I WENT TO BIBLE STUDY

Another thing. NT has waaaaayyyyyyyy too many George Carlin and Bill Maher copycats
laugh.gif
tired.gif
. Too many people want to be funny know-it-alls. Everyone wants to get the lols for nothing. You arent funny nor withy. Your lame, K? Just stop.I'm not directing this at one person but those who think they are hilarious when they really suck.

Quick question. For those that call religion/spirtituality fear. What do you called laws and rules? I always wondered this. If I say, "James don'tmess with that girl, she has herpes". Is that installing fear or warning? But when God says, "Don't have sex out of wedlock because sex outsidemarriage causes so many problems" then its fear tactics? Someone please explain?

Oh and rtz13 I love your avy. She is a beautiful girl who likes tech stuff
pimp.gif

Honestly, Burns1923 shut this thread down... I didn't have to say a word. I knew there was a problem when OP stated that hell is not at place andChristians don't believe in hell... I hope all of those in this thread that haven't accepted Jesus Christ as their savior will...

Funny thing the bible study felt more like a book club meeting that anything else. As questions were asked more questions were raised.

There are some things in the bible we would consider sins today that God either condones or doesn't discuss very much.

1. We all know slavery is bad but the bible encourages it and gives the Isrealites a guide on how to treat their slaves.

2. In Christianity it is wrong to have more than, yet it runs rampant in the bible.

I don't disbelieve in the Son of God
smh.gif

I just don't believe in the false Idol that 99.9% of churches sell.

I don't believe people see God in the light that he wants them to, and not just non-christians but "Real Christians" too. Non-christians hate Godbecause of the BS "christians" have falsely preached in his name. I don't think he is too happy about that...

No matter what religion you are, God loves you. God will not reject you if you live by his word. That is how you get into his "kingdome",not by worshiping his "idol". The God I feel inside me, talking to me personally would not send a man like Ghandi(per-sey) to hell, only a non-lovingIdol of a God would do that.
indifferent.gif

What pissed me off is how Burns came in here throwing Fire and Brimstone around like he was GOD HIMSELF. Your not God. Don't EVER tell somebody they aregoing to hell. Who the hell do you think you are?

Your FAITH comes from a BOOK. A manufactured piece of PAPER. If you were really close to God you would know this is wrong and know where I'm coming from. My faith doesn't come from a book.

But I digress. Tis not my job.

buggz05 wrote:
No matter what religion you are, God loves you. God will not reject you if you live by his word. That is how you get into his "kingdome", not by worshiping his "idol".

Agreed... not matter what religion you are God does love you... but the rest of your statement is untrue. Even if you live by Gods
word he WILL reject you if you have not accepted Christ into your heart (He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that
believeth NOT in the Son sahll not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him- John 3:36)

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by northparkblind

sooooooo

are you learning anything?
Actually yes.

Christians (except catholics) don't believe in hell as a place you go. Catholicism thrives on fear...they are essentially tryna scare people in heaven. Christians (eg Seventh Day adventist" say there is no such place as "hell". In the bible it say "hell"=death=ceasing to exist.....you burn and you die. Hell isn't eternity. The only eternal life is heaven.\

My reactions was:

"That doesn't sound so bad"
grin.gif
Not the churches I previously attended. They actually believe hell is a physical place, imagine explain that to a lil kid, a place a million timeshotter than the hottest thing you can imagine. Of course I was ready to accept their white savior.

Yea we don't believe in hell either. It doesn't make sense. Just used to scare people into going to church as was mentioned

Originally Posted by CJ863

buggz05 wrote:
No matter what religion you are, God loves you. God will not reject you if you live by his word. That is how you get into his "kingdome", not by worshiping his "idol".

Agreed... not matter what religion you are God does love you... but the rest of your statement is untrue. Even if you live by Gods
word he WILL reject you if you have not accepted Christ into your heart (He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that
believeth NOT in the Son sahll not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him- John 3:36)

So are the Jews not saved? Because they believe the man who died on the cross was not the messiah.

Why do you guys need religion? Why not live according to your own rules of right and wrong? You don't need religion to tell you what's right andwhat's wrong.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

buggz05 wrote:

So are the Jews not saved? Because they believe the man who died on the cross was not the messiah.

ANYONE that doesnt confess with their mouth and believe in their heart that God raised Christ from death in order to
save us is NOT saved. (Romans 10:9)

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

say basically you are saying that all the jews are going to burn in hell correct?
ANYONE that doesnt confess with their mouth and believe in their heart that God raised Christ from death in order to

"Therefore God exalted him [Jesus the Messiah] to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at thename of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God theFather" (Philippians 2:9-11)

lol so this has became a protestant vs Catholicism thread

i am staying out of this one

ignorance at its finest

say basically you are saying that all the jews are going to burn in hell correct?

"Therefore God exalted him [Jesus the Messiah] to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father" (Philippians 2:9-11)
Stop avoiding the question and answer it with your own views and opinions.

"Therefore God exalted him [Jesus the Messiah] to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father" (Philippians 2:9-11)

How am I avoiding the question... what's posted is exactly what I believe...

I think he means what do you believe (yes or no), instead of quoting scriptures!

It's not a terribly difficult question. The answer is either yes or no, so which is it?

It's not a terribly difficult question. The answer is either yes or no, so which is it?

Well being that I MUST break it down for you sir... I believe that anyone that has not accepted Jesus Christ
as their personal saviour will burn in hell... are those better terms for you, or must I water it down some more?

Well being that I MUST break it down for you sir... I believe that anyone that has not accepted Jesus Christ
as their personal saviour will burn in hell... are those better terms for you, or must I water it down some more?

I know what the passage says. But you still haven't given the answer of a definitive "yes" or "no".

So I'll ask again, are all Jews going to burn in hell for believing that Jesus is NOT the messiah?

I know what the passage says. But you still haven't given the answer of a definitive "yes" or "no".

So I'll ask again, are all Jews going to burn in hell for believing that Jesus is NOT the messiah?

As I've stated three times before I believe that ANYONE that has not accepted Jesus Christ as their personal saviour WILL burn in
hell. For some reason your trying to make this simply about Jews when in fact this is about EVERYONE

Back
Top Bottom