I need help from religious NTers

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

catholics are not christians, not to ruffle any feathers but the Roman Catholic Curch is the "%!%*@" in the book of Revelation and the feet of Miry Clay in Daniel.......and blah blah other stuff too but simply Said Catholics are not Christians no matter what they wanna say

roman catholics have way more claim to being "christian" then any other branch of christianity. christianity would have been dead centuries ago ifthe romans didn't adopt it and make it their official religion.

Chris is Walken,

I could really go into it and I will if you really wanna know, but you can hit me up in my inbox I have alot of thing you can read/watch, but simply the name "roman" infront of catholic should give you an idea.........the Roman Goverenment tryed to kill off all of the Christians!...........this was the merge Daniel talked about in King Nebakaneser's dream the feet of mixed Miry Clay and Iron that god will come to smite in his return........why do you think Papacy and the church have sooooo many Pagan symbols inside thier place of worship? and on things they wear? when you see "zeitgist" they take so many things from the Catholic Church and point it out as being part the Christian teaching and it's not true......... that was stolen from Eygpt when that isnt even the Chirstian church that's the Romans and thier teaching and that they merged it with the "catolic church" when they came together

wow you were all over the place with this post.

i would like to read/watch whatever you have to show me because your claims have absolutely no substance

saxman2112:
1. Jesus studied in the synagogues until age 12.
Right, but as an adult, what did He do? He was less about church and more about service. No? As a child, He was studying in synagogues, yes, butthat nothing like what we define as church today. If anything, it was more like what we call 'university studies'; synagogue back then wasn'tabout having a praise and worship time to start service and then a tithe portion of the service and then a scripture reading from a pastor guy and thenannouncements for the week. Synagogue back then was a gathering of the minds, focused on increasing their knowledge and search for truth and how to doGod's work in their community and individually. They studied and discussed, and this is what Jesus attended until He was of the age that He could go outand start doing the work of His Father... so that's what He started doing. But as He was doing it, there was no regular church attendance at any building,but there were frequent visits to people's homes for the purpose of (just like synagogue) discussing God's will and learning.
saxman2112:
2. People, for the most part, came to see him, i.e. Sermon on the Mount, feeding the 5000, and the like.
Absolutely, but it's not like He had this throne He sat at and people came to Him; quite the opposite. Sure, people came to Him, but He cameto people as well.
saxman2112:
3. If actually going to church wasn't important, why did Jesus go into the synagogue and start going WWE on the moneychangers' tables, talking 'bout some "you turned my Father's house into a den of thieves?"
I never said the church wasn't important; I'm merely taking away the huge importance that is currently placed on church attendance bychallenging people to look at the percentage of time Christ and the Disciples spent in church... and in service. And what percentage of time do currentChristians spend in church and in service? There is a huge, MONUMENTAL disparity.

Hey man what are you talking about!! a synogog 2000 years ago is the same as one today, ofcourse their were no churches because there was no Christianity.

Originally Posted by lunchroomclassic

catholics are not christians, not to ruffle any feathers but the Roman Catholic Curch is the "%!%*@" in the book of Revelation and the feet of Miry Clay in Daniel.......and blah blah other stuff too but simply Said Catholics are not Christians no matter what they wanna say

roman catholics have way more claim to being "christian" then any other branch of christianity. christianity would have been dead centuries ago if the romans didn't adopt it and make it their official religion.

How!? they "sold out" to the Romans and merged with thier pagan ways for 2 reason, 1 so they wouldnt get killed like the all the Apostles did and 2because the Romans benifited from the money the church would make and instead of having to deal with getting rid of them.........the Roman version of"Chistianity" is what you call Catholic today, look at all the pagan symbols they use, why do you think the Pope wears the Fish Miter hat?

Originally Posted by lunchroomclassic

roman catholics have way more claim to being "christian" then any other branch of christianity. christianity would have been dead centuries ago if the romans didn't adopt it and make it their official religion.

How!? they "sold out" to the Romans and merged with thier pagan ways for 2 reason, 1 so they wouldnt get killed like the all the Apostles did and 2 because the Romans benifited from the money the church would make and instead of having to deal with getting rid of them.........the Roman version of "Chistianity" is what you call Catholic today, look at all the pagan symbols they use, why do you think the Pope wears the Fish Miter hat?

constantine originally converted in order to bring stability and unify rome. benefited from the money the church would make? lol.

the miter itself is a symbol of the hierarchy of the Catholic Church. i could go more in detail about this, but you fail to do the same with your claims so...

ALSO, don't think i'm trying to knock you on your beliefs or forcing you to think otherwise. it seems like you have a good understanding of yourspiritual relationship with God and that's cool. but your claims came off as personal attacks against the church instead of trying to invoke knowledgeabout religion. which is why i stepped in

this is not an attack on anybody Im just telling you that the fish mitre is the symbol of the Pagan god Dagon that was the God of Babylon and Philistia and ismentioned several times in scripture in Judges 16:23, 1 Samuel 5:2-7, and 1 Chronicles 1:10.......You can believe it or not, they even wear the wrist bandsDagon did with the sun on them, not to mention all symbols on the outside of thier churches...........all kinds of pagan stuff, how are they Gods church ifthey use all kinds of pagan things?

And they did it to bring stabillity??? okay the world wide power at the time "needed stabillity" .......if you mean that in the sense that theywanted to make both sides happy then YES, but they made a deal with the devil on that one because rome took control of the catholic church and yes money! whodo you think the church pays taxes to??? why do you think the changed from an 8day week to a 7day day week?

Originally Posted by chickhien

please enlighten us with all the pagan symbols, i'm very curious

This is all I have on my notebook........I have tons at home

2d8359dce7b99fa66c2db34c78cb15b38816678.jpg
65e257ce6197e6b5be1764abd5763c84efd8fdd.jpg
473252ae269ef691bc176d6ca77e980cc96bff2.jpg
08815fe09864b0795a68815644dc21d250ac316.jpg
72b2512ec2978692b8078243ed937e35d04bda8.jpg

you can tell i know very little about pagan symbols. i'm sure if i looked them up on google, i'll find out a little more. but i do know this, becauseChristianity is one of the oldest religions, i'm not surprised to find pagan symbols present today. sidenote, onhollowed, have you ever attended a catholicmass or do you study catholicism from books and internet?

this is not an attack on anybody Im just telling you that the fish mitre is the symbol of the Pagan god Dagon that was the God of Babylon and Philistia and is mentioned several times in scripture in Judges 16:23, 1 Samuel 5:2-7, and 1 Chronicles 1:10.......You can believe it or not, they even wear the wrist bands Dagon did with the sun on them, not to mention all symbols on the outside of thier churches...........all kinds of pagan stuff, how are they Gods church if they use all kinds of pagan things?

And they did it to bring stabillity??? okay the world wide power at the time "needed stabillity" .......if you mean that in the sense that they wanted to make both sides happy then YES, but they made a deal with the devil on that one because rome took control of the catholic church and yes money! who do you think the church pays taxes to??? why do you think the changed from an 8day week to a 7day day week?

just because you point out a few scriptures that mention Dagon doesn't correlate it to the mitre.

the roman empire was the powerhouse, but they still needed a nurturing religion and stable morals. it was after all, falling apart.

anyway, i'm done arguing with you personally. we could go at this forever. i'll hit you up on your inbox and you can send me whatever link you have toback your claims

Originally Posted by chickhien

you can tell i know very little about pagan symbols. i'm sure if i looked them up on google, i'll find out a little more. but i do know this, because Christianity is one of the oldest religions, i'm not surprised to find pagan symbols present today. sidenote, onhollowed, have you ever attended a catholic mass or do you study catholicism from books and internet?
I study EVERY religion, how can I say what is true if I dont know what others believe?.........My mother was a Catholic for 25years and myGrandparents still till this day

What I posted are just a few of the Pagan symbols they adopted from Pagan Rome, how about the Egyptian Obelisk right in front of St. Peters? not to mentionit's in the center of a huge eight wheel of enlightenment or in front of St. John Lateran? blatant smh

Originally Posted by Matt53

Originally Posted by Wooly Willy

Originally Posted by Matt53

Originally Posted by Hugo

All i can say is do NOT go to a Mormon church, i went there for a month, i don't even remember reading the bible there just the Mormon book talking about Smith's adventure

come on man, there is no need to call Mormons out like that just because you had a bad experience, let dude make his own decision.

But people can call out Christians all day on here? get real man........nobody gets a get outta jail free card, shots get fired at everbody

I agree a 100%. When someone is looking at religions and honestly looking for guidance, you have to be willing to get into the dark parts. When I was on my search, I was talking to a Mormon guy and he was dropping knowledge about the religion on me. When asked him about the "Pearls of Great Price" and the plurality of gods, dude got real nervous and tried changing the subject. I knew there was something up if a follower is nervous about something in his own religion
This is gonna be my last post in this thread because no matter how much we discuss this, we aren't gonna get anywhere.

But in regards to ^^ the guy that was nervous, its probably more that its hard to bring things into perspective or explain these ideas to someone who isn't of our religion.

Take it however you want, PM me if you wanna talk about it more but i'm out

if you study your facts, the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints, is a Christian church... I'm LDS btw...

Back
Top Bottom