If Kanye's next album is a classic, is he the GOAT?

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Originally Posted by viiheaven

K-I-SS-I-N-G

Im a big Nas fan but this ###+ right here is something even I can't save
laugh.gif
What?! I think this is a great song. Actually listen to the KanYe remix of this (I think its called Can't Nobody, sounds way better)

The hook is so @@#@$++ horrible in my opinion that I can't listen to it even though the verses are pretty much on point (as always).
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

I don't even know what to say, way too much stupidity going on in this thread for me to even wrap my head around it.

this!!

How can Kanye be the GOAT when he has released four albums of consistently descending quality? 808's a classic? A CLASSIC? I know this is the NT music forum but you guys can't be serious.

yea 808s is crack... idunno what yall talkin bout wit that... his worst albums is by far graduation...

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

yea 808s is crack... idunno what yall talkin bout wit that... his worst albums is by far graduation...

Graduation is a masterpiece. ok maybe masterpiece is excessive but i do think it's a great album and wont get its due from 'hardcore' critics for another couple of years. i think some people are put off by it cause it was a victory lap of sorts for Ye, still a great piece of work though.

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

His first four albums > anyone else's first four albums

When did Ye drop anything better than RD, Vol. 1-3?

just beacuse you LOVE that +%*$ don't mean everybody else do, acting like Vol. 1-3 are untouchable
roll.gif

College Dropout = RD
Late Registration > Vol. 1
Graduation = Vol. 2
808s < Vol. 3

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

just beacuse you LOVE that #!#@ don't mean everybody else do, acting like Vol. 1-3 are untouchable
roll.gif

College Dropout = RD
Graduation = Vol. 2
808s < Vol. 3

Blasphemy!

Originally Posted by rock55asu

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Originally Posted by Diego

Why do fans of Rap/Hip Hop always feel the need to rate rappers in numbered order?
I dont think any other genre of music has this infatuation with rating in this manner.
You'd be surprised man... those classic rock guys get HEATED over Zeppelin vs. Beatles vs. Pink Floyd vs. Rolling Stones vs. Beach Boys.
No one ever includes the Beach Boys in that discussion.  But I have heard some epic Zep vs Metallica arguments.  The Beatles vs. the Stones comes up alot but the Beach Boys and Pink Floyd do not really belong in that conversation.
No man, people very often debate Beach Boys vs. Beatles. They claim the Beach Boys' harmonies and melodic arrangements are the best of all time. It's from 2002, but look at this forum thread and how many people heavily favor the Beach Boys. Personally, I believe that the Beatles are the GOAT, but many, many people disagree. Also you absolutely can't say Pink Floyd doesn't belong.

And don't get me started on the dudes obsessed with Phish and Grateful Dead... that gets thrown in quite a bit as well. Although they're usually too high to say more than, "their music is just chill"
laugh.gif

i dont even hold RD in the same regard as some of you "purists" do, but cuzzo up there just said college dropout is better than RD ... ... ... ... cant wait until recovery drops ...

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

i dont even hold RD in the same regard as some of you "purists" do, but cuzzo up there just said college dropout is better than RD ... ... ... ... cant wait until recovery drops ...

who did? certainly not me.

just beacuse you LOVE that +%*$ don't mean everybody else do, acting like Vol. 1-3 are untouchable
roll.gif

College Dropout = RD
Graduation = Vol. 2
808s < Vol. 3

2e1acz9.gif

It certainly isnt on the same level.

It certainly isnt on the same level.

there are a lot of people out there who would disagree with that. they're not even really comparable imo, two different eras, two different types of albums, etc. but they're for damn sure both classics, please tell me why CD isn't on the same level as RD as a piece of music.

obviously this *#@! is all opinion, some people are going to prefer everything Jay has ever done over anything Kanye will ever do and vice versa. but i just don't see what makes the filler laden Volumes 1-3 exceptionally better than College Dropout, Late Registration, or Graduation.

If Kanye drops another classic Consequnce would def be in consideration for GOAT

PS this thread is living proof why hiphop is dying

Back
Top Bottom