If Diggy ethers J. Cole, is he the G.O.A.T.?

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

Originally Posted by YG716

20k then comes diss tho. Based off lines this sound like it was recorded a min ago
30t6p3b.gif

I agree with this. No mention of the "Grew Up Fast" lines and dude "when your album drops..." Cole World been out.
Wasn't he talking about Cole lying about smashing Vanessa?

On Grew up fast Cole said "What up Vanessa, I loved you that one semester"

They both graduated from St. Johns at the same time in communications

that's how i took it.
I feel you, I just assumed all his lines were in reference to the Purple Rain track.

Originally Posted by iLLest

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

How do people know for certain that Cole was referencing one of the Simmons? Not like he mentioned anything that specifically pointed one of them out.

Diggys flow is nice but I still don't see myself checking for his work. Seems like he wants to be like Drake so bad.

Good girl huh, father was a preacher
sent her off to college thought I got her on a leash though
from the outside though, them girls be the squeakiest
you get ‘em inside them girls be the freakiest

mischievous, downright devious
say she want cake I got all the right ingredients
running round fronting like a pure white virgin
gave a n-gga dome while her father gave a Sermon
Amen, let the choir sing
she be walking round campus like the quiet thing
so n-ggas scared to approach when they admiring
man if they know like I know she got that fire thing
pour a little OJ with some P-trone
I’m feeling ok, but homie she’s gone
when remmy Rev called she just ignore him
I had her calling on God till the weed
and than I hit the door n-gga

iLLest!
wow, i'm surprised cole released this.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

I agree with this. No mention of the "Grew Up Fast" lines and dude "when your album drops..." Cole World been out.
Wasn't he talking about Cole lying about smashing Vanessa?

On Grew up fast Cole said "What up Vanessa, I loved you that one semester"

They both graduated from St. Johns at the same time in communications

that's how i took it.
I feel you, I just assumed all his lines were in reference to the Purple Rain track.
Probably was an old diss track that just released. Hence, "when your album drops"

roll.gif
I just remembered that line. All this time Cole been disrespecting
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

I pray this beef stays on wax.
Where else could it go?
laugh.gif

J-Cole-and-Diggy-Simmons-diss.jpg

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Let's be real, he's not gonna ether Cole anytime soon, and Cole shouldn't even respond, but he deserves props for stepping up and not taking the subliminal route
pimp.gif
Looks like Diggy has more heart/nuts than Drake. That'll actually make me not easily pass over his music.

7035502883_0e8d579891.jpg

roll.gif

i mean i really didnt even pay that track Purple Rain that much mind to actually connect the dots... But CLEARLY the Simmons household did

with that being said...it gotta be some kinda truth to Cole claims now 
laugh.gif

Diggy had a lil flow on em...but this cant go anywhere...if Cole just tweets "LOL...I am not dissin nor replying to lil Diggy Simmons" thats about as powerful as this diss at the end of the day

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

roll.gif

i mean i really didnt even pay that track Purple Rain that much mind to actually connect the dots... But CLEARLY the Simmons household did

with that being said...it gotta be some kinda truth to Cole claims now 
laugh.gif

Diggy had a lil flow on em...but this cant go anywhere...if Cole just tweets "LOL...I am not dissin nor replying to lil Diggy Simmons" thats about as powerful as this diss at the end of the day

But wait...NOBODY thought the Purple Rain track was dissing the Simmons family.  So it MUST be true then.
I think there's more of a backstory then we might think 
laugh.gif

The Simmons family is reachin'. How was Purple Rain a diss?
laugh.gif
He said he was more Biggie than Diggy.
laugh.gif
I just took it that he was more raw like Biggie than a 17 year old kid.

And "someone leaks a old Diggy record"? Really? A couple of days after he flops someone just happens to release a old Diggy record. Ok.
laugh.gif

It's Purple Rain AND Grew Up Fast.

It's not about dissing. I'm sure they're not taking it as a rap thing. To them, Cole is out right disrespecting their fam. The lil bars at Diggy is nothing, honestly don't know why Cole did it but being "bored" is the excuse.

The main thing is on Grew Up Fast he's saying "What up Vanessa, I loved you that one semester" and when you listen to Purple Rain he straight up drops lines about a preacher's daughter topping him off in church during her father's sermon and ignoring calls from her father as he hits it and dips. When you take both in to consideration I can see how they feel some way about it. One by itself not so much cuz I know I wasn't thinking about Vanessa when I heard Purple Rain and even though he says Vanessa and later on drops a playful jab at Diggy I did not connect the two but I'm sure they did. The jab reminds me of Joe Budden mentioning Deck's name and then the whole Wu taught him a lesson.

The leak was definitely strategic for him to get more attention though.

Never connected that verse from Purple Rain to Vanessa but it makes sense.. and from one of his songs off of the Come Up, School Daze, Cole says "But damn Vanessa booty lookin sick up in them gym shorts" 
laugh.gif

Doubt Cole responds but I hope he ethers him 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

roll.gif

Oh He Mad.
LBJ23navo wrote:
Never connected that verse from Purple Rain to Vanessa but it makes sense.. and from one of his songs off of the Come Up, School Daze, Cole says "But damn Vanessa booty lookin sick up in them gym shorts" 
laugh.gif

Doubt Cole responds but I hope he ethers him 
laugh.gif

School daze was about high school though I get what you're saying though.

& your shirts don't fit, long arms short sleeves
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Doubt Cole responds though... If he didn't respond to the last 2 disses, he probly won't to this one either. Maybe just a general response to all 3, but that's probly it.

Back
Top Bottom