If 50 cent got GOT after massacre, would he be in your top 10?

Top 5...Just off GRODT. He seemed untouchable for a short period of time..If G-Unit never had that collapse Im positive they would have held down rap for atleast the majority of the last decade.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by jthagreat

this is kinda funny tho...Biggie only had two real albums...and...lol
And they were BOTH  hell of a lot BETTER than ANYthing 50 has made in his life... (that applies to about 97% of ALL rappers too)

And being top 5 or 10 is about skill...

50 was NEVER  a top 10 talent...

Its like comparing a Leonardo DiCaprio movie to a Will Ferrell movie...

Sure they'll both make a hell of a lot of money, but the Leo one will me artistically BEYOND a Will Ferrell's flicks wildest dreams...

If 50 died after Massacre he'd MAYBE be a top 10 DEAD rapper...

That's about it... 
bad comparision... They make diff types of genres... rappers just rap.. action and comedy would be like rap and r n b.. not a 2 rapper comparison

And they were BOTH  hell of a lot BETTER than ANYthing 50 has made in his life... (that applies to about 97% of ALL rappers too)

Sure they'll both make a hell of a lot of money, but the Leo one will me artistically BEYOND a Will Ferrell's flicks wildest dreams...

That's about it... 
bad comparision... They make diff types of genres... rappers just rap.. action and comedy would be like rap and r n b.. not a 2 rapper comparison

Fif tried to do to much with the Masscare; tried to cater to every listener, dude was on his Thriller steeze.

Fif tried to do to much with the Masscare; tried to cater to every listener, dude was on his Thriller steeze.

He's in my personal top 10.. But not top 10 if I had to rank them realistically.. (If I ranked based on favorites Joe Budden would be #3 and that is just not true).. If I remember correctly when I did a list he was like 15th or 16th... If he died I don't think it would help his stock much more...To masses probably.. To me I don't think so...

What people neglect to mention is he has released a bunch of great music..

Power of The Dollar which was great album
GRODT which was a CLASSIC
Massacre which was a really good album just off being great
Beg For Mercy which borders on classic if it is not a classic.
A good percentage of the top 10 greatest mix tapes in hip hop were his doing (I think 3 of 10 but you can probably argue as much as 5 of 10 are his doing). And he basically rejuvenated the mixtape approach
Then you throw in random songs from other albums & soundtracks, and other misc. songs add them all together and he has released as much quality music as the top MC's
Then throw in the impact he has had, and how much he changed everything.. You don't change the landscape of a genre like he has if you have no talent..

Top 10 of the decade easily.. Of all-time I just can't do it...

He's in my personal top 10.. But not top 10 if I had to rank them realistically.. (If I ranked based on favorites Joe Budden would be #3 and that is just not true).. If I remember correctly when I did a list he was like 15th or 16th... If he died I don't think it would help his stock much more...To masses probably.. To me I don't think so...

What people neglect to mention is he has released a bunch of great music..

Power of The Dollar which was great album
GRODT which was a CLASSIC
Massacre which was a really good album just off being great
Beg For Mercy which borders on classic if it is not a classic.
A good percentage of the top 10 greatest mix tapes in hip hop were his doing (I think 3 of 10 but you can probably argue as much as 5 of 10 are his doing). And he basically rejuvenated the mixtape approach
Then you throw in random songs from other albums & soundtracks, and other misc. songs add them all together and he has released as much quality music as the top MC's
Then throw in the impact he has had, and how much he changed everything.. You don't change the landscape of a genre like he has if you have no talent..

Top 10 of the decade easily.. Of all-time I just can't do it...

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

That's about it... 

That's what I was trying to do playboy...

Stress on how BAD the OG comparison was...

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

That's about it... 

That's what I was trying to do playboy...

Stress on how BAD the OG comparison was...

Originally Posted by Master Zik

laugh.gif
After Massacre? Hell no. I think you mean after GRODT cuz Massacre should've been a 12 track album.
This and still no.

Originally Posted by MiKeY iCe 23

This is a spinoff of the pac > big thread...if 50 died after he dropped massacre and didn't make horrible music aka curtis, would he be considered an all time great? Because for all we know big and pac could have dropped duds and been irrelevant at this point in time...share your thoughts
What the hell does 2Pac have to do with this? Dude dropped WAYYY more than 2 Albums when he was alive and WAYYY more since his death.

Originally Posted by MiKeY iCe 23

This is a spinoff of the pac > big thread...if 50 died after he dropped massacre and didn't make horrible music aka curtis, would he be considered an all time great? Because for all we know big and pac could have dropped duds and been irrelevant at this point in time...share your thoughts
What the hell does 2Pac have to do with this? Dude dropped WAYYY more than 2 Albums when he was alive and WAYYY more since his death.

Back
Top Bottom