I never knew that......

Stupid way to kill a franchise, wasn't even in a fight. I'm supposed to root for Cody from Step by Step now?

I never bothered to watch it, so it never happened :lol:. Tong Po paralyzed his brother and assaulted his girl (also his trainer/mentor's niece). Guys like that don't get a comeback.

Bad Guys in movies CAN NOT have iPhones. Apple has long decreed and paid for this option.

B5D00067-61BC-448C-81E7-25F30F46DE2E.jpeg

Source:

Rian Johnson, the writer and director of "Knives Out," revealed that Apple will permit film productions to use its products onscreen, but with one very big caveat — villains can't have an iPhone on camera.

"I don't know if I should say this or not," Johnson said in a Vanity Fair video posted Tuesday where he breaks down a scene from his hit murder mystery. "Not 'cause it's lascivious or something, but because it's gonna screw me on the next mystery movie that I write. But forget it, I'll say it, it's very interesting."

"Apple, they let you use iPhones in movies, but, and this is very pivotal, if you're ever watching a mystery movie, bad guys cannot have iPhones on camera," he said. "Every single filmmaker who has a bad guy in their movie that's supposed to be a secret wants to murder me right now."

It makes sense that companies like Apple don't want to have their products promoted in the hands of movie antagonists, in the same way that soda companies don't want audiences to see cans of their famous brands tossed into trash bins on the big screen.

Representatives for Apple did not immediately respond to CNBC's request for comment.

If you haven't seen "Knives Out," now would be a good time to stop reading if you don't want the ending spoiled.

Johnson pointed out the Apple caveat while dissecting a tense scene between all of the Thrombey family members ahead of the reading of the late Harlan Thrombey's will. A cellphone then becomes a spoiler. During the scene, Jamie Lee Curtis' character Linda Drysdale can be seen with an iPhone, prompting Johnson to reveal the behind-the-scenes secret.

When rewatching the film, you can see several other characters who are suspects carry or use iPhones. However, the ultimate bad guy in the film, Ransom, played by Chris Evans, does not have an iPhone in the film.

In most movies, characters just use plain black phones that don’t have any branding.

i’m trying to remember if i’ve seen any samsung phones used in Korean movies and shows.

I've seen bits and pieces. I would've guessed Spike Lee if anything.
Nah, it dont feel like a spike joint, though I can understand why that'd be the assumption based on the blackness of the movie.

But spike has some distinct filming styles that arent used at all in color purple. Like the upward facing camera that is directly in front of the actors as they "walk down the street".

In most movies, characters just use plain black phones that don’t have any branding.

i’m trying to remember if i’ve seen any samsung phones used in Korean movies and shows.
Nickelodeon shows put a pear instead of an apple on the products

For years I wondered what the mighty ducks logo is but never cared enough to look it up. It's a duck footprint in the shape of the letter D :lol: the og logo was awesome and adored but new ownership liked that better.

Anne Frank’s sister, Margot, also had a diary. It was never found.

Mobile phones have 18 times more bacteria than toilet handles.

There’s no physical description of Jesus in the Bible.

Elephants are scared of bees.

Not surprised by the phone fact. Folks don't really clean their phones. I'm sure the same could be said about belt buckles.

I never knew there was a 2nd glove fitment demonstration in the OJ trial.

Watching the Court TV special and saw that they had him try on a brand new pair of the bloody glove model, without latex gloves as well.

Back
Top Bottom