IL Woman Found Dead in TX Jail vol. #WhatHappenedToSandraBland

Just one day after Sandra Bland was found dead in her jail cell in Texas, another young black woman, Kindra Chapman, was found in eerily similar circumstances in a jail cell in Alabama.

The 18-year-old was arrested July 14 on accusations she stole a cell phone, according to AL.com. She was booked just before 6:30 p.m. and found unresponsive in her cell at 7:50 p.m. Like Bland, authorities have blamed Chapman’s death on suicide by hanging. Like Bland, Chapman’s family said the teen had a full and happy life and do not believe she committed suicide. Like Bland, Black Lives Matter activists have joined her family in demanding answers.

In an email to AL.com, Chapman’s mother, Kathy Brady, said she believes police killed her daughter, and that she wasn’t notified of Chapman’s death until 9 p.m.

Other family members who spoke with reporters said Chapman wouldn’t have killed herself.

“I want answers, like where was she for 45 minutes,” her cousin Otis Chapman asked local station WBRC. “There’s surveillance all around… She would not harm herself at all… In my heart, she wouldn’t do nothing like that.”

Chapman wore a bed sheet around his neck because authorities said his cousin was found hanged by a bed sheet. He was protesting at the jail because he didn’t want Chapman’s death to get “swept under the rug.” A “Black Lives Matter” banner could be seen behind him.

“She had family that loved her. She had unconditional love from all around,” her aunt Leslie Chapman told the station. “She would never do nothing like that, she was happy.”

Six Black Lives Matter protesters were arrested Tuesday for stopping nearby highway traffic to protest Chapman’s death, AL.com reports.

Jefferson County D.A. Brandon Falls told AL.com he has preliminary evidence to deliver to Chapman’s family, but he hasn’t been able to get in touch with them.

“I do not feel that it would be appropriate to release any information until I have spoken with the family about the investigation,” he said in a Tuesday statement. “Attempts have been made to contact the family and the attorneys, and I am awaiting a response from them.”

Falls said his office has reports of the offense that led to Chapman’s arrest and reports from the officers on duty at the time of her death, along with the reports of the investigating detective, according to AL.com. They also have video surveillance tapes from several cameras at Homewood City Jail, where Chapman was jailed, and a witness statement from a person in custody at the same time she was.

Chapman’s death is being compared to that of 28-year-old Bland, who was found dead in her jail cell in Waller County, Texas on Monday. Bland was stopped by a Texas state trooper Sunday afternoon for changing lanes without signalling.

Bland’s family has also said they believe the young woman, who was moving from a Chicago suburb to Texas for a new job, had too much to live for and was killed. Authorities said Bland committed suicide by hanging herself with a plastic bag.

The FBI and Texas Rangers have launched their own investigations into Bland’s death and her family has had an independent autopsy performed, the results of which have not yet been released. Details emerging about events leading up to her death seem to show impropriety by law enforcement, including excessive force and what many believe to be doctoring of police car dashcam footage.

Man I've had my altercations with traffic police. One of them involving an accident that my girl was in when I was younger, I felt so powerless. Old dude spazzed on me for no reason. I approached him with respect too. Ironically two minority cops were there as well and didn't say a word. :smh:
black cops cant be for black people.. they reprimand them for treating their kind like humans.

Loud and wrong champ.

roll.gif
mean.gif
What do you find so funny?  Because Sandra Bland shouldn't have been arrested in the first place means we should automatically assume she was murdered?  The alleged editing of the dashcam video has absolutely nothing to do with what happened afterwards while she was in jail.  Unless the video that shows the area immediately outside her cell (which showed no one coming or going) was also edited, what evidence is there that she was murdered and didn't commit suicide?   Absent any evidence, all you have is speculation and conspiracy theories.

:smh: smh this whole situation is messed up man
It's being speculated that she was already dead in her mugshot :smh:

RIP :frown:

mean.gif
smh this whole situation is messed up man
It's being speculated that she was already dead in her mugshot
mean.gif

RIP
frown.gif
I agree that the whole situation is completely messed up, and also think the officer is the one who escalated the situation resulting in an improper arrest of Sandra Bland.

However, while I do think that the circumstances surrounding her death are odd, I haven't seen any concrete evidence to support the theory that she was murdered.  If she was found hanging with a plastic garbage can liner around her neck, and her cause of death was asphyxia, she should have ligature marks around her neck, and more importantly, blood shot eyes which are a tell tale sign of death by asphyxia.  I see neither in her mugshot photo.  To suggest that the following mugshot photo was taken after her death is not only a stretch, but creepy as hell.

mean.gif
smh this whole situation is messed up man
It's being speculated that she was already dead in her mugshot
mean.gif

RIP
frown.gif
I agree that the whole situation is completely messed up, and also think the officer is the one who escalated the situation resulting in an improper arrest of Sandra Bland.

However, while I do think that the circumstances surrounding her death are odd, I haven't seen any concrete evidence to support the theory that she was murdered.  If she was found hanging with a plastic garbage can liner around her neck, and her cause of death was asphyxia, she should have ligature marks around her neck, and more importantly, blood shot eyes which are a tell tale sign of death by asphyxia.  I see neither in her mugshot photo.  To suggest that the following mugshot photo was taken after her death is not only a stretch, but creepy as hell.
Had to dig through the memory banks to remember this dude...

Don't even waste your time

Really hope there's some justice for her. I doubt it will happen though. We already know how this will play out :smh:

What I want to know is, what will history books say about all of this 50 years from now? Will it bring up all of these unnecessary murders against the black community? Will it talk about race relations in 2015? We need to make sure this stuff never goes away.

not generally a conspiracy theorist but shes def already dead in that picture... ive read enough and seen enough actual science to be ok believing that. cover up from the jump. hope theres another Ferguson there and all involved rot for eternity

If it wasnt suicide. ..what do yall think happened?

I'm curious to hear what others think about this too.  Although there weren't any cameras inside the cell, there were cameras immediately outside the cell and the adjourning room.  Unless there's footage of someone going in and out of the cell shortly before she was found dead, which I don't think there is based on what I've read, the notion that she was murdered seems like a conspiracy theory to me.

Now, that's completely separate from the fact that she shouldn't have even been arrested in the first place.

That assumes the footage was unedited. They've already released the dash cam video of the initial arrest and lied about it being edited... No technical difficulty in the world would result in the splicing of that video on top of the encoding errors.

I'm sayin, the video editing was worse than the Zapruder film. Unless the truck driver could teleport and the car driving had a flux capacitor on the fritz, the video was chopped (and screwed).

The speculation that was she dead in the mugshot is zany but not dismissable. I put nothing past these people at this point man.

And now we have another woman dead while in police custody. We're dying and being blamed for it.

Woman slice their wrist for suicide so someone will clean the up..... normally

Men hang themselves becuase they want to be seen

At least this whatbi learned in psychology

Loud and wrong champ.
Whenever i seen a black LEO go against the grain he/she got reprimanded or they lost the badge.. same goes for a good cop going against the bad cops..thats why the blue line of silence is soo serious..

Really hope there's some justice for her. I doubt it will happen though. We already know how this will play out
mean.gif

What I want to know is, what will history books say about all of this 50 years from now? Will it bring up all of these unnecessary murders against the black community? Will it talk about race relations in 2015? We need to make sure this stuff never goes away.
if black people dont build their economy soon, we will become a permanent underclass 50 years from now..:frown:

Really hope there's some justice for her. I doubt it will happen though. We already know how this will play out :smh:

if black people dont build their economy soon, we will become a permanent underclass 50 years from now..:frown:

True but to answer his question. The history books will say whatever they want it to say. Look at them now in regards to slavery, hell some of em even go as far as to say that the slaves enjoyed slavery and didn't want it to end.

But you're right we have to build our economy. I don't see how areas could in the past w/ limited resources and we can't with ample resources.

True but to answer his question. The history books will say whatever they want it to say. Look at them now in regards to slavery, hell some of em even go as far as to say that the slaves enjoyed slavery and didn't want it to end.

But you're right we have to build our economy. I don't see how areas could in the past w/ limited resources and we can't with ample resources.
heres the difference.... back then we were limited to practice group economics.. now with integration we give our money to everyone else under the false ilusion that others do the same with our businesses..

heres the difference.... back then we were limited to practice group economics.. now with integration we give our money to everyone else under the false ilusion that others do the same with our businesses..

Oh, I know that, it's just crazy when u look at it. But I guess there are more distractions now too. U got 10 people telling you about group economics and then u have 10,000 people telling you about Meek Mill having his period on Twitter.

the beginning of the end of Black Wall Street....

Once we were allowed to patronize stores outside of our own, we pretty much abandoned the black owned stores. 

She might have committed suicide

but there will be justice in the fact that that police department will be torn apart and restructured.

and they will probably end up paying that family millions.

As far as history books? Texas' history books are erasing slavery from them.

So new information that was being discussed last night on the news is that she filled out paperwork stating she attempted suicide previously.

They even found discrepancies with the paperwork....so that is questionable in itself

But lets say she did attempt suicide previously...if she documented it on paper, they should have took the necessary precautions with a suicidal inmate.

They still are responsible even if Sandra killed herself. They failed and violated her from the moment she was pulled over to her death.

the beginning of the end of Black Wall Street....

Once we were allowed to patronize stores outside of our own, we pretty much abandoned the black owned stores. 

Yup, human nature to want what u can't have.

Add me to the group who thinks she is already dead and laying on the ground in her mugshot. Look at the floor in the video. The left side of his face is hanging, you can see up her nose entirely and her braids are all hanging back.

Back
Top Bottom