If Diggy ethers J. Cole, is he the G.O.A.T.?

StaXX wrote:
Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

I pray this beef stays on wax.

laugh.gif

+DEAD+

i always thought the line about Vanessa on Grew up fast meant he had a crush on her cuz they had a class together or something...

ive never heard of Purple Rain till this 'beef'
laugh.gif

Purple Rain came out like a week before Friday Night Lights came out with no inclination of it being directed towards Vannessa, but the whole family must have thought so which raises suspicion. Cole must have hit. Haha them bars from Purple Rain couldn't hit that hard if nothing happened.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

when was purple rain released? never heard it.
Right after FNL I believe.

EDIT

Seems I was off. It was around when FNL dropped though and wasn't on it for some reason.

I don't know why some of yall think Cole must've smashed Vanessa because the Simmons family feels some type way of a few songs where Cole hints at it. I mean if Wale spat a verse about smashing Rashida Jones and Quincy and her was saying it was a lie would you say Wale must've hit?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

EDIT

Seems I was off. It was around when FNL dropped though and wasn't on it for some reason.

I don't know why some of yall think Cole must've smashed Vanessa because the Simmons family feels some type way of a few songs where Cole hints at it. I mean if Wale spat a verse about smashing Rashida Jones and Quincy and her was saying it was a lie would you say Wale must've hit?
laugh.gif

But how can anyone take offense to the story from purple rain???? The only time he hinted at it was on Grew up fast and even then all he said is I loved you that one semester.

Originally Posted by mjhead23

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

EDIT

laugh.gif
But how can anyone take offense to the story from purple rain???? The only time he hinted at it was on Grew up fast and even then all he said is I loved you that one semester.
First you have to take both songs together not just one. Just one of the songs aint really anything. Second, how could family not take offense to something like this if you connect the dots? Especially if it isn't true? That's like saying any rapper can lie about something like this and if the person it's about doesn't saying anything ppl will assume it's true and if they do say it didn't happen then ppl will assume it's true
laugh.gif

I mean this is Rev, he aint dumb when it comes to a subliminal so neither would his sons.

I listened to purple rain a while ago and just assumed it was about a random chick, you know how many preacher daughters are out there

Rev catching feelings kinda makes me suspicious that it may be true, what grown @$! man hears a random j Cole track and assumes its about his daughter

But Diggy specifically references Purple Rain and everyone is saying it is old including Rev. Grew up fast came out like a month ago so With this song being "old" and specifically referencing Purple Rain what shots were thrown exactly? Just a song with a verse including a preachers daughter that plays on common sterotypes that daughters of preachers are freaks. No relation to the Simmons family whatsoever. There is no connection the dots when there are none to connect to Purple Rain.

It's all fun and everything to connect the two songs but the diss is 'old', Purple Rain is even older and Grew up fast is relatively new. They took offense for some reason maybe the public doesn't know the backstory.

Originally Posted by solefood229

I listened to purple rain a while ago and just assumed it was about a random chick, you know how many preacher daughters are out there

Rev catching feelings kinda makes me suspicious that it may be true, what grown @$! man hears a random j Cole track and assumes its about his daughter

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Originally Posted by solefood229

THANK YOU!!!!!!
they DID go to school together so maybe she saw he was blowing up and mentioned to the fam 'i know Jermaine' if it came out around FNL Cole had more than a lil buzz Rev and fam here it & *insert We-Bay gif*

^Didn't they go to school years ago before Cole even made it big?
laugh.gif

But Diggy specifically references Purple Rain and everyone is saying it is old including Rev. Grew up fast came out like a month ago so With this song being "old" and specifically referencing Purple Rain what shots were thrown exactly? Just a song with a verse including a preachers daughter that plays on common sterotypes that daughters of preachers are freaks. No relation to the Simmons family whatsoever. There is no connection the dots when there are none to connect to Purple Rain.

It's all fun and everything to connect the two songs but the diss is 'old', Purple Rain is even older and Grew up fast is relatively new. They took offense for some reason maybe the public doesn't know the backstory.
The only reason the song is being called old is because the beat and first verse was heard over a year ago. Now the full song with the 2nd verse diss was released. Do the math.
Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

Originally Posted by i lik3 sho3s

Amongst the new era of rappers, nobody is on Cole's level right now. NOBODY, period.
There's not even a close second.
Cole's level aint that high though. Like who are these new era rappers anyway?

i dont see any of jcoles jams as disses to them tho. I mean come on now like why would cole diss the simmons'? kinda stupid n foolish if u ask me. Tons of cats smashes preachers daughters n #@! i hate when ppl blow this dumb stuff up n turn it into a rap beef lol come on man i mean j. cole vs diggy? dumb as hell man ppl need a life. errbody dissin errbody lol if he aint say no names it aint no diss imo

reading that verse and knowing they went to school together makes it seem kinda iffy, im shocked Cole released that.

We know thats perception is everything especially in entertainment, so knowing they went to school together and to go and spit a very detailed verse about banging a freak preachers daughter
is too close to home and i wouldnt like it either if i was part of that family. Seems like some drake #$% to spit details i thought/hoped cole was more low key than that.

The key to me is '' hey vanessa loved you that 1 semester '' and banging preachers daughter bars are just too close for comfort and cole shouldve known that.

Back
Top Bottom