I see Lebron in athleticism decline

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

DC....what is this 2k spreadsheet you always allude to? I'm lost.
I always re-rate every player in the game because 2K doesn't do a good job at it. I pull data from various stat sites and convert them into rating format.  Nothing serious, just a hobby.

How time consuming is that?  I mean, 2K has SO many sub-categories for ratings that I can't even imagine the amount of hours you've spent adjusting everything.  When I play the game, all I do is move players around via trade, free agency, etc....that takes about 2-3 hours (broken up over a couple of days), and I'm spent.  I just play the game as is (aside from roster updates etc...).  More power to you for doing that....

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

DC....what is this 2k spreadsheet you always allude to? I'm lost.
I always re-rate every player in the game because 2K doesn't do a good job at it. I pull data from various stat sites and convert them into rating format.  Nothing serious, just a hobby.

How time consuming is that?  I mean, 2K has SO many sub-categories for ratings that I can't even imagine the amount of hours you've spent adjusting everything.  When I play the game, all I do is move players around via trade, free agency, etc....that takes about 2-3 hours (broken up over a couple of days), and I'm spent.  I just play the game as is (aside from roster updates etc...).  More power to you for doing that....

It takes a lot of time but someone is about to make an editor that allows users to edit through their PC. The ratings pulled from the game show up Excel Format which would cut down my time by 50000000000000000000000000. But it is time consuming but I am not satisfied with the game out of the box.

Just a few examples, look at Dennis Rodman's Emotion Rating and look at Bill Wennington's Size Up Moves just to show you how careless 2K is.

It takes a lot of time but someone is about to make an editor that allows users to edit through their PC. The ratings pulled from the game show up Excel Format which would cut down my time by 50000000000000000000000000. But it is time consuming but I am not satisfied with the game out of the box.

Just a few examples, look at Dennis Rodman's Emotion Rating and look at Bill Wennington's Size Up Moves just to show you how careless 2K is.

Speaking of 2k and PC.

pimp.gif
 The benefits of having it on PC. Shoe, jersey, arena, crowd, court patches, etc. All the things people asked for in the game, you can just patch it.
laugh.gif
 I wa getting Live on PC when it was decent and use to love all the detail.

Downloading it later on today.

Speaking of 2k and PC.

pimp.gif
 The benefits of having it on PC. Shoe, jersey, arena, crowd, court patches, etc. All the things people asked for in the game, you can just patch it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Stop, LeBron is not a good mid-range shooter, at most he's a decent one. His FG% has nothing to do with it because many of his shots are toward the basket. I believe he does have time to make his shot better but if he doesn't he is screwed when those knees go. I have noticed that he doesnt seem as athletically insane anymore, regardless, he's still a beast.

Read thread again. His mid-range jumpshot FG% has been posted, not his overall FG%.

Stop, LeBron is not a good mid-range shooter, at most he's a decent one. His FG% has nothing to do with it because many of his shots are toward the basket. I believe he does have time to make his shot better but if he doesn't he is screwed when those knees go. I have noticed that he doesnt seem as athletically insane anymore, regardless, he's still a beast.

Read thread again. His mid-range jumpshot FG% has been posted, not his overall FG%.

False...

Brace yourself for this next statement:

LeBron James quietly turned himself into one of the best midrange shooters in the NBA this season.

According to NBA.com's StatsCube, LeBron made 45 percent of hismidrange jumpers this season, which is an incredibly efficient mark fora high-usage perimeter player. Paul Pierce made 44 percent of hismidrange jumpers. Kobe Bryant made 42 percent. Derrick Rose made 40percent. Dwyane Wade, 40 percent. Kevin Durant, 42 percent. CarmeloAnthony, 42 percent.

Ray Allen shot 46 percent, barely edging out LeBron. Statisticallyspeaking, out of all the high-usage perimeter players in the league,LeBron was the best midrange shooter not named Dirk Nowitzki (Dirk shot53 percent -- he's a freak).

For comparison

1. Dirk = 53%
2. Ray Allen = 46%
3. Lebron = 45%
4. Paul Pierce = 44%
5. Kobe, Durant & Melo = 42%
6. Wade & Drose = 40%

False...

Brace yourself for this next statement:

LeBron James quietly turned himself into one of the best midrange shooters in the NBA this season.

According to NBA.com's StatsCube, LeBron made 45 percent of hismidrange jumpers this season, which is an incredibly efficient mark fora high-usage perimeter player. Paul Pierce made 44 percent of hismidrange jumpers. Kobe Bryant made 42 percent. Derrick Rose made 40percent. Dwyane Wade, 40 percent. Kevin Durant, 42 percent. CarmeloAnthony, 42 percent.

Ray Allen shot 46 percent, barely edging out LeBron. Statisticallyspeaking, out of all the high-usage perimeter players in the league,LeBron was the best midrange shooter not named Dirk Nowitzki (Dirk shot53 percent -- he's a freak).

For comparison

1. Dirk = 53%
2. Ray Allen = 46%
3. Lebron = 45%
4. Paul Pierce = 44%
5. Kobe, Durant & Melo = 42%
6. Wade & Drose = 40%

What I've learned on NT is that stats have no place in an argument (see MVP thread as well). People are gonna believe what they want to.

What I've learned on NT is that stats have no place in an argument (see MVP thread as well). People are gonna believe what they want to.

DC, do you also edit your player tendencies? Thats the only reason why I use real2kinsider rosters. If youre on ps3 id like to try your rosters. Lemme know what slider adjustments youre using also.

DC, do you also edit your player tendencies? Thats the only reason why I use real2kinsider rosters. If youre on ps3 id like to try your rosters. Lemme know what slider adjustments youre using also.

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Those set of rosters setting are pretty accurate minus a few lil gameplay/player tweaks needed, But even that has been correctecd with that i believe its called uar gameplay/roster patch update for pc.

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Those set of rosters setting are pretty accurate minus a few lil gameplay/player tweaks needed, But even that has been correctecd with that i believe its called uar gameplay/roster patch update for pc.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Speaking of 2k and PC.

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

why does john wall look like Mase?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Speaking of 2k and PC.

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

why does john wall look like Mase?
laugh.gif

I was thinking about this the other day but not as of right now.... Im talking in the next 3-4 years, just how dominant can lebron stay if you think about every other superstar and the age that they start to fall off athletically.

Just like Kobe Lebron has been playing straight outta highschool except that hes carrying much more around and those days in cleveland are def gonna catch up to him in the future. I feel that Lebron is really gonna have to change his game ALOT once he gets around 29-30 to still be considered elite, especially considering that with the heat they are expected to make long playoff runs every year and him and D-Wade are going to have to be the guys who carry this squad for a minute

I was thinking about this the other day but not as of right now.... Im talking in the next 3-4 years, just how dominant can lebron stay if you think about every other superstar and the age that they start to fall off athletically.

Just like Kobe Lebron has been playing straight outta highschool except that hes carrying much more around and those days in cleveland are def gonna catch up to him in the future. I feel that Lebron is really gonna have to change his game ALOT once he gets around 29-30 to still be considered elite, especially considering that with the heat they are expected to make long playoff runs every year and him and D-Wade are going to have to be the guys who carry this squad for a minute

Originally Posted by jthagreat

i know yall may not notice, but it seems Bron's shooting is improving. do the stats agree? not sure, seems like it
didn't ESPN write that outside of dirk, lebron is the 2nd best midrange shooter in the game from 16-23ft (considering players who shoot the ball a lot?)

Originally Posted by jthagreat

i know yall may not notice, but it seems Bron's shooting is improving. do the stats agree? not sure, seems like it
didn't ESPN write that outside of dirk, lebron is the 2nd best midrange shooter in the game from 16-23ft (considering players who shoot the ball a lot?)

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

LeBron becoming more of a jumpshooter is also the reason why you see him having really bad shooting nights statistically, like games 1 against the Sixers and Bulls when his shot isn't falling. In recent seasons, you rarely saw him have a 30% shooting night. You always saw him somewhere between 40% and 60%. Now it's more spread out, between 30% and 70%.
also him playing with wade have a lot to do with it. he doesn't have the ball in his hands all the time and the offense catered to create shots for him. he's more of a facilitator with the heat and believe it or not, wade is the scorer. 
lebron has become more perimeter oriented this year (someone has to do it, you can't have wade and lebron simply crash to the rim all game together) and sacrifice his offensive game to create more space/opening for wade. 

Back
Top Bottom