If Kanye's next album is a classic, is he the GOAT?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

You didn't think that Stillmatic/Untitled were incredible?
he said first 4 albums, and named them.

I think stillmatic was a good album, still play it, untitled, not sure, I'm used to "theme" albums from underground rappers that stay on topic from intro to outro

Originally Posted by viiheaven

K-I-SS-I-N-G

Im a big Nas fan but this ###+ right here is something even I can't save
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPioneer

K-I-SS-I-N-G

Im a big Nas fan but this ###+ right here is something even I can't save
laugh.gif
What?! I think this is a great song. Actually listen to the KanYe remix of this (I think its called Can't Nobody, sounds way better)

No favor for a favor on I Am...
nerd.gif

To the original question... Im gonna go with no. But that's not denying that he is still great at what he does.

What?! I think this is a great song. Actually listen to the KanYe remix of this (I think its called Can't Nobody, sounds way better)
happy.gif

Spoiler [+]
naw, jp, I think Nas is obviously the better artist, but his albums are so underwhelming and disappointing as opposed to Kanye's, which are just the opposite

Kanye is a unique talent, that won't be duplicated anytime in the future.

He has four straight classic albums. Gradution is his best all around album (In my opinion).

Already greatest rapper/producer. First ballot Hall of Famer.
glasses.gif

Why do fans of Rap/Hip Hop always feel the need to rate rappers in numbered order?
I dont think any other genre of music has this infatuation with rating in this manner.

Other than people putting their favorite rappers in order from greatest to least (which btw is subjective), what does this accomplish?
Different people will always have different opinions, I dont see how you guys can always argue this as if youre ever going to convince anyone to change their favorite rapper.
This whole concept is just dumb.

Spoiler [+]
Kanye is GOAT

So 808's is a classic now? I learn something new everyday here in the music forum

Spoiler [+]
lock this !!%$ up

Last point, cuz I'm not visiting this thread anymore.

Kanye & Nas are completely different rappers. In fact, Nas is honestly the most different rapper to be successful in the mainstream. He should probably have a smaller fanbase as it is.

Kanye makes music that anyone can listen to. You can't say the same about Nas. He is a rapper's rapper. Kanye makes great music, Nas is poetic, I can't say the same for 'Ye. The same argument goes for Jay vs. Nas ..except that the argument makes sense between Jay & Nas.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Kanye is a unique talent, that won't be duplicated anytime in the future.

He has four straight classic albums. Gradution is his best all around album (In my opinion).

Already greatest rapper/producer. First ballot Hall of Famer.
glasses.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Diego

Why do fans of Rap/Hip Hop always feel the need to rate rappers in numbered order?
I dont think any other genre of music has this infatuation with rating in this manner.
You'd be surprised man... those classic rock guys get HEATED over Zeppelin vs. Beatles vs. Pink Floyd vs. Rolling Stones vs. Beach Boys.

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

You'd be surprised man... those classic rock guys get HEATED over Zeppelin vs. Beatles vs. Pink Floyd vs. Rolling Stones vs. Beach Boys.
No one ever includes the Beach Boys in that discussion.  But I have heard some epic Zep vs Metallica arguments.  The Beatles vs. the Stones comes up alot but the Beach Boys and Pink Floyd do not really belong in that conversation.

^Ruh Roh!
See what you started Diego?
*DEAD* @ "GFOAT".Yo I see what you did there SplashySplash.

Other than people putting their favorite rappers in order from greatest to least (which btw is subjective), what does this accomplish?
Different people will always have different opinions, I dont see how you guys can always argue this as if youre ever going to convince anyone to change their favorite rapper.
This whole concept is just dumb.

Spoiler [+]
Kanye is GOAT
Thats the entire music forum lol.  Its just an ongoing arguement of who is better.  I have just come to accept that and play along.

Also College Dropout was a classic.  No doubt that album is off the hook.  But Late Registration was like pretty good.  Graduation was better il give you 10/10 on that.  But 808's was a complete hit or miss album and let me tell you it missed me.  I thought that album was pretty bad.  So GOAT no way.  I think GOAT producer could be argued.

BTW Lupe will retire GOAT just wait.  (Touch the Sky (mixtape that was going to be an album so i count it), Food and Liquor, The Cool, Lasers)

This cannot be a serious topic. Dude had one incredible 5 star album. And its been downhill since. It makes me wonder if some of you were older enough appreciate the likes of Pac and Big... when considering a guy like KaNYE goat? Dude isn't even top 10 currentlty. SMFH

I don't even know what to say, way too much stupidity going on in this thread for me to even wrap my head around it.

Back
Top Bottom