I'ma keep it real: I'd trade Jeremey Shockey

nah, you should not trade jeremy shockey....yes we had a good run without him, and kevin boss is good, but shockey is still better, that 45 yd catch by boss inthe super bowl would have been a td by shockey if they were in the same position. and kevin boss is a great compliment to shockey off the bench, keep both andwere good at TE and we can concentrate on other areas via draft or free agency

Originally Posted by acidicality

He could go to the Raiders?
roll.gif
He's not washed up yet, nor does he have a criminal recordor a drug problem. Don't ruin Shockeys career like that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

NFL coaches will get a book on Boss, and he can very well be exposed quick.

Shockey = A legitimate NFL talent, and premiere Tight end. 4 Time Pro Bowler.

very very true!!

Originally Posted by theone2401

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

dreClark wrote:
Boss got HAWKED DOWN in the Super Bowl...

Wheels my #+%....

Let's be fair. He was caught by a safety, a guy who should be able to catch a TE.

NO he WASNT.

ADALIUS THOMAS caught him when he ran past Rodney Harrison who is one of the slowest safties in the NFL.

Boss has 0 Wheels.

Not to mention good TE's ARE a dime a dozen these days. Shockey has very very little trade value unless you find someone who is desperate for him. Which isnt many teams. Alot of teams have two servicable TE's +$# they want Shockey for?
The Giants need to keep him just based on the fact that probably wouldnt get fair value for him.

Try again, buddy. Thomas is there after Harrison trips him.

laugh.gif
@ these giant fans acting like all of a sudden you can trade a pro bowl tight end.....the lil run is getting to your heads.....you will be lucky to be inthe top 2 of your division next year

Originally Posted by FlyDaily

laugh.gif
@ these giant fans acting like all of a sudden you can trade a pro bowl tight end.....the lil run is getting to your heads.....you will be lucky to be in the top 2 of your division next year
Last time I checked they won the Super Bowl. I dont care what team your a fan of, but winning the Super Bowl, against a team that was dubbed the bestin NFL history is kind of a big deal. And, they did it without Shockey too.

Right now, regardless of opinion, Giants > any other NFL team. I know some teams have better talent, better coaching, but when its all said and done, theGiants are the Super Bowl Champs.

And this is coming from a Cowboys fan to boot.

there's no denying that the on field dynamic of the team was sooo much better without Shockey. Sure the guys got loads of talent, but if he isn't doinganything for your team...

Shockey =
pimp.gif

Maybe i dont really know the guy but from what ive seen, shockey plays with a lot of emotion and you cant really replace that. The man has heart. His attitudesucks, sure, but we all have our vices.

Originally Posted by FlyDaily

laugh.gif
@ these giant fans acting like all of a sudden you can trade a pro bowl tight end.....the lil run is getting to your heads.....you will be lucky to be in the top 2 of your division next year
The Giants will EASILY finish ahead of the Skins and Eagles....The Giants won't initially shop Shockey, but I have a feeling that he will make atrade request....

*for what it's worth, Shockey is the 3rd best TE................

in his division
tongue.gif

If he is the cancer he seems to be, it would be wise to part ways with him. He is not the best TE in football and the Giants won the Super Bowl without him.

Originally Posted by theone2401

dreClark wrote:

Wheels my #+%....

Let's be fair. He was caught by a safety, a guy who should be able to catch a TE.

NO he WASNT.

ADALIUS THOMAS caught him when he ran past Rodney Harrison who is one of the slowest safties in the NFL.

Boss has 0 Wheels.

Not to mention good TE's ARE a dime a dozen these days. Shockey has very very little trade value unless you find someone who is desperate for him. Which isnt many teams. Alot of teams have two servicable TE's +$# they want Shockey for?
The Giants need to keep him just based on the fact that probably wouldnt get fair value for him.

Try again, buddy. Thomas is there after Harrison trips him.

Good catch. But it also shows that Adalius Thomas is faster then Rodney Harrison. So the fact that Boss got caught by a "safety" who isreally slower then a linebacker means nothing. He has NO WHEELS
laugh.gif

Everyone knows Rodney Harrison is one of the slowest safeties in a league. I would love to see him and Sammy Knight in a footrace.

Please Please, My boy Adrian Peterson could use his help and skills...
nerd.gif

Edit: Considering NY doesn't even know how to use my guy
smh.gif

wowwwwwwww look at all the giants "fans"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fingerollin

giants win the super bowl and now we don't need one of the best TE in the league? pure balderdash, great TE's are not a dime a dozen, shock is always a short-mid range pass threat and can block anyone on the field. I would be upset and appalled if the giants trade him.
correction, ATHLETIC/SPEEDY TE's that can be lined up on the outside in certain formations (ala Shockey, K2, etc.) are not a dime a dozen.Just because you can catch short-mid range passes (that's not considered a threat) and block (something shockey got criticized for not doing much of)doesn't make somebody a "great" TE
laugh.gif
Mike Vrabel can doall that when he's in. Teams put O-tackles at Tight End, c'mon now
laugh.gif

dreClark wrote:

Wheels my #+%....

thank you
laugh.gif
dude got hawked down by two defenders, adalius thomastook away the outside which made it easier for him and rod to make the play. I don't care what yall say, I say dude is fast
mad.gif
laugh.gif

As a GM, with a potential TE controversy, i'm pulling the trigger on the best trade offer I get for Shockey and that's what it is.

i don't think anyone is arguing that Boss is better. Shockey is obviously the superior talent, but they've proven they can win without him and i'mwilling to bet there are A LOT of teams who would love to have a player like him and would be willing to throw up some pretty nice offers.

situations like this happen all the time, where the veteran all-star gets hurt and the younger guy steps up and does a great job replacing him. (Brady/Bledsoefor example) one of them most likely is gonna have to go eventually, so why not get rid of the guy who has a better trade value?

thank you
laugh.gif
dude got hawked down by two defenders, adalius thomas took away the outside which made it easier for him and rod to make the play. I don't care what yall say, I say dude is fast
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Do people really think out running Rodney Harrison is an accomplishment? He has NEVER been fast even when he was with San Diego and was under30. That clip clearly shows Adalius is faster than Rodney so what does that tell you about Boss's speed?

Stop sippin the Boss koolaid. He is an AVERAGE player.

I dunno what is worse people thinking Boss is fast or the people who thought Wes Welker could run a 4.3
roll.gif

rif.jpg

i never said rod had wheels, nor did i say it was an accomplishment. i said AT made it easier for BOss to be hawked
ohwell.gif
Who got Madden 08, what's Boss' speed in that game? if it's in the70s or higher, that's damn fast for a tightend, is it not?
tongue.gif

^^ i am just busting your balls man I am bored.

You made a post about trading Jeremy Shockey because of Kevin Boss your getting what you deserve
laugh.gif

Who got Madden 08, what's Boss' speed in that game? if it's in the 70s or higher, that's damn fast for a tight end, is it not?

Madden has Devin Hester's speed as 100. Madden has no credibilty. PERIOD

Let's keep it real: When healthy, Shockey is one of the best TEs in the league. Boss is not. I think Boss could be very good down the road, but Shockey heis not and probably won't be. And I'm not even a Shockey fan, but dude is nice. But now they know that when Shockey is out of the game, they aren'tfalling that far off with his backup.

All that said, crazier things have happened, so...

Back
Top Bottom