I realized life was no joke when...

-2006. I was about 22 and was living in my first apartment for a few months. I got a little too lax about the bills and messed around and forgot to pay the water bill. Never in my life have I turned on a faucet and nothing came out. That was that moment i realized that they will indeed cut your stuff off if you don't pay.

-2014. I heard of wage garnishment but thought it never really happened for real. Like people that get arrested for downloading movies or something. I had just moved to tx and was working for a cell phone company for 8 months. I finally got to the point that i was getting good and was expecting some big commission checks. I noticed that one of my checks was much lower than it should be. I did some digging and learned that my checked was garnished for 25% over a credit card from 2006 :x i did fought it and turns out it was opened fraudulently and i got all of my money back but it was a lengthy process and i learned then that garnishing wages is real life.

When did life hit you in the mouth.

either when i had a gun pointed at me
when i got caught bout to have sex
with this girl
by her dad in high school

OR

when i got held at gun point and robbed
and they was tryna take me to this back alley
but was able to get away

OR

when i got stabbed
and thought i was gonna lose my leg
during a fight

OR

when i got hit up by child support
saying i owe 10k
even though my kids lived with me
and i was the one who needed proof
that my kids lived with me
but they didnt ask my bm for proof
when decided to try and give her welfare benefits

OR

when my youngest daughter was born 3 months early
and was in the hospital
for 3 months
and needed a machine to breath
cause she was a preemie

It took Islam and my daugher to save me...

I lived that life x3. This is just one of the stories...

551EACAF-A811-46D9-BD2A-B882A39883BE.png

Last edited:
When I got locked up
When the GA courts tried to reduce my time with my son to 4 days a month after he lived with me over half the time all because my BM was vindictive

- I was dumbass in my early twenties, I maxed all my CCs out buying random bull**** and then pay the minimum when the bill came in. Long story short I had to file bankruptcy. I'm grateful for this tough lesson and now I have one CC that I keep on me and use only on emergencies and my credit score over 700.

- My close friend died driving drunk after leaving the bar. We was all the bar drinking and having a blast before he left :frown: :smh:

One rainy evening in August 2000, I walked into a McDonald's and was standing in line when I felt a chill go through my spine. I knew something was off. Could feel it in the air like Phil Collins, or better yet-- Beanie Sigel. All of a sudden it was my turn to order.... but I couldn't talk, I was frozen. Bruh.... the Arch Deluxe had been discontinued.

Yo drop the story for this one

Was driving one morning with two of my homeboys. Was gonna make a left turn at a major intersection, was the second car in line at a green light waiting. Car pulls up beside us and dumps 9 shots point blank and peels off.

I took 3, homeboy beside me took 2. Dude in the back untouched. Had one go through my arm, anothers still stuck in my arm and third one went through my shoulder and got stuck in my throat a couple millimeters from my windpipe. Was wearing a white tee, that **** turned red damn near instantly. Wheeled it to the hospital.

We supposed to be dead. 9 from that close and we were blindsided? Nah, wasnt our time yet.

Give thanks.

Lost a different homie exactly 11mths after that happened, on his bday no less. Broke my heart.

When I got academically dismissed from University of West Georgia.

When I literally spent my last to pay for an abortion for this chick that I hated.
Yo, academic probation is the worst :smh:

I had a tough time in HS because I started following the wrong crowd. Skipping classes, not taking homework and studying seriously. I was an honor roll student as a child and once I hit about 8th/9th grade I started goofing around because that’s what the “cool” thing to do was.

Graduated on time with my class, but always knew that it was by the skin of my teeth. I got into college and promised my parents I was taking a changed mentality and was going to hit the books seriously to show them that it wasn’t a waste of money.

I made the deans list my first year and was living on a natural high.

Then I started ****ing around with the wrong crowd again my sophomore/junior years :smh:

Started getting high and hitting clubs/bars (went to school in the city) and found myself right back where I was in high school :smh:

Got put in academic probation and even had to write a letter to appeal why I shouldn’t be kicked out of school for my GPA dropping below university standards.

Got back in halfway through my junior year and separated myself from that crowd (half of them got kicked out anyway) and finished my undergrad career on a high again.

One of the biggest life lessons I’ve learned, and it was bigger than just grades.

Was driving one morning with two of my homeboys. Was gonna make a left turn at a major intersection, was the second car in line at a green light waiting. Car pulls up beside us and dumps 9 shots point blank and peels off.

I took 3, homeboy beside me took 2. Dude in the back untouched. Had one go through my arm, anothers still stuck in my arm and third one went through my shoulder and got stuck in my throat a couple millimeters from my windpipe. Was wearing a white tee, that **** turned red damn near instantly. Wheeled it to the hospital.

We supposed to be dead. 9 from that close and we were blindsided? Nah, wasnt our time yet.

Give thanks.

Lost a different homie exactly 11mths after that happened, on his bday no less. Broke my heart.

Allah’s blessing is all over you, my G!

Back
Top Bottom