I'll admit i have a lot more respect for Dirk now

Originally Posted by allen3xis

The thing that pisses me off no other player has accomplished as much as Dirk except for Shaq, Duncan and maybe Kob
Active players? ...Add AI and Kidd to that list for starters

My fault I meant to say more.
But even with that being said he never gets the shine that neither one of them get.

Originally Posted by Mr Supreme Stussy

Dude is not beating the Hornets. Put money on that.

How much would you like to bet?

The thing that pisses me off no other player has accomplished as much as Dirk except for Shaq, Duncan and maybe Kobe(unless he takes this team to the Finals I still won't agree)yet he never gets shine for it.
Allen-Iverson-pictures-photos-0001.jpg_595.jpg

nets43_resize.jpg

v041225A.jpg

wade7_300_060620.jpg

All these guys took their teams to the finals with hardly any supporting cast. Dirk has played with Nash, Howard, Terry, Antawn Jamison, Michael Finley,Stackhouse, Harris and now Jason Kidd but still hasn't got the job done. Let's not forget the Mavs are always among the league leaders in payroll

With that being said, I think the Mavs will beat the Hornets in 7 but then lose in the 2nd round.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Mr Supreme Stussy

Dude is not beating the Hornets. Put money on that.

laugh.gif
, I sure hope you put yours on it. I'm not a gambling man, but Dirk is one of the most motivated men in the League right now.
He should be..... not that you'll argue against that face, but you get the point.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

The thing that pisses me off no other player has accomplished as much as Dirk except for Shaq, Duncan and maybe Kobe(unless he takes this team to the Finals I still won't agree)yet he never gets shine for it.

nets43_resize.jpg

v041225A.jpg

wade7_300_060620.jpg

All these guys took their teams to the finals with hardly any supporting cast. Dirk has played with Nash, Howard, Terry, Antawn Jamison, Michael Finley, Stackhouse, Harris and now Jason Kidd but still hasn't got the job done. Let's not forget the Mavs are always among the league leaders in payroll

With that being said, I think the Mavs will beat the Hornets in 7 but then lose in the 2nd round.

Damn I forgot about Bron.

I'm sorry you flat out can't count D.Wade period that was Shaq's team.

^^^
Shaq was invisible during their playoff run. I think he averaged like 12 and 9 during those playoffs.

^^^
Shaq was invisible during their playoff run. I think he averaged like 12 and 9 during those playoffs.
You're heading into a dead end bro. Stats don't lie, but they don't tell the whole truth. Shaq's mere presence in a game speakslouder than his numbers.

^^^

Shaq sent the Pistons home with 20 and 20 when D.Wade was "injured." He presence(and the refs) why they beat the Mavericks.

He averaged 18 and 10 that year in the playoffs as well
laugh.gif

My bad, I think I got my facts mixed up. I know you Mavs fans are still salty over D-Whistle but he still won the title with a weak supporting cast (otherthan Shaq).

My bad, I think I got my facts mixed up. I know you Mavs fans are still salty over D-Whistle but he still won the title with a weak supporting cast (other than Shaq).

Dude that cast wasn't weak. Alonzo Mourning was a beast that year, Haslem was/ is solid. James Posey would start on the Mavericks start right now andas much as I hate to admit this: Antoine Walker was productive
mad.gif

I am still mad that dude celebrated in our locker room.
mad.gif

My bad, I think I got my facts mixed up. I know you Mavs fans are still salty over D-Whistle but he still won the title with a weak supporting cast (other than Shaq).

roll.gif
Please, dude had

5_11_walker_5.jpg

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Is Toine even in the league anymore?

He's on the Twolves. Not for long I assume.

Does he play and stuff or is he just on the payroll?
He played very sparingly for awhile (probably like 5-7 mins/game) then towards the end of the season he didn't appear much at all.

This post should be done AFTER we see what he does in the playoffs.

nets43_resize.jpg

v041225A.jpg

wade7_300_060620.jpg

All these guys took their teams to the finals with hardly any supporting cast. Dirk has played with Nash, Howard, Terry, Antawn Jamison, Michael Finley, Stackhouse, Harris and now Jason Kidd but still hasn't got the job done. Let's not forget the Mavs are always among the league leaders in payroll

That logic is so flawed it made my head hurt,
laugh.gif
. Dirk Nowitzki's supporting cast has been minimal at most. Yeah sure we had Antawn, we had Nash, wehad Finley, but we never got anywhere with them. We got to the NBA Finals with a very bare squad, and went through the hardest match-up's I've seenprobably since this year. Tell me how many teams beat the Suns and the Spurs in the same Playoff series? Who? Oh yeah. Wade had Haslem, Posey, Shaq, the refs,and the rest of them dudes who played GREAT together. LeBron had a minimal cast as well, yes, but Boobie Gibson was on fire, and Big Z is still a top 5-6Center in the league, not to mention their role players stepped up huge. Jason Kidd had a dude by the name of Kenyon Martin, people forget how dominating hewas, but he was a HUGE force before he got injured. I'll give credit to Allen Iverson for getting their, his cast did suck, but you act like we have aroster full of all-star studs. We have one guy who is an All-Star year in and year out in Dirk, we now have Kidd, but Terry isn't an all-star and no wherenear it, Dampier is not even close to being considered, Josh Howard has been, in an injury ridden season, Devin Harris could be in the future (FUTURE), Nashwasn't nearly as good as he is in the Phoenix system, Antawn wasn't used to his capabilities, we've had a SOLID team, oh yeah we have. But you actlike we're the LA Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Malone and Payton.

I have no problem with people saying that we're not good enough, we're gonna lose, but to say that we got to the Finals with a stacked supporting castis wrong. NO ONE counted us into the Finals that year, no one expected us to beat the Spurs that year, no one expected us to beat the Suns after them!

Also, I've been preaching what the Original Quote says, you give me a list of players who have been more successful in the Playoffs, it's minimal,I'll tell you that. This team has made the Playoffs for how many years straight now? We've had to battle the hardest teams year in and year out (andthe Mavericks nightmare last year, the Warriors). From the Kings to the Suns to the Spurs, we've lost to them all, but you know what we've come backand beat them too (the Spurs and the Suns in the same year).

i respect him now...i used think hes a choker and overrated but he hit big shot after big shot when he pLayed the Lakers this year...he came up with that tying3 to send it to OT...then i gained my respect

I wouldn't count out the Mavs. They are a dangerous team going into the playoffs, with the team jelling just in time.
Dirk will be exposed on defense, partially because of his sprain, and partially because he is, well, Dirk.

Nonetheless, it shouldn't be considered a major upset if the Mavs beat the Hornets.

Respect for Dirk? No doubt.

Is this year's playoff run gonna be different from last year's? Nope.

Dirk has played with Nash, Howard, Terry, Antawn Jamison, Michael Finley, Stackhouse, Harris and now Jason Kidd but still hasn't got the job done.
laugh.gif
What's your point with this list?

Terry and Stackhouse have never approached an all-star level of play in Dallas. Nor did Harris or Jamison. Howard is a fringe all-star but he's probablynot one of the 20 best players in the league... Finley? Same as Howard in that he was a fringe all-star. Nash didn't have anywhere near the impact inDallas that he's had in Phoenix. Good, but not great...

People want to talk about how great Dirk's teams have been and blah blah blah, but the fact remains Dirk has never played with another bonafide star.Never. Good, solid supporting casts? Sure. But you cannot win a championship in this league without at least 2 legitimate all-star players. You can't, youwon't.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Dirk has played with Nash, Howard, Terry, Antawn Jamison, Michael Finley, Stackhouse, Harris and now Jason Kidd but still hasn't got the job done.
laugh.gif
What's your point with this list?

Terry and Stackhouse have never approached an all-star level of play in Dallas. Nor did Harris or Jamison. Howard is a fringe all-star but he's probably not one of the 20 best players in the league... Finley? Same as Howard in that he was a fringe all-star. Nash didn't have anywhere near the impact in Dallas that he's had in Phoenix. Good, but not great...

People want to talk about how great Dirk's teams have been and blah blah blah, but the fact remains Dirk has never played with another bonafide star. Never. Good, solid supporting casts? Sure. But you cannot win a championship in this league without at least 2 legitimate all-star players. You can't, you won't.
We got Jason Kidd now
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom