I never knew that......

In my line of accounting work I come across a lot of names. the first name FNU stands for First Name Unknown meaning they don’t have a first name or better yet they don’t have a last name and their last name is their real name.

This happens when someone is from a super rural part of the world and simply go by one name. They come to a westernised part of the world and expected to fill a surname portion when they don’t even understand the concept.

eg drivers license
First name: FNU
Last name: Marlo

Dad n mom aren’t kin nor lineage to me. My name is my name

In my line of accounting work I come across a lot of names. the first name FNU stands for First Name Unknown meaning they don’t have a first name or better yet they don’t have a last name and their last name is their real name.

This happens when someone is from a super rural part of the world and simply go by one name. They come to a westernised part of the world and expected to fill a surname portion when they don’t even understand the concept.

eg drivers license
First name: FNU
Last name: Marlo

Dad n mom aren’t kin nor lineage to me. My name is my name
Like McLovin?

Is it true that Julius Caesar allegedly ended a revolt of his soldiers by saying one word?

Yes.

It's reported in several sources: Plutarch, Lucan, Appian.

Allegedly, 30,000 Roman troops, starting with the Tenth legion, were about to revolt over not getting paid.

Caesar walked up to them and simply said ONE FREAKING WORD (for starters):

“Quirites”

Translation?

"Citizens"

What he was saying with that one word was, “Hey guys, since you don’t want to be my soldiers anymore, that’s totally cool; then, I will greet you as Roman Citizens instead”.

He got their attention there!

The soldiers all started banging their shields and saying, "No, Caesar, we are still your soldiers!" They felt such shame for even thinking about revolting that they immediately changed their minds.

- the 2 parts of the word helicopter are not "heli" and "copter"
It's "helico" meaning spiral, and "pter" meaning one with wings, like a pterodactyl

- in Elizabethan England, "nothing" was slang for female genitalia.
"Much ado about nothing" is a double entendre

- the syllables in " on your mark, get set, go" are a countdown

These 2 are brothers
20210312_165602.jpg

Last edited:
Arkansas has decent size cities that look livable , drove through bentonville and Fayetteville area and they look more modern than I would’ve thought

Iceland only has about 330k citizens. And those young people on the dating market might have a tough time since they’ve had little immigration over centuries. So they made a dating app to make sure whoever you meet up isn’t related to you. Pretty good use of genealogy they’ve archived for centuries

Golden Retrievers are Scottish? Wow.

And of course, Australian shepherds are..American. So why are they called...nvm :lol:

american eskimo being a german dog lol. maybe it was discovered/classified by one nation yet the location and common place of the dog was in another?

Back
Top Bottom