>>>I moved to a random city, whats next?

If anyone could please help with a job or some sort (nothing ayo) or point me in the right direction. I need to buy a cheap car in the $700 range and I am living w/ my uncle. But if anyone could plug me (pause), my NT bretheren let me know asap..

Backstory: life was falling to pieces in Seattle, needed to start over and start fresh, So i hopped the next thing smoking to cali, with only $700 and a Droid X (for sale by the way) and 2 bags of clothes. So im here not tryna mooch off my uncle and make moves out here, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated..

If anyone could please help with a job or some sort (nothing ayo) or point me in the right direction. I need to buy a cheap car in the $700 range and I am living w/ my uncle. But if anyone could plug me (pause), my NT bretheren let me know asap..

Backstory: life was falling to pieces in Seattle, needed to start over and start fresh, So i hopped the next thing smoking to cali, with only $700 and a Droid X (for sale by the way) and 2 bags of clothes. So im here not tryna mooch off my uncle and make moves out here, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated..

May I suggest a bus pass in the meantime?

Are you in L.A?   If so, you should go to auditions and work as an "extra" if you are currently unemployed.

May I suggest a bus pass in the meantime?

Are you in L.A?   If so, you should go to auditions and work as an "extra" if you are currently unemployed.

Originally Posted by TiZzlexiPhone

So im here not tryna mooch off my uncle and make moves out here, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated..

my only advice,

coookdatshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Originally Posted by TiZzlexiPhone

So im here not tryna mooch off my uncle and make moves out here, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated..

my only advice,

coookdatshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

What city.
Corona.

and L.A. and a buss pass, alright, ima get on that. Also extra, where do you look for that kinda stuff? i been searching for jobs on craigslist/backpage
and haven't found anything so far.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

What city.
Corona.

and L.A. and a buss pass, alright, ima get on that. Also extra, where do you look for that kinda stuff? i been searching for jobs on craigslist/backpage
and haven't found anything so far.

Find the nearest temp agency and give them your info.

Make some friends. Strike up small conversation with random strangers whenever possible, introduce yourself and explain that you're new to the area and was wondering what it has to offer.

Find some places to volunteer. Churches, youth centers, etc. Volunteering can lead to job offers. It's not a concrete method, but if you get offered a job (or someone suggests that you apply somewhere they have connections with,) you have a slim chance of not getting the position.

Depending on how much money you have and your living situation, look for a small duplex or something. Somewhere that has other people living there. Once you make it to that stage, start the cycle all over again by introducing yourself to the people surrounding you.

It's often who you know, not what you know.

Find the nearest temp agency and give them your info.

Make some friends. Strike up small conversation with random strangers whenever possible, introduce yourself and explain that you're new to the area and was wondering what it has to offer.

Find some places to volunteer. Churches, youth centers, etc. Volunteering can lead to job offers. It's not a concrete method, but if you get offered a job (or someone suggests that you apply somewhere they have connections with,) you have a slim chance of not getting the position.

Depending on how much money you have and your living situation, look for a small duplex or something. Somewhere that has other people living there. Once you make it to that stage, start the cycle all over again by introducing yourself to the people surrounding you.

It's often who you know, not what you know.

Form connections like popcornplaya said. You never know who has a job opening.

Don't buy a $700 car. I have no idea where you're going to find one that cheap, unless it's either salvage title or just a bad car. Save up and buy a reliable one so you don't have to waste money on repairs.

And finally, just spend smart. Don't eat out, but do walk around and get a feel for where everything is.

Form connections like popcornplaya said. You never know who has a job opening.

Don't buy a $700 car. I have no idea where you're going to find one that cheap, unless it's either salvage title or just a bad car. Save up and buy a reliable one so you don't have to waste money on repairs.

And finally, just spend smart. Don't eat out, but do walk around and get a feel for where everything is.

Back
Top Bottom