Importing japanese cars

Originally Posted by Al Audi

5392948779_3e0d682b16_b.jpg
I hate when people put european plates on the front in the US
sick.gif

Kei car huh? I like them, they have a quirky personality to me. I'm not sure on the details, there was a guy on here not too long ago that knew a lot about importing JDM cars here. I will try to find his SN. And the CR-Z is getting big in Japan, especially tuning wise.

Kei car huh? I like them, they have a quirky personality to me. I'm not sure on the details, there was a guy on here not too long ago that knew a lot about importing JDM cars here. I will try to find his SN. And the CR-Z is getting big in Japan, especially tuning wise.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Word, Only thing I dont like about it is that it's Hybrid. Apparently there's a 1.8L Turbo version in the works. 

Word, Only thing I dont like about it is that it's Hybrid. Apparently there's a 1.8L Turbo version in the works. 

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

funk doctor

funk doctor

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

funk doctor
No his sn was jada2001retro

Santi, Top Secret has already made 300+ hp with a turbo kit for the CR-Z, HKS built a supercharger with similar numbers. We don't need a factory turbo option.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

funk doctor
No his sn was jada2001retro

Santi, Top Secret has already made 300+ hp with a turbo kit for the CR-Z, HKS built a supercharger with similar numbers. We don't need a factory turbo option.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that unless you live in Florida, there is a 25 year rule on importing cars.

One of the reason why I like FL, I just saw an R33 and a R34 on i95 with FL plates last week. I bought my oem aero bumper of a guy with a real silvia.
The DOT have restriction on most vehicles so try to research to see if your car is allowed in your state but I really doubt it since it was never sold in the US. I know that people serving the armed forces can bring one in as a "personal item" but other than that you will have to wait 25 years.

Only 4 more years for a R32 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that unless you live in Florida, there is a 25 year rule on importing cars.

One of the reason why I like FL, I just saw an R33 and a R34 on i95 with FL plates last week. I bought my oem aero bumper of a guy with a real silvia.
The DOT have restriction on most vehicles so try to research to see if your car is allowed in your state but I really doubt it since it was never sold in the US. I know that people serving the armed forces can bring one in as a "personal item" but other than that you will have to wait 25 years.

Only 4 more years for a R32 
tired.gif

Someone expound on waiting 25 yrs to import a car. Meaning you have to say, I'd like a 2005 bmw 335i euro version, and you can import that actual car in 2030? Or you have to be 25 yrs old, or what, I'm confused. Or since it's 2011 you can import any car 25+ yrs older....

Someone expound on waiting 25 yrs to import a car. Meaning you have to say, I'd like a 2005 bmw 335i euro version, and you can import that actual car in 2030? Or you have to be 25 yrs old, or what, I'm confused. Or since it's 2011 you can import any car 25+ yrs older....

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

i dont udnerstand either.....

btw didnt motorex scam a lot of ppl?

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

i dont udnerstand either.....

btw didnt motorex scam a lot of ppl?

Back
Top Bottom