I never knew that......

That was awesome. I love seeing technological innovations from the past. Crazy how much work went into making those cartoons.

I feel like that has to do with the phototropism
Like, take the sun away and there's no need for the plant to reach its leaves/chlorophyll towards it. So it just kind of droops.
feel like that should've been observed way earlier if that's the case

Like, take the sun away and there's no need for the plant to reach its leaves/chlorophyll towards it. So it just kind of droops.
7th or 8th Century type observation

Last edited:

Yeah, like it's just such a basic thing. We just now got confirmation that plants droop at night? Did we fall asleep every other time we tried to find out or do they like get startled if a human is around
We dealing with a sudowoodo here? Need answers

It's spelled a lot. not alot.The American Heritage Book of English Usage states that “alot is still considered an error in print” but notes that standard words have formed by fusion of the article with a noun, such as another and awhile, and suggests the possibility that alot may, like them, eventually enter standard usage

Nah I knew that, but look no further than this board to see it spelled alot everywhere lol. #1 culprit is our very own ninjahood.

Last edited:

Yeah, like it's just such a basic thing. We just now got confirmation that plants droop at night? Did we fall asleep every other time we tried to find out or do they like get startled if a human is around
We dealing with a sudowoodo here? Need answers
Just gotta squirt the water bottle on that *****.

It's spelled a lot. not alot.The American Heritage Book of English Usage states that “alot is still considered an error in print” but notes that standard words have formed by fusion of the article with a noun, such as another and awhile, and suggests the possibility that alot may, like them, eventually enter standard usage

Always makes me think of this:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

But there is one grammatical mistake that I particularly enjoy encountering. It has become almost fun for me to come across people who take the phrase "a lot" and condense it down into one word, because when someone says "alot," this is what I imagine:

View media item 2038436
The Alot is an imaginary creature that I made up to help me deal with my compulsive need to correct other people's grammar. It kind of looks like a cross between a bear, a yak and a pug, and it has provided hours of entertainment for me in a situation where I'd normally be left feeling angry and disillusioned with the world.

For example, when I read the sentence "I care about this alot," this is what I imagine:

View media item 2038437
Similarly, when someone says "alot of _______", I picture an Alot made out of whatever they are talking about.

View media item 2038438
View media item 2038439
View media item 2038440
View media item 2038441
If someone says something like "I feel lonely alot" or "I'm angry alot," I'm going to imagine them standing there with an emo haircut, sharing their feelings with an Alot.

View media item 2038442
The Alot is incredibly versatile.

View media item 2038443
View media item 2038444
View media item 2038445
View media item 2038446
So the next time you are reading along and you see some guy ranting about how he is "alot better at swimming than Michael Phelps," instead of getting angry, you can be like "You're right! Alots are known for their superior swimming capabilities."

View media item 2038447

Always makes me think of this:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

But there is one grammatical mistake that I particularly enjoy encountering. It has become almost fun for me to come across people who take the phrase "a lot" and condense it down into one word, because when someone says "alot," this is what I imagine:

View media item 2038436
The Alot is an imaginary creature that I made up to help me deal with my compulsive need to correct other people's grammar. It kind of looks like a cross between a bear, a yak and a pug, and it has provided hours of entertainment for me in a situation where I'd normally be left feeling angry and disillusioned with the world.

For example, when I read the sentence "I care about this alot," this is what I imagine:

View media item 2038437
Similarly, when someone says "alot of _______", I picture an Alot made out of whatever they are talking about.

View media item 2038438
View media item 2038439
View media item 2038440
View media item 2038441
If someone says something like "I feel lonely alot" or "I'm angry alot," I'm going to imagine them standing there with an emo haircut, sharing their feelings with an Alot.

View media item 2038442
The Alot is incredibly versatile.

View media item 2038443
View media item 2038444
View media item 2038445
View media item 2038446
So the next time you are reading along and you see some guy ranting about how he is "alot better at swimming than Michael Phelps," instead of getting angry, you can be like "You're right! Alots are known for their superior swimming capabilities."

View media item 2038447

You ok fam, NT Cares

Back
Top Bottom