If Rihanna keeps up the current pace, will she go down as one of the GOATs?

What am I reading......

First of all, as an "artist" I have always at the very least considered, cause you're going to say things like KanYe produces and "sings" whereas JAY does not, that is fine, but its still no. It does however vault him over other artists that are better rappers than him, just not Hov.

Body of work? CHILL it is nowhere close. You have the nerve to call BP3 trash when 808s and Graduation are bad. I just listeneded to Graduation yesterday and I must have hit the skip track button on my ipod at least 6 times. KanYe also has no classics. MBDTF and LR are his best albums, theyre great but classics? No sir.

Live shows and tours... JAY-Z is the best live rapper of all time, no one draws the crowd in like he does, hes one of the few rappers who doesnt have the words playing behind him, and unlike KanYe he does not mess up. The amount of times I've seen KanYe jumble over his own lyrics and end up mumbling is insane. If you went to the WTT tour the gap between them was very obvious. KanYe wasnt putting on a show like Hov did, and Hov doesnt even use theatrics.

KanYe had a huge role in the Blueprint yes, but who was the driving force behind KanYes rapping career period? Shawn Corey? Yeah Shawn Corey.

KanYe as a musical artist will never hold a candle to JAY-Z. He may very well end up being more influential in other areas, Hov doesnt care about clothes and shoes like that anymore, but music? Nah B. No way no how.
yeah. stopped reading right here.
Well then you missed out. It was a real solid post.

Y'all just gon derail dudes thread like that huh? :lol:

Even Rhi Rhi using that Chief Keef flow :lol:

No not in MJ, Prince, James Brown, or Whitney's class. She could be mentioned along the Madonna's, Janet Jackson's, and Britney's though.

Would definitely agree with this post. Shawty only 24 I believe? She's running the game right now.

Only puzzling thing is she only does 150,000+ first week when she releases a record. I'm confused by that because she is the face of Pop right now.

That's crazy to me to that she doesn't sell that much even in this downloading era. You would think white chicks would rush to buy her music.

Like others have said she'll probably be urban version of Britney w/o the craziness hopefully. She damn sure ain't Janet.

Best at what? Pop artist? Probably. As an overall artist, not a chance. She's virtually talentless. She doesn't write and can't sing.

If she didn't have the benefit of the machine she has behind her, she would have faded into obscurity like many pop artists before her.

One of the best pop artists.

You people act like Madonna was great vocally.

People never get love till they gone. Rihanna keeps this up into her early 30s and she'll definitely have her place in music history.

Jay-z makes better music than Kanye and will go down as a great..but as far as an icon.. idk.. Hov doesn't have the same amount as stans as 'Ye

I really was going to make a thread about Rihanna today no lie. I heard this yesterday in its entirety and it might just be her best song ever. Definitely in the top 3 with Unfaithful and whatever other song you wanna name cause I dont really know her music like that.
The most swagged out song by a female ever.

i wasnt going to give a meaningful contribution to the thread. was just going to come in, post this song, post a :pimp:, and leave ...

kanye impact was huge but it was also the beginning of the end for real hip hop.  drake, cudi, wale probably wouldn't exist which isn't a bad thing.  

look at it this way.  when kanye first came out he was consider a great producer and slightly below average rapper.  now he is considered a top tier rapper and doesnt produce as much.  kanye has not gotten any better as a rapper.  the bar in hip hop is lower than ever now and i think he played a big part in that.

Y'all just gon derail dudes thread like that huh? :lol:

Even Rhi Rhi using that Chief Keef flow :lol:
That's crazy to me to that she doesn't sell that much even in this downloading era. You would think white chicks would rush to buy her music.

Like others have said she'll probably be urban version of Britney w/o the craziness hopefully. She damn sure ain't Janet.

Yeah I don't understand it either man. I rock wit' her music.

As a rapper. Jay Z > Kanye.

As an artist. Kanye  > Jay Z.

Body of work. Kanye > Jay Z. 

Live shows and tours. Kanye > Jay Z. Glow in the Dark Tour is the greatest hip hop live performance I've ever seen. 

When people shake their heads at this statement, they will reference Reasonable Doubt and The Blueprint. Remember that Kanye played a HUGE part in the Blueprint project. I'll even say.......Kanye played a huge role in keeping Jay Z relevant from 2001 to today. 

Reasonable doubt and the Blueprint are classics to me. But still, Jay Z's body of work doesn't compare to Kanye's and it's not even close. College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, 808's (yes, even this album), MBDTF, are you guys serious? How are we gonna discuss bodies of work when Jay Z released garbage like Kingdom Come and Blueprint 3? 

I'd have to agree with most of this. Dudes hanging onto Jay-Z for dear life. It's been a passing of the guard fellas.

What am I reading......

First of all, as an "artist" I have always at the very least considered, cause you're going to say things like KanYe produces and "sings" whereas JAY does not, that is fine, but its still no. It does however vault him over other artists that are better rappers than him, just not Hov.

Body of work? CHILL it is nowhere close. You have the nerve to call BP3 trash when 808s and Graduation are bad. I just listeneded to Graduation yesterday and I must have hit the skip track button on my ipod at least 6 times. KanYe also has no classics. MBDTF and LR are his best albums, theyre great but classics? No sir.

Live shows and tours... JAY-Z is the best live rapper of all time, no one draws the crowd in like he does, hes one of the few rappers who doesnt have the words playing behind him, and unlike KanYe he does not mess up. The amount of times I've seen KanYe jumble over his own lyrics and end up mumbling is insane. If you went to the WTT tour the gap between them was very obvious. KanYe wasnt putting on a show like Hov did, and Hov doesnt even use theatrics.

KanYe had a huge role in the Blueprint yes, but who was the driving force behind KanYes rapping career period? Shawn Corey? Yeah Shawn Corey.

KanYe as a musical artist will never hold a candle to JAY-Z. He may very well end up being more influential in other areas, Hov doesnt care about clothes and shoes like that anymore, but music? Nah B. No way no how.

The points about Jay are very true but some of the stuff you said about Ye'... >D. Take a power nap, bud.

Kanye is the mj of this generation
Dudes really be believing this
laugh.gif
Who in this generation is more influential than Kanye in terms of the shifts in music climate, the fashion, etc. . . .

Son Cam'ron had grown men an boys wearing pink. Hov single handedly killed jerseys and had dudes rocking button ups.

Kanyes fashion impact? Them stupid glasses. An as far as music, he got hot beats. But he ain revolutionize nothin. Y

kanye impact was huge but it was also the beginning of the end for real hip hop.  drake, cudi, wale probably wouldn't exist which isn't a bad thing.  

look at it this way.  when kanye first came out he was consider a great producer and slightly below average rapper.  now he is considered a top tier rapper and doesnt produce as much.  kanye has not gotten any better as a rapper.  the bar in hip hop is lower than ever now and i think he played a big part in that.

:smh:

Son Cam'ron had grown men an boys wearing pink. Hov single handedly killed jerseys and had dudes rocking button ups.

Kanyes fashion impact? Them stupid glasses. An as far as music, he got hot beats. But he ain revolutionize nothin. Y
But jerseys came back . . . hard. Cam's influence fell off as soon as Dipset did . . .

What are the odds that dudes stop wearing slimmer clothes and brighter colors in the next 5 years . . .

Real Hip Hop? Come on man, we still doing this ****?

Kayne is better than Hov?
Late Registration isn't a classic?
Where is Ja Rule to make sense of all this?

But jerseys came back . . . hard. Cam's influence fell off as soon as Dipset did . . .​

What are the odds that dudes stop wearing slimmer clothes and brighter colors in the next 5 years . . .​
other rappers had a hand in that (wayne, jim/juelz, pharrell, etc)

and i have a huge problem with putting rihanna in the same category as janet. :smh:

control and rhythm nation >>>>>> rihanna's catalog IMO.

Rihanna doesn't put out anything but hits though... Pretty much every single she makes goes straight to #1.

She may not be very talented but she sure knows what appeals to the crowd.

Edit: Strong thread derail and that Pour It Up song goes 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Rihanna has strong management behind her. Rihanna is a business. She has very little music talent (song writing, instruments.) I personally like her voice, its unique.

But Rihanna's success is a result of good management and :

-The Dream

-Calvin Harris

-Sia

-Stargate

Back
Top Bottom