Im completely infatuated with da demise of Roc-A-Fella Records. VOL. Rome burned slow

add more complicity to the issue, jay signs a young rick Ross, who is the most discussed artrist from the death of a dynasty era. makes a short appearance in this video. Bleek discovered him, most likely still gets paid off him quality post

Wait Bleek discovered Ross? Huh?

Round here was always tough :smokin

Crazy how time flies I remember watching that joint on rap city I think :lol:

Ether

/thread
haha

good thread.
I remember i pm'd benballer back in the ezboard days and he gave me what he heard as why they broke up. I told him i posted it in on AHH.com and he said he'd never talk to me again...i was hurt.

I think Jay just decided to go the "right way " of doin business and that right way meant separating himself from liabilities of "street cats" who couldnt leave the streets behind.

I am as loyal as they come, but you have to admit that vouching for Beans (continuously) would not be the best move. I still think i (Jthagreat) would have tho.

Dame, must have crossed the line one too many times with Jay. I think its pretty telling when you see the video where i believe its Ta-Ta's birthday and Dame is tryin to get Jay to drink Hennessy, and Jay is like "we gotta show to do"...yall take that how yall want.(cant find the vid...someone find it for me)

it was lil cease's birthday.

what was the history behind the dynasty album? i remember seeing on here this whole story on it a while back :nerd:
I believe it was to be a compilation album but jay-z jacked it for himself.

On another note Jay gave them a second chance when he took over the ROC they ain't sell he cut losses and moved on

Last edited:
sigel was like the front man of the roc, but I'm a young gunz fan, and a peedi fan, 4 life..my boy beans, I wish he was smart wit his ....because he could be g.o.a.t , duke rather be in the hood getting wacked....I mean I get that real Philly street life, I live it. That south jersey Philly lifestyle...but dude coulda got out of this hellhole.

I never saw that Young Chris interview. So Beans lied about what Jay was paying Young Gunz. I remember N's was hot over that too. :lol:

i still want that dodgers varsity bleek had on in the round here vid. ross was dude in the steelers during tricks part right?

it was lil cease's birthday.

There it go, appreciate it Ninja. yall see it how i see it?

and

I believe it was to be a compilation album but jay-z jacked it for himself.

to clear this up, Jay didnt jack anything. This was originally suppose to be a compilation of Roc artists (as it came out sounding just like that for the most part) but this is right after DJ Clue's The backstage and the professional 2 which were compilations but werent exactly ROC compilations like they should/could have been.
so Throwing Jay's name on there is a business move...my whole point is wrong word choice in 'jacking'.

It still was a compilation album if you ask me. There were songs that Jay wasn't even on.

here's my question of the day. Can any of you guys post or point me in the direction of when young chris style was stolen, like ricky henderson.

Last edited:
It still was a compilation album if you ask me. There were songs that Jay wasn't even on.

thats what im saying. it was marketed as a Jay album cause you couldnt continue to put out compilations with out also giving folks a "Jay album"

theres a vid or interview which explains it better then i have but to say Jay jacked it is ...silly.

do you all EVER see Jay and Dame even interacting at some point? Like Dame went on to say some things which prolly deaded any chance of this...but still :frown:

here's my question of the day. Can even of you guys post or point me in the direction of when young chris style was stolen, like ricky henderson.

people say its the "whisper flow" from Jay's BP2 era....i didnt listen to Chris enough to be able to call it HIS flow, but folks have been sayin this for some time so it likely has some weight to it.

Last edited:
Wasn't Curren$y supposed to be riding with Dame Dash? Why did that fall apart?​

One of the best threads on NT btw . . .​

I think dame released pilot talk 2 & MCC without his permission

It was Muscle Car Chronicles and it wouldn't matter if he gave his permission or not. All material featured on the product was recorded while he was with DD172 so it wasn't his material, but Dash's. The Warner Brothers lawsuit was frivolous hence why he's trying to work it out with Damon.

to clear this up, Jay didnt jack anything. This was originally suppose to be a compilation of Roc artists (as it came out sounding just like that for the most part) but this is right after DJ Clue's The backstage and the professional 2 which were compilations but werent exactly ROC compilations like they should/could have been.
so Throwing Jay's name on there is a business move...my whole point is wrong word choice in 'jacking'.
thats what im saying. it was marketed as a Jay album cause you couldnt continue to put out compilations with out also giving folks a "Jay album"
theres a vid or interview which explains it better then i have but to say Jay jacked it is ...silly.
do you all EVER see Jay and Dame even interacting at some point? Like Dame went on to say some things which prolly deaded any chance of this...but still
frown.gif

people say its the "whisper flow" from Jay's BP2 era....i didnt listen to Chris enough to be able to call it HIS flow, but folks have been sayin this for some time so it likely has some weight to it.
I said I believe, I didn't state it as a fact. It may still be a compilation album depends on how you view it I view it as a jay album, but for

example nas QB compilation doesn't have his face on the cover just the QB chain first single being "occhie wally" with others also adding a verse

but he is on the back of the CD though.

The Dynasty: Roc La Familia is the fifth studio album released by American rapper Jay-Z.[sup][1][/sup] Its lead single, "I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me)", produced by The Neptunes

like omilio said it was to be a compilation, I meant to say jay jacked the main song for himself as a single and most count it as his album so gone

"give it 2 me".

Its crazy, all of Bleeks albums went gold, and Coming of Age sold 118k its 1st week

^Bleek really was one hit away his whole career. I don't know anybody else who was itching to blow like that

Bleek is a bum. Only good song he had was Round Here.

Son couldn't wrap leftovers.

Lets not forget young chris got his style JACKED...lol
And then all da jay-z rapper stans copied da copy...

This is very true, Jay never use to whisper in his raps until Young Chris came around. But Jay always acknowledged that he MASTERED everybody's flow so you had to expect it was only a matter of time.

sad part is if Young Chris followed the blueprint or got the push he needed, we probably wouldn't be talkin about Meek Millz as much :smh:

My only problem with Jay is he has no clue how to promote an artist. He has talent in his face and he pretty much ignores it if it doesn't benefit him in every aspect. J-Cole/Jay Electronica havent blown up on Roc Nation and somebody correct me if I'm wrong wasn't Wale down with Roc Nation too or was the a joint deal with MMG? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom