IF YOU HAD TO PICK ONE ....DUNGEON FAMILY .......WUTANG CLAN

Damn Brolic. I'm out of reps.

You da man doe. Good looks on the pics.

As much as I love this jam

I'm rollin with the W. I wore the clothes and rapped the rhymes.

Some of y'all are forgetting that the Dungeon Family had that rugged and raw **** as well as their smooth funky side. They were more versatile than they are given credit for.

Last edited:
This thread honestly makes me wanna go back and listen to a lot if DF stuff. I think they're underappreciated as a whole. Plus, it's second nature to listen to the Wu. It's never a day that I don't listen to them.

I'd choose Wu Tang easy, but DF's roster just shows how underutilized they are/were as a whole. So many great talents for only one album. Meanwhile, Cee-Lo forgot he raps, and 3K drops 3 verses every year while wearing a kilt and playing a banjo....

Cee-Lo's first two albums were ****** ridiculous, nobody brings up the greatness of those joints

^Thats a shame too, his first solo was incredible, and I still keep a good number if those songs in rotation. But moving for that pop money made a lot of people forget how great of a rapper he is. Most of his fans now know him as the guy from The Voice who has a daughter from Sweet 16, and made "Crazy".

Too easy for me.

I think Big Gip, cee lo and sleepy brown are hot garbage. Even with cee lo and sleepy present  you know Andre would try to  sing for half the album anyway.

Dudes are acting like DF ain't got spitters. :smh:

Peep Killer Mike on this one. :x

Peep Big Boi on this one. :x Killer Mike opens this track up with FIRE. Tell me I'm lying and then tell me he can't see anyone in the Wu-Tang.

Some of y'all are sleeping. Besides the fact that DF has proven spitters, and this is coming from a Wu-Tang fan, look at who had more of an influence on hip hop as a crew. Let's go with simple name recognition and I love Wu-Tang, but Outkast ALONE is more recognizable than the Wu Tang. Ask your mom how many Wu-Tang members she can name, then ask her if she knows who Big Boi, Andre 3000 and Cee Lo are.

Last edited:
To be fair, none of the Wu members exploded to the stratosphere like Big Boi, 3K, and Cee-Lo. 3K and Cee-Lo are easily recognizable now because of movies, The Voice, and Cee-Lo's most recent pop related endeavors. It's been years since any Wu member has had sustained success and shine on a large scale.

^ those guys mentioned above have commercial success, but still not touching the Wu if I had to pick one.

Run the Jewels is a awesome album BTW. Never really recognized Killer Mike as part of DF though.

Back
Top Bottom