I never knew that......

The color purple has been associated with royalty, power and wealth for centuries. In fact, Queen Elizabeth I forbad anyone except close members of the royal family to wear it.

been a while since i told this story on here....oldie, but goodie...

when niketowns were being modeled/remodeled, they designed "shoe-tubes" to deliver shoes from the stockroom floor down to the sales floors

View media item 2296951
this design was based after the jetsons cartoon and their numerous transport tubes they had everywhere throughout the show

View media item 2296961
on the stockroom floor, the top of each shoe-tube had a "control box" with a few buttons where you can send and retrieve the platform to and from the various floors. in super-tiny print along one of the sides of every single box was the following...

Engineered by Spacely Sprockets

easter egg that only a few of us either knew about, or even understood

source: former niketown employee

Do they not have those tube delivery things anymore? The one in Portland had these. Weird. Very cool info though!!

Some places do, some don't. Costcos around my part still do the tube message thing but no where near shoebox size worthy. Kinda of an old school thing.

To add to the Vacuum thing. it reminded me of some thieves that used it to their advantage.

Since 2006, in France, an unknown gang of thieves have been emptying supermarket safes, using nothing more than a drill and a modified vacuum cleaner. The innovative group of bandits found a weakness in French supermarket Monoprix’s system of storing cash, and have been exploiting it ever since. Envelopes of cash are funneled into the safe via pneumatic suction tubes. Whereas breaching the safe itself might be considerably difficult, requiring explosives or safecracking, the thieves realized that if they just drilled into the delivery tubes near the safe and hooked up a powerful vacuum, they could suck the money out and get at it much more easily.

This mode of robbery is very unique as most thieves would resort to safecracking methods, which leave more evidence. Techniques such as using explosives, or tools like a thermal lance or plasma cutter, are the common choice of career burglars. As of 2011, the vacuum gang have successfully stolen almost $800,000, in fifteen night-time heists, leaving only a few CCTV tapes of masked men for evidence.

EDIT: forgot to add links as proof

http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/artic...-aspirateur-a-encore-frappe_1414885_3224.html

http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/09/24/french-thieves-use-vacuum-to-clean-out-supermarkets/

Last edited:
Do they not have those tube delivery things anymore? The one in Portland had these. Weird. Very cool info though!!
i believe all NTs were remodeled in the last 3-5 years, and did away with the shoe-tubes. at least in nt chicago, each floor/footwear section has its own backroom area for stock and sales people grab their own shoes now.

You should not watch weird YouTube videos on here because it will show up in your history...

:rofl:

My man was enjoying those hard nips on those weirdly erotic videos. If you really wanna go down the YouTube spiral, watch one breast feeding video and see what starts popping up under recommendations.

Weren't you the one who originally posted those bread face smashing videos though :nerd:

And the guy who said something about having a cleaner smelling vagina with cinnamon

Last edited:
I didn't post the bread, but cinnamon vagina... guilty.

If I did both, you might think I had a bakery about to open in a Mexican chick's coochie. Call that bad boy Chochabuns.

Last edited:
David Heyman, who produced all of the Harry Potter films, also was a producer on the film Juice, which opened in theaters 25 years ago today.

Back
Top Bottom