If you intend to represent NikeTalk - please represent the values and integrity we stand for. Perso

For all of those who kept going to the yuku address during the changeover, here is what was up at the plain old niketalk.com address before the site went up. I first saw it and was thinking :nthat: then screenshotted it for safe keeping :lol: anyway for those who missed it:

I had meetings all day at VCU last couple days, immediately going home, doing the family thing, and crashing, so I missed all that happen as it was going on live.
But, here is my main beef (which I have shared on Facebook with other "pre-2001" members from the D.C. area)...
I'm all for competition. I'm all for the "more options is better" line. For all the members here who weren't here way back when, Niketalk experienced this before when Steve of "instyleshoes" made a proposal to "buy" NT for "free99" over 10 years ago... After being denied, he used the skeleton of NT to create instyleshoes. Thus, this is nothing new for the powers that be here.
HOWEVER, to intentionally take all the hours, *volunteer work*, manpower, information, posts, rules, templates and decisions (even as far as keeping banned members banned) to create an identical site and claim it as THEE one is foul... Foul beyond comprehension.
To attempt to sway and recruit the same volunteer "employees" to the copycat site is even worst.
It's a #FAIL trying to claim McDOWELL'S is the "real" McDonald's. People will instantly react emotionally to such fraud.
Give me a break.

It is post like these that would give the NT book some weight. Knowledge and informative for a lot of the newer members. A VCU grad appreciates this. This move has forced me to appreciate the long time members and screennames I have been seing for the last decade.

Sanjay has got to be shook. I read in their investor profile that Yuku gets over 200 million view a year and I don't doubt that Niketalk is a significant portion of those views. I don't see him sticking with Sneakertalk for long but he has to do something in order to make up for lost revenue

I was thinking, since a lot of the "online sneaker magazine" sites also get in here and even use content created on NT, maybe we should hit them up so they can post about whats going on to alert lurkers or ppl still in the dark?

I am neither pro or con any one site over another, as all have their shortcomings, but I am finding these events to be very interesting. Nike Talk is indeed Nike Talk, and nobody should own it other than the people who created it. That is truth, but while watching those who show loyalty through certain actions, threats, hacking attempts, research, profanity directed toward people who are deemed the enemy, it makes one wonder about what was tolerated by management on both ends in the past, and then if some people simply spend way too much time on the internet, period. Sure Nike Talk has provided a source of entertainment for many people, and Nike Talk did serve as inspiration for many similar sites, sneaker reviewers and the like, but watching the reactions, and then the fact that Method Man's having to, then having power to be able to tell cats to be cool, is quite telling about this community, of which I am keeping to myself, but I am sure that others who are sharp, are seeing it as well.

People are reacting extremely because for many of us niketalk has been our home site for years many of us came of age as members of this site .This site has helped people launch careers,meet friends,educate ,entertain and create a sense of belonging that many other sites can't do .We are the oldest and longest lasting sneaker forum and site of the Internet .We have been here for over a decade we helped create many sites ,businesses etc.This site is like family through all the conflicts ,deaths and disputes niketalk never died or faltered .Even our banned brothers still live this site and it's community .This site is like an old hbcu it has a history that is respected and revered.

We should all log back in and edit all of our posts to say niketalk.com. That way they don't even have the content that made NT what it is anymore.

It has come to my attention that, late last night, an individual began posting publicly available information about CrowdGather's executives, along with links to personal facebook pages and even the CEO's home address. Other users then attempted to make use of this information to harass those they considered responsible for hijacking niketalk.yuku.com and everything you posted to the forums we've run in good faith for over a dozen years.

Make no mistake: such behavior is disgraceful to NikeTalk. It is an absolute affront to common decency, respect, and civility.

smh. :smh::smh: Wow, this is an illegal act that can be escalated to the federal level.

Thanks for posting this Meth. Keep it real my man.

Back
Top Bottom