Im addicted to the grind and im obsessed with success, outside of that I find life boring. Suggestio

How can you actually do in LA? doesn't everything shut down at like 12?
The underground life in LA is abundant, but if your not out and down to interact with new people you will never find out.  Plus you got the whole southern part of the state to stroll from OC, San D, the Valley, IE, Palm Springs, the beaches never close, etc.  And all those places are within a 2 hour drive from greater Los Angeles.  I could go on it's to much to do and see.  Southern Cal period is unlike any other.

The underground life in LA is abundant, but if your not out and down to interact with new people you will never find out.  Plus you got the whole southern part of the state to stroll from OC, San D, the Valley, IE, Palm Springs, the beaches never close, etc.  And all those places are within a 2 hour drive from greater Los Angeles.  I could go on it's to much to do and see.  Southern Cal period is unlike any other.
word

feel the same, i'm really committed and i want to be a success in my career. i don't care about a house or spending any of the cash.

I just want a paycheck and a job title that says I'm the man to the world.

chicks i like i only wanna bang. chicks i only wanna bang like me. life blows.

lets drink the kool aid together in a couple years :smokin

What do you do for a living OP?

Even the grind can get redundant.

I feel like your addicted to the grind because you don't see a ceiling, and it's the only thing that challenges you.

Society is a puzzle, and as soon as you solve it, everything else no longer excites you (women, family, sports, etc.)
-but just because you got yourself on lock, could you help others get to that level? (family, and loved ones) That's a challenge in itself.

Thread hits close to home for me real close.
How could you be bored? Use your imaganation man. So many things in this world to do.
I don't know whats going on but dudes out here sounding like these chicks nowadays. I'm so bored entertain me. I don't think these bored types have done everything there is to do and it has to be something entertaining they haven't done or would like to do so I don't get it. From sports, gym, family/friends, reading, movies, traveling, trying new things, etc its so much to do but maybe these cats just don't have many hobbies that move them. Whatever it is hope yall dudes find something to move yall.

Wise man I swear thats me all the way..I seriously dont give a **** what the next person is doing and I feel like theres something more too life than the regular ****..I just dont know what it is

Most people just aren't living on this level and that's why you suffer. You live in a world full of complacent, simpletons. 

Boom! Depression. 

You are not the only one obviously, but finding people like you are few and far in between. You need to mentor a child or go live somewhere where the ego will die (but it's only going to further this mentality). Either way, you gotta find something that you do for YOURSELF and not for the admiration from others. Why do you think millionaires kill themselves? "People say it's lonely at the top, but I sure like the view." - Charlie Sheen. 

The difference between him and you? He has a legacy left behind, so he can spend of the rest of his life watching them prosper. They say happiness is only real when shared. I'm not saying start a family/get married, but it seems like you're lonely in your success. Stop living for status and start living for last memories to look for when you're dying. Watch Driving Miss Daisy and really think about the shhh they were goin through in the end. 

Sounds like you're having an existentialist meltdown. My ambition and pursuit of success and goals I set for myself is a big part of my life, but I just want to be financially stable enough to work and experience all that life has to offer. I want to be able to get up and travel to different countries and experience different cultures on the fly. :smokin

son get a blog...it's like when your not getting attention in your personal playboy lifestyle you come to NT for props on some wall of text. Go get yours homie and shew....

I've said this to a few people on here with similar questions/ issues, but how much time do you spend serving others? Today's culture is built around "getting yours" and the grind that we become so focused on our own appeasement and satisfaction that we forget others who could benefit from our help and experience.

Essentially, you need to find a cause that you are passionate about, nay, just start with one you care about and volunteer your time and abilities. It sounds corny but you have no idea how fulfilling it will be to focus on others for a change.

My dude Wise you are wearing a mask that you've created to succeed in life, but when you get home you gotta take the mask off. MF Doom doesn't sleep with the mask on brother. Do what makes you happy and have some me time.  Then go back to "playing the game" 

It sounds like you have a hard-time dealing with people that are different than you, which seems to be everyone. Open your mind up a little to other interests that people have, there's no way in hell your generalizations are completely true. I love reading, but, I'd rather talk to a person about their interests' and background any day. Everyone has a story to tell.

OP, burgeoning nihilist? 

Read Sartre bruh. 
laugh.gif

We're all "empty"...some of us just aren't really aware of it. OP is. 

Life is meaningless except the meaning you give it...and even then, that is ultimately meaningless.
In your world.
Ha.

Alright, buddy. 

Remember, whatever you fill your time with is just that. It lacks any meaning externally from that which you give it. 

That cave, come up out it.

Plato is back like he never left.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom