I Thought President Obama Would Start April On A Good Note...

Who cares?
grin.gif

Obama's my man, but damn. C'mon man, you'd think he would've learned something from the criticizm he got after giving those 25 DVDs.

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

The Prime Minister has not had the best of luck when receiving gifts from U.S. presidents.

He was given a fur-trimmed brown leather bomber jacket by George W. Bush during his first trip to America in the summer of 2007

eek.gif
laugh.gif
did anyone else read that part from the DVD article?

Funny thing is he rejected that jacket - the rules are that any public servant (as he obviously is) has to declare any gift worth more than about$250 - and pay the country back for it. Obviously he didn't think that jacket was worth it.

I am beginning to think that the Obama's know that and want to give him something they can actually keep - rather than some $1000 thing that they'lljust give to a government department rather than have to pay for it.

They're not that stupid.

Don't know if those rules apply to the Queen though - she did start paying taxes a few years ago but I don't think she would be happy being called a'public servant'.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

The Prime Minister has not had the best of luck when receiving gifts from U.S. presidents.

He was given a fur-trimmed brown leather bomber jacket by George W. Bush during his first trip to America in the summer of 2007

eek.gif
laugh.gif
did anyone else read that part from the DVD article?
Funny thing is he rejected that jacket - the rules are that any public servant (as he obviously is) has to declare any gift worth more than about $250 - and pay the country back for it. Obviously he didn't think that jacket was worth it.

I am beginning to think that the Obama's know that and want to give him something they can actually keep - rather than some $1000 thing that they'll just give to a government department rather than have to pay for it.

They're not that stupid.

Don't know if those rules apply to the Queen though - she did start paying taxes a few years ago but I don't think she would be happy being called a 'public servant'.

Don't you think 25 movies would hit right around the $250 mark? Maybe they cut President Obama a deal, and if so I need some blu-rays from him
laugh.gif

Its a conspiracy You dont know what kinda secrets Obama is giving The Queen on that Ipod

Its all part of the Obama Deception
nerd.gif

I found this funny too...

(04-01) 14:01 PDT LONDON, United Kingdom (AP) --

It's not every day the American president's driver is told to move his bulletproof car.

But Queen Elizabeth II's handlers made the request Wednesday after President Barack Obama's reinforced Cadillac limousine was found to be blocking the garden entrance driveway at Buckingham Palace.

After it was moved, Jaguars carrying Prince Charles and other members of the royal family pulled up for the queen's reception for leaders attending Thursday's G-20 summit.

didn't she give him an autographed picture? What do ya'll want him to give her manhattan or something.

Originally Posted by copped

Originally Posted by Datnggag

Had he given her something madd expensive you would be complaining about spending the tax payers money on gifts..I think the gift was a good idea..its a thoughtful gift..comon all he got was a picture of her ..autographed..Use that to break weed up on ..

Obama earns a salary...gifts dont come from the tax payers...he is not broke...he has money to pay for a gifts doesn't need to use 'tax-payers money'

His salary is based on tax-payers money.

Well I believe his month started 100% better than the Republicans.

Quote about the budget from the white house.. "The worst April Fools Day Joke Ever."

roll.gif
Republicans release an awful budget on April Fools Day no irony ortruth in that

While gifts will not make or break a presidency, they can be symbolic part of diplomacy. By giving DVDs and iPods to the Prime Minister and the Queen of ourstrongest ally, what is the president saying. It seems like he is either undervaluing Britain's support for the US this decade or he thinks that we do notlive i nserious times and face serious threats.

If I were President and meeting with British officials, I would give them better gifts and I would give them gifts with historical significance, especiallyartifacts that symbolize Anglo-American solidarity during the last hundred years. Gordon Brown was smart to give Barack Obama a piece of anti slaver, we shouldgive them something that reminds them and thanks them for being allies during the World Wars.

Back
Top Bottom