was hypocritical all the way around. I rather not get into it right now but if this post is still on the 1st page later I'll get back to it.

Alright lets see here... I'm just going to play devils advocate for a little while.

His 1st hit "Aint No _" featured Foxy and more people were impressed by her than they were him, thus the song got more play because of her than himthus increasing his spins which allowed him to continue to put music out due to the numbers that record did. So in a sense she did get him hot. FACT.

Like he showed proof of showing Nas his 1st Tech right?

You already said you can believe it so I'll leave this one alone

You do know widely accepted that Esco turned down $$#**@$ with Beyonce a while back right??? When they were both on Columbia, around the time or that"Owe You Something", that even her pops approached him on her behalf... I'm just saying. However I'm not concerned with who either of thesemen are piping as I don't think any other dude should be. It was a slick play on words nonetheless.

How do you quantify a better career.. I mean if we're talking musically its a wash, considering that both of these artist have outlasted 98% of their peersinterms of relevance as well as being icons within the game. If you're talking about wealth, then I believe you're off track considering that allthose hundreds of millions of dollars Jay has didn't come from music, it came from his side ventures. Also we'll never know how much money Nas hasbecause he's never been about flaunting his wealth. But considering the fact that the judge slapped him with that unseemly !#@ amount in child supporteach month I would think its safe to say that he's definitely in a good space.

For the record I don't listen to either song, and haven't in quite some years even though I play Stillmatic pretty regularly, it just wasn't a goodmoment in hiphop for me personally considering that I am an avid follower of both of these artist musically.
ohwell.gif

If nothing else, I always found the line "With your hands out for my money, man, how much can I take?" funny as hell given that nobdy and I meannobody would think Nas was seeing Jay from a money standpoint around this timeframe.

Originally Posted by eight2one

yall seriously think Nas won???

Superugly>> Ether!

That +%!* was on a whole nother level of disrespect.

I don't understand how dudes can cheer on a song like "Hit Em Up" and then trash Superugly and play the "he went too far...he wasdesperate" card.

He told dude he left condoms on his baby seat
smh.gif

I'm not sure if he was talking about Jay or just people in general with that line, I could be wrong tho.

And once again we're about to start ANOTHER Jay/Nas thread with the SAME people and the SAME arguments.

smh.gif

BTW, Nas > Jay
tongue.gif

lol Is it black girl lost or shorty owe you for ice. Nas shiny suit that puff made him wear was the end for me and attempts at going commercial and it was afail
I thought that jaz wearing chains was a lie then jay admitted it in an interview in london when he said he borrowed jaz's piece to wear on a cover of asingle they had but it was just for that shoot

^^^ lol...in these threads N's cant be like I like both but I prefer one over the other...cuz sumbody gonna say I prefer one cuz the other one is trash...and then folks start getting defensive and stating "facts" and nothing changes...and ppl keep they same opinions

BTW Jay>Nas

Didn't know the ya dig on Nas turning down Beyonce (stupid move on his part)
Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

gone in 60 seconds wrote:
I am an avid follower of both of these artist musically.
ohwell.gif

Yea she was extremely bad at that time, no lie I was light wieght obsessed with her then
ohwell.gif

But we all have our personal preferences as you heard that stupid %#+ flunky Berg with his "dark butts" comment
smh.gif

Boom! Clark's baby cousin Inga Marchand, p/k/a "Foxy Brown" made some noise and started a bidding war between Def Jam, Bad Boy, Elektra and a bunch of other labels. On the strength, they snatched her yung %#+ up for what would end up being the monster single "Ain't No %%$$%". Damon played that single for me in his new offices, then located in the Wall Street area. %%$$% was doing that goofy "Dame dance" with the mock dice roll even then. That record was a monster!!! Inga single handedly, in my opinion, saved Jay-Z's career. Without her on that record, and Reasonable Doubt being Jay's last shot, the world at large might have never heard of Shawn Carter. (*$$%$! don't really put 2 and 2 together, realizing that Jay had been trying to get on since like 1987, '88, damn near close to 10 years before Reasonable Doubt!!!)
Theres no real proof that can be provided... But Jay Z didn't hustle in Brooklyn like that, he was in Trenton, NJ... How and why he ended upthere has never really been revealed to my knowledge...

6a010536846743970c0120a4f8f119970b-800wi

Maybe... Maybe not...

There's people who will say NaS > Jay Z ... And another group of "people" who will say Jay Z > NaS

But musically speaking, its prolly a matter of preference and overall inteligence

Back
Top Bottom