Im completely infatuated with da demise of Roc-A-Fella Records. VOL. Rome burned slow

My only problem with Jay is he has no clue how to promote an artist. He has talent in his face and he pretty much ignores it if it doesn't benefit him in every aspect. J-Cole/Jay Electronica havent blown up on Roc Nation and somebody correct me if I'm wrong wasn't Wale down with Roc Nation too or was the a joint deal with MMG?
nerd.gif
What more would you like to see Jay do for these artists? As if being signed to Roc Nation isn't enough or a highlight or a way to be highlighted, it's up to the artist to put in the work from that point. Sometimes the stars align together, sometimes they don't.

My only problem with Jay is he has no clue how to promote an artist. He has talent in his face and he pretty much ignores it if it doesn't benefit him in every aspect. J-Cole/Jay Electronica havent blown up on Roc Nation and somebody correct me if I'm wrong wasn't Wale down with Roc Nation too or was the a joint deal with MMG?
nerd.gif
Roc Nation managed/manages him and Meek Mill

My only problem with Jay is he has no clue how to promote an artist. He has talent in his face and he pretty much ignores it if it doesn't benefit him in every aspect. J-Cole/Jay Electronica havent blown up on Roc Nation and somebody correct me if I'm wrong wasn't Wale down with Roc Nation too or was the a joint deal with MMG? :nerd:

I don't see how, but then again I don't have solid proof. Word of mouth though is that Hov gives artists the same opportunity i.e. rihanna and tierra marie. Cream rises to the top. Also Hov wanted singles out of Jay Elect and Wale is only signed to a management deal with Roc Nation.

My only problem with Jay is he has no clue how to promote an artist. He has talent in his face and he pretty much ignores it if it doesn't benefit him in every aspect. J-Cole/Jay Electronica havent blown up on Roc Nation and somebody correct me if I'm wrong wasn't Wale down with Roc Nation too or was the a joint deal with MMG? :nerd:

J. Cole wouldn't blow up if you stuck dynamite up his ***. I'm convinced what little fame he does have is because of the Jay-Z co-sign

i think jay and his team did pretty well with j cole, turned a really boring rapper into a legit artist. His singles were really well, as far as sonically. His image is pretty much whatever clean,
you would think he was a r&b artist.

where his team has dropped the ball is with willow, she easily could be the female equal of justin b.

That label strong suit is management, Just look at the wiki for them. looking like violator in the hay day. RIP STOUTE

dope thread!

great to see so much info about the roc's history.

if someone knows for sure, correct me if im wrong, but never heard bleek had anything to do with discovering ross. lol i know e class/poeboy developed him in mia and never heard bleek's name come up with anything ross wise (early on or now). it'd be interesting if true, def might go asking around about it if anyone can confirm.

i dont think theres anything wrong with jay'z approach to the artists on his label-sure he's not including em or featuring em all on his tracks or jumpin on theirs but think he personally said he sits back and watches his artists evolve n make it out on their own. with a leader like jay tho, isnt that enough motivation to succeed and get his approval? lol i remember cole didnt even get jay's verse for gold watch til the last min before the album was due.

i think its interesting that roc nation manages wale and meek mill but that theyre on a diff label and "crew" entirely.

^^^ look at the video i posted like page one. in the combat jack interview bleek talks about how ross was in the studio spitting verses, and he called jay for the assist.

i think jay and his team did pretty well with j cole, turned a really boring rapper into a legit artist. His singles were really well, as far as sonically. His image is pretty much whatever clean,
you would think he was a r&b artist.
where his team has dropped the ball is with willow, she easily could be the female equal of justin b.
That label strong suit is management, Just look at the wiki for them. looking like violator in the hay day. RIP STOUTE

Have you seen her lately? :smh: As soon as the little lady got all that attention she immediately lost it. :lol:

sad part is if Young Chris followed the blueprint or got the push he needed, we probably wouldn't be talkin about Meek Millz as much :smh:

I wish he had, cause Young Chris >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Meek Mill

Jay Elec :lol: :lol: Unless he makes his way to Duck Down or Babygrande, he's not sniffing on album release.

rip stoute? u might lighty right?

stoute is alive and well and pushing his tanning america movement in suits and nikes all over the webz.

This is very true, Jay never use to whisper in his raps until Young Chris came around. But Jay always acknowledged that he MASTERED everybody's flow so you had to expect it was only a matter of time.

where/when was this acknowledged?

vid of Bleek and the Ross discovery stuff? first time hearin that. and Ross was signed to slip n slide originally if im not mistaken

Yo dudes on NT are really oblivious to real world facts... Like dudes seriously just say something didnt happen to it feels like reality. J.Cole has been more successful on every level in the past year than the "Hottest rapper in the game" and dudes won't give him props.

I never saw that Young Chris interview. So Beans lied about what Jay was paying Young Gunz. I remember N's was hot over that too.
laugh.gif
naw, you can tell by da way he was saying it that there was ALOT of truth into what beans said...

but young chris is still company man toting that slogan....

005bfcd00ea311e2a9d522000a1cd9f8_7.jpg

nerd.gif
What more would you like to see Jay do for these artists? As if being signed to Roc Nation isn't enough or a highlight or a way to be highlighted, it's up to the artist to put in the work from that point. Sometimes the stars align together, sometimes they don't.
cam & 50 are perfect examples of how to put cats on.

how jay-z declines to get in his artist's videos when he's on da set?

.....and both those rappers are irrelevant to this very day when it comes to music champ. G-Unit is dead and Jim Jones, once the right hand man for Cam has been reduced to looking like less than a man by getting ran by his fiance on TV. Your going to have to do better than that champ.

^They were still legitimately put on though. Sure, 50 is irrelevant when it comes to music now, but he's very secure financially and has a good business sense. Can't say anything about Cam and Jim Jones though, they were basically casualties of a lot of egos.

dope thread!

great to see so much info about the roc's history.

if someone knows for sure, correct me if im wrong, but never heard bleek had anything to do with discovering ross. lol i know e class/poeboy developed him in mia and never heard bleek's name come up with anything ross wise (early on or now). it'd be interesting if true, def might go asking around about it if anyone can confirm.

i dont think theres anything wrong with jay'z approach to the artists on his label-sure he's not including em or featuring em all on his tracks or jumpin on theirs but think he personally said he sits back and watches his artists evolve n make it out on their own. with a leader like jay tho, isnt that enough motivation to succeed and get his approval? lol i remember cole didnt even get jay's verse for gold watch til the last min before the album was due.

i think its interesting that roc nation manages wale and meek mill but that theyre on a diff label and "crew" entirely.

not to derail the thread, but if bleek or e-class discovered ross where does that put erick sermon?

Last edited:

.....and both those rappers are irrelevant to this very day when it comes to music champ. G-Unit is dead and Jim Jones, once the right hand man for Cam has been reduced to looking like less than a man by getting ran by his fiance on TV. Your going to have to do better than that champ.
Stop it. You're completely ignoring the point. He's talking about one rapper putting on an up n coming rapper. Not how successful and relevant those rappers those rappers will be when they're on their own. I've noticed your go to move when valid points are made is to talk about the relevance of the rapper now instead of addressing the topic.

Jay-Z is terrible at putting rappers on. To the point it's like his co-sign means nothing cuz he just isn't able to develop or properly promote a rapper to a prominent level. He's much better at just doing music with a finished product.

nerd.gif

VS da entire roc-a-fella camp sans kanye west? LOL

let's count em down...

State+Property+Presents+the+Chain+Gang,+Vol.+2.jpg

(from left to right)

oschino - in jail

Beans - in Jail

freeway -nomad

peedi crakk- 
A3FeEJCCMAEcFer.jpg:large

says it all

neef- AWOL

young chris - chasing meek mill around

sparks -
Sparks_LEAKAGE_FINAL.jpeg
doing it BIG wit da LFA!

...everyone on CORE dipset and CORE g-unit, former and current doing ALOT better off then da old CORE roc.

Neef buck don't speak much, keep da heat tucked :pimp:
Neef is CEO of g.I.f.I records...but that don't hold weight..he still get bread tho

Chris ain't chasin meek around, he do songs w him so what..he needs dat exposure because HONESTLY he's top 3 common outta Philly and needs dat recognition. He better den meek. HONESTLY

Meek was on like
Cyssero, Joey jahad, quilly millz caliber
Wasn't even on cassidys level
So he definitely wasn't on young Chris or beans level ( my top 2 Philly rappers )

But none of that matter, cuz Chris didn't get that push meek did, he struck gold with mmg. These other rawer cats out Philly out here strugglin
It's the name of the game. Bol meek had full houses every time he played cards

Chris held neef on his back
Listen too tough luv
"now u got us looking like jaz n jay, t-mac and Carter neef, you gotta work harder neef, ish we runnin wit s . Carter neef, dame n bigs get on your game, my nig , the whole click feel the same my nig, so don't think cuz I'm ahead of you, i changed my nig"
I wonder if Chris was a solo artist from the rip, I wonder were he would be right now

Who knows, maybe I'm just a YC stan and ur right, he has "no image" I doubt it. Duke is more talented than 80% of the whole game

Back
Top Bottom