If everyone didn't grab EVERY release, maybe JB would care about Quality.

Quality! it aint to bad people still shut down the internet on release dates.

Does anyone rock anything out side the retros how is the Quality on them other joints???

I.E. Fly wades, CP3s or The Melos or any of them other ugly shoes JB puts out.

I never hear any complaints about those kicks. As a matter of fact i never hear about those kicks I heard the Fly Wade was a good hooping shoe. I don't think its fair to criticize the brand in one area. I have some CP3s that have been holding up well I had them joints for some years now and I have no problem out of them. I mean if all you going to complain about the is retros then make it known that its about the retro and not JB as a whole! Yall probably rocking fakes anyway.

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

i can understand people hating because of bad materials being used and all that but it erks me when i see people inspect their shoes with a magnifying glass just to find a problem to complain about. "my j's got a glue stain that you can only notice if you put your eye right up to it".

+1 lol. This annoys me too! But back on topic, nobody will ever take a stand and boycott buying retros. Lol. The majority of the sales go to people who really don't care about the quality, and to resellers who resell to people who don't care about quality but missed out on RD. Genuine sneakerheads are a minority! There are even a bunch of people on here that I've seen posting talking about "how much will they be worth to sell on later?" or "is it worth it to get [insert shoe here] to sell later" and etc.

first step is no more re sellers. they hype everything then buy it up. get them out of the loop and the real sneaker beads could have a bigger impact 

i sell shoes to help get mine cheaper... at the end of the day if you want them put in the work and stop complaining

Here's what's going to happen. One of two things.

1.) JB will eventually for some reason start increasing quality and price tags, baiting us in with the higher quality to justify their ridiculous price tags. This would be what most of you want, even though people were paying a lot less than we are now back in 01 for some 11s with amazing mesh and carbon fiber, yet the prices are at 180 for a pair of Concords who's quality comes nowhere near 01s. But hey, as long as we get quality back then that increasing price tag will be worth it, right? I'm sure some of you will be willing to pay 230 for a quality pair of 11s in the future.. I don't know if I will.

2.) Some people feel this is already happening. They will continue to hack up the prices and steal our money while either keeping the same quality issues or lowering the quality in order to make more money. This is what my fear is. Because then, all the OG heads who know better will drop out of the game, along with myself and I'm not even an OG collector.. I've only been in the game since 06. I just know better. But the hypebeasts will be the only ones buying Jordans, and that'll be enough to keep their boat floating for a bit.. but for how long? Maybe then we will see Jordan brand come back to the collectors and shoe fanatics with what we ask for.

I'm sorry, but we will never see quality like the OGs or even early 2000s again. That's just flat out fact. The only thing you can do is drop out of the Jordan game like we all will if option 2 happens.. just remember that JB is a business and their interest is your money.
nerd.gif

when JBis in his coffin im lettign the collection go.... until then ill buy these retros cause i know it will be collateral

Originally Posted by MRFLOWERS

when JBis in his coffin im lettign the collection go.... until then ill buy these retros cause i know it will be collateral

Same here.
I'll keep buying retros for awhile, ill more than likely stop collecting if the prices start climbing

But when old man Jordan is with the worms. The stock value of Js are going to be ridiculous

Esp with the "hyped" up sneakers. 

30t6p3b.gif

completely agree with airdhazzal (mostly because of the scott hall avi) but it is about self control, if you dont like it dont buy it!!! or we can OCCUPY JB HEADQUARTERS!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by super23freak

Maybe it's not a lost cause...
people stopped buying Pontiacs and Saturns... and look what happened?

JB will eventually run its course.

You have the power to buy whatever you want.

It's all the hype that causes me to feel pressured to buy every release, and multiple pairs of.

But I resist.

It sucks being a sneakerhead, Jordanhead, etc. where you feel you need every pair, even if they are overpriced and the quality is sub par.

Did you ever think to them (Nike/JB/non-Niketalk readers), they are delivering: 
[h1]"Quality Basketball Products Inspired by the Greatest Player Ever"[/h1]
Apples and Orange...Pontiac and Saturn vs the greatest Basketball player ever???  Nice comparison...
roll.gif

Jordan has a legacy in sports...something that HUMANS cherish as an important part of culture...Jordan Brand isn't going anyway..."you people" have been saying this for years and sales continue to increase in a VERY LIMITED number of points of distribution...think of all of the stores that sell Nike products that don't sell Jordan products...

JM

You can't compare shoes to slavery or cars. Jordan will release whatever they want. Every single person won't stop buying. Even if a lot of people do the shoes will still sell out.

Does Jordan himself know about his company putting out crap? JB's going down mark my words!

I'd say it is a lost cause. People want Jordans because it is the "coolest" shoe you can have and nothing will stop them from getting a pair.

Originally Posted by OneManDeep

If everyone would stop grabbing these low quality retros, maybe JB would be forced to step up. Everyone complains about quality (Joqdan, stitching,Champio_ship), yet you grab MULTIPLE pairs as soon as the shoe drops. As a result JB gets there money and could care less about quality. If a stand was made, shoes would sit so long that they went to outlets and we bought there for almost HALF the price. Instead we get less quality and the company has the nerve to charge us MORE. A $105-135 quality OG vs a cheap $160-180 retro or retro+? And we are all guilty of letting them rip us. IT HAS TO STOP.. imagine where these prices will be at in the coming years. They are going to hold out on the Bred 11s until they can drop them for $200 on release. I know that the reality of so called "sneaker-heads" not buying on release is far-fetched, but hopefully this will open a few blind eyes. We have to start somewhere 

JB gets their money long before the consumer buys the product so either way they dont lose.

It's the retailer that loses

Originally Posted by dc1153

Does Jordan himself know about his company putting out crap? JB's going down mark my words!
For all we know, the shoes he gets are still made in Italy while the stuff we get is glued in China.  

Doubt it...quality isnt in JB is wht way of the world now its all about what u can get away with

JB puts quality in every other shoe on the line but the retros and thats a fact
They feel that they dont need 2 put quality in retros due 2 the high demand factor,attitude and the inability of resiting by the buying public

Originally Posted by eltouha

wait.... did he say slavery?

I did not compare jordans to slavery.. calm down. I was referring to someones ITS POINTLESS TO FIGHT BACK style attitude. saying that if everyone had that attitude, wrongs would never get made right.

Back
Top Bottom