If You Are Looking for/Interested In Working With The Federal Government...Come In. Positions Availa

All Trump is doing is fulfilling campaign promises. this freeze and the ban on Muslims are only lasting a few months. I believe he will be gunning for contractors at some point. As long as he keeps Small Business his focus Im we should be good.

All Trump is doing is fulfilling campaign promises. this freeze and the ban on Muslims are only lasting a few months. I believe he will be gunning for contractors at some point. As long as he keeps Small Business his focus Im we should be good.
The hiring/pay freeze lasts 90 days...Which is suppose to give OPM and the Dept. of Labor time to figure out how to save money. If anything, I would think that this would benefit Federal contractors because they owners would get paid for more contracts and jobs would be filled by civilians. But idk, I enjoy working as a contractor...but the uncertainty when it comes to the bidding process and who is awarded what, is nerve wrecking.

As far as the ban on Muslims or the funding of the wall...Yeah, I have no idea how that'll turn out for him lol.

If there is a freeze why are all these posts still up on usajobs? Are they allowed to accept applications during the freeze? Ish is wild :smh:

The hiring/pay freeze lasts 90 days...Which is suppose to give OPM and the Dept. of Labor time to figure out how to save money. If anything, I would think that this would benefit Federal contractors because they owners would get paid for more contracts and jobs would be filled by civilians. But idk, I enjoy working as a contractor...but the uncertainty when it comes to the bidding process and who is awarded what, is nerve wrecking.

As far as the ban on Muslims or the funding of the wall...Yeah, I have no idea how that'll turn out for him lol.

Directly from the memo

"Contracting outside the Government to circumvent the intent of this memorandum shall not be permitted"

Memo expressly says that contractors can not be used.

If there is a freeze why are all these posts still up on usajobs? Are they allowed to accept applications during the freeze? Ish is wild :smh:

According to the memo, executive agencies are not allowed to fill vacant positions after NOON 22nd JAN 2017. It didn't stop agencies from advertising and sending out Tentative Offers, they just cant bring you on board. It can take 90 days from a Tentative Offer to Final Offer. Its business as usual, we just not letting folks actually start.

Last edited:
This Muslim ban is ridiculous. Now middle eastern countries are banning US citizen entry.

Curious how that is going to work with overseas positions. Just applied for a position with April deployment 
mean.gif

Any tips/links on preparing a gov't resume? I know they usually want everything, but I honestly can't remember timelines or details from the petty retail or UPS jobs I did during school.

Any tips/links on preparing a gov't resume? I know they usually want everything, but I honestly can't remember timelines or details from the petty retail or UPS jobs I did during school.

Everything that pertains to the job your applying for.

Everything that pertains to the job your applying for.

Expounding upon this, if applying through USA jobs, peep the assessment questionnaire before you apply and tailor your experience to the questions/use the verbiage. Create your resume through USAJobs and do this for each different series you apply for. It also helps to Google the job series code, you'll see those OPM pdf documents literally outlining all the qualifications and duties necessary for the series you're applying for. That helps with wording and verbiage for the resume parsing.

Last edited:
Do not put irrelevant jobs on your resume. Not even for fed, it doesn't make sense.

Worry about timelines and such of part time/irrelevant jobs when its background investigation time.

Info on the Phoenix AZ gig? :nerd:

Logistics/Purchasing Contractor
6 month contract

Logistics/Purchasing - 75% logistics / 25% purchasing

Responsibilities:

Coordinate the domestic and international shipment of finished goods, from the recollection until the delivery at the customer location, including follow up with carries and brokers. Provide documentation and information to our Customer about the status of the shipment and support for the custom process. Generate Certificates of Origin for the finish good product. Coordinate the shipments of GENEX or CAPEX materials, the recollection, transport and import process, ensuring the material arrives on time to our facility. Responsible for the Purchase of General Expenses materials or services as well as the Capital Expenses Assets. Manage distribution capabilities, quality processes and corrective action procedures. Stay current and look for opportunities to improve repair and return management practices by benchmarking top level companies.

Qualifications:
*5+ years of experience in logistics and Purchasing
*Must have experience working with international shipments, INCOTERMs & familiarity with the import/export process.
*SAP experience preferred.
*Exceptional customer service and communication skills.

Note: Please allow me to reiterate that I chose to contact you either because your resume had been posted to one of the internet job sites to which we subscribe, or you had previously submitted your resume to Axelon. I assumed that you are either looking for a new employment opportunity, or you are interested in investigating the current job market.

If you are not currently seeking employment, or if you would prefer I contact you at some later date, please indicate your date of availability so that I may honor your request. In any event, I respectfully recommend you continue to avail yourself to the employment options and job market information we provide with our e-mail notices.

Thank you,
Justin Tredo
Recruiter
Axelon Services Corporation
44 Wall Street 18th Floor
New York, NY 10005
Phone: (212) 306-0193
Fax : (212) 306-0191
[email protected]

For more job opportunities: www.axelon.com

Rivera INC has an offering at Ft Sill for Securtity INformation Systems Engineer, they're converting DIACAP to RMF, whatever that means. I did a preliminary phone interview I thought went well but I think they're going to hire my friend/former coworker because they gave him his in person interview today and I havn't heard back all of the suddens. They were supposed to give him a technical interview but he said they just went easy and talked about what he does now so sounds like they reached out to the other SILL guy and asked him, since he knows and has worked with both of us and he recommended him. Would have been 85k

Rivera INC has an offering at Ft Sill for Securtity INformation Systems Engineer, they're converting DIACAP to RMF, whatever that means. I did a preliminary phone interview I thought went well but I think they're going to hire my friend/former coworker because they gave him his in person interview today and I havn't heard back all of the suddens. They were supposed to give him a technical interview but he said they just went easy and talked about what he does now so sounds like they reached out to the other SILL guy and asked him, since he knows and has worked with both of us and he recommended him. Would have been 85k

DIACAP to RMF can be brutal with the wrong Agency. My previous company, Veris Group, had multiple contracts with multiple agencies transitioning from DIACAP to Risk Management Framework (RMF).

Any feds get promoted after the freeze or witness the crazy mass promotions going on right now? Or am I trippin?

DIACAP to RMF can be brutal with the wrong Agency. My previous company, Veris Group, had multiple contracts with multiple agencies transitioning from DIACAP to Risk Management Framework (RMF).

I don't know what exactly it means lol. I didn't get the job anyways, they went with the other dude. The current guy, and me and the other perspective all know each other and worked together before so congrats to him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom