I'ma keep it real: I'd trade Jeremey Shockey

laugh.gif
at Boss havin wheels.

Anyway 2 good TEs > 1 good TE

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Whenever I think of Shockey, I think of that gif. of him gloating from the sidelines only to be shocked into disbelief.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

6cb15de96ebea9cbc3cf08e069a467bd41b5594.gif

laugh.gif

smh.gif
eyes.gif
@ the thought of trading Shockey...son was born to play in NY.Well, if you don't want him I'm sure the Pats would find a way to have him be useful.
nerd.gif

Shockey is that dude though...the way he plays the game is appreciated and he's always been my favorite player outside of anyone that plays for my fav.team...first and only NFL jersey I've ever bought was of Shockey's.

I hope they dont trade Shockey even though we do need another CB really, really bad. But da Giants dont use Shockey enough. I want them to keep him and use himright or else he's gonna want to leave when he gets da chance.

giants win the super bowl and now we don't need one of the best TE in the league? pure balderdash, great TE's are not a dime a dozen, shock is always ashort-mid range pass threat and can block anyone on the field. I would be upset and appalled if the giants trade him.

why trade shockey? hes a good proven TE with alot of heart. just because you won without a player doesnt mean that you dont need him. patriots went 6-0 first 6games with out richard seymour because he was on PUP list doesnt mean they should get rid of him because they were winning games without him. same with marvinharrison. colts looked just fine with out him for almost 3/4 of the sesaon. doesnt mean they should drop him

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Whenever I think of Shockey, I think of that gif. of him gloating from the sidelines only to be shocked into disbelief.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

6cb15de96ebea9cbc3cf08e069a467bd41b5594.gif

laugh.gif

smh.gif
eyes.gif
@ the thought of trading Shockey...son was born to play in NY. Well, if you don't want him I'm sure the Pats would find a way to have him be useful.
nerd.gif

Shockey is that dude though...the way he plays the game is appreciated and he's always been my favorite player outside of anyone that plays for my fav. team...first and only NFL jersey I've ever bought was of Shockey's.

That gif. is classic.
laugh.gif

Shockey is a great player though, and I'm sure that the Giants would be foolish to let go of this pro bowler.

He is def going to stay, but the great thing about Boss is that he'd put pressure on Shockey to do well.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

He is def going to stay, but the great thing about Boss is that he'd put pressure on Shockey to do well.

Mez....he's a trade request waiting to happen....I would almost guarantee that he won't be in a Giants uniform next season. He is a BIG part ofwhat the Giants can do on offense, but I think people are starting to see what a difference it made in Eli in not having Shockey and Barber around. As much ashe said he didn't want to be a distraction, Shockey was a big story during SB weekend....and is it true he didn't even show up for the parade as well? I think the writing is on the wall for #80 in NY...he is WAY better than Boss, but that ego took a hit...

Shockey>>>>>>>>Boss

why would you ever want to trade him? the good thing about boss producing is that you can now have some double TE sets and know boss can make some plays ifneeded. But boss cant do what Shockey can

Its not like he didn't want to go the parade, or go to any of the playoff games....dude is on crutches and can barely move, and was asked by the team tostay off his legs at home and rehab (he was not allowed on the sidelines b/c of his injury status).

He came to the Superbowl on his own will even when the team told him not to.

He's a great TE, a 4 time pro-bowler.....but these playoffs showed everyone that you don't need superstars @ every position to win. All you need is aTEAM who would do anything for one another, and believes they can beat anyone.

With that said, I would still be upset if he's traded, but he def will NOT be traded b\c it would be unfair. Itd be nice to have a platoon of Shock\Boss,word to thunder and lightning.

Giants would be some fools if they trade Shockey. He aint goin nowhere. If he played in that SB, he woulda murdered them old LBs over the middle of the field
laugh.gif
Boss is adequate.
and Shockey woulda scored on that damn long pass. Harrison woulda been divin at grass

I agree that he is a great talent...but I also agree with what DoubleJs said...that stuff about him complaining to Eli all the time about not passing to him,and Eli flourishing after he went down is something that IMO needs to at least be looked at...Not saying he NEEDS to get traded but if they managed to come upwith/receive a good offer I believe they should think about it

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

dreClark wrote:
Boss got HAWKED DOWN in the Super Bowl...

Wheels my #+%....

Let's be fair. He was caught by a safety, a guy who should be able to catch a TE.

NO he WASNT.

ADALIUS THOMAS caught him when he ran past Rodney Harrison who is one of the slowest safties in the NFL.

Boss has 0 Wheels.

Not to mention good TE's ARE a dime a dozen these days. Shockey has very very little trade value unless you find someone who is desperate for him. Whichisnt many teams. Alot of teams have two servicable TE's +$# they want Shockey for?
The Giants need to keep him just based on the fact that probablywouldnt get fair value for him.

Originally Posted by MART1N PAYNE

They can win without him, Boss got wheels too
eek.gif
, Shockey got his ring, this is the best time to part ways. Get some help on the defensive side of the ball as a reward for Steve and his new 3 mill. contract. BAM. Instant super bowl faves going into next season

discuss

What? No.
If Shockey was catching that deep pass in the 4th quarter he would've been gone.

Trading Shockey would be an awful move. There's a reason he's made four Pro Bowls.

If the Giants platoon those two, or ran two tight end sets and Boss improved upon his blocking
eek.gif

Heres what I think. Kevin Boss is going to turn out to be one of the best tight ends in the NFL. Was this not just his rookie year? When he actually gotplaytime, he made the best of it.
Now, its going to take a while for Boss to get up there with the best of them in the league, but he has the potential to do it.

If Shockey doesn't demand a trade (which a few people are expecting), then the Giants should go into a two tight end formation. Shockey + Boss would makethem more of a threat in nearly every facet on offense.

Originally Posted by fingerollin

giants win the super bowl and now we don't need one of the best TE in the league? pure balderdash, great TE's are not a dime a dozen, shock is always a short-mid range pass threat and can block anyone on the field. I would be upset and appalled if the giants trade him.

And we should definitely look at some two tight end formations. I know we won the Superbowl and all but dudes are definitely speeding right now. How yougonna give up a pro bowl tight end for a rookie who has only proven to be serviceable!?

Why trade him right now? At this point, the dude's attitude is a moot point. If he starts complaining next year about needing the football and wanting tomake an impact, all Eli gotta do is grab him by his face mask and tell him to shut the hell up, we did it last year without you. If it becomes a problem, thentrade him. Like theone said, you aren't getting value for an top-flight TE these days anyways, so what's the point? Ride it out and see if this yearserved as a reality check to him.

laugh.gif
This is still amusing to me....

Fact of the matter is.....Aint to many better than Shock.....

And you need a player like him on the field....He's ++!+%@% NUTSO......
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom