In Kanye News....

Aye, he's losing his mind. Homie needs help. Nobody close gonna tell him that he looks like a wild wackjob?

This mental illness **** isn't a joke.

Maybe im missing something but i dont see what the big deal is here.

He talking about being almost being aborted. I can see how one can get emotional. I mean id want to keep **** together, but if some one cant, i completely get it.

And almost killing his daughter? Im assuming its within the same context of abortion, so i understand that too. He realizing thats his value system changing literally changed his life, by having a kid that he loves now.

He dont seem crazy (here ) to me. Just emotional af. I dont get down like that but i understand.

Is he??
My post was more of a like where is Rob now?

Dude just *POOFED*

Yeah I wasn't sure what the context was hahaha. If you knew somethin' or if you were wondering.

Yeah, he just talked about it a couple days ago I guess?? But he seemed to have disappeared once the Blac Chyna **** hit the fan.

We need Cam, Jay, and The Writer of Writers to collab on a track to diss Ye to smithereens. Never to be heard from again.

Kim must got the wackest..........just never mind.

This was a wild & wrong hyperbole to use, but I get it if means what I think he meant:

Harriet Tubman definitely freed those slaves from constitutional slavery.

I'm guessing he's referring to the obstacles black ppl went through post-slavery (runaway, brought freedom, 1965, etc); which is true. Black ppl are systemically oppressed in this country, even throughout the world, and have remained in invisible shackles that many can see, yet ignore.

However, for Kanye to make and bold clam such as the one he did, he best be able to explain why he said that crystal clear. And he didn't & now he looks like a jackass. Dude needs to read books & practice his speeches b/c they suck.

Yeezus a phenomenal album, & the guy tweeted this disgustingly pretentious w/ subpar music. Oozes fake deepness.

This was a wild & wrong hyperbole to use, but I get it if means what I think he meant:

I'm guessing he's referring to the obstacles black ppl went through post-slavery (runaway, brought freedom, 1965, etc); which is true. Black ppl are systemically oppressed in this country, even throughout the world, and have remained in invisible shackles that many can see, yet ignore.

However, for Kanye to make and bold clam such as the one he did, he best be able to explain why he said that crystal clear. And he didn't & now he looks like a jackass. Dude needs to read books & practice his speeches b/c they suck.

Yeezus a phenomenal album, & the guy tweeted this disgustingly pretentious w/ subpar music. Oozes fake deepness.

....he most definitely WAS NOT thinking that deeep bro.

this was along the same lines of 'black people chose slavery'

While I don’t agree with wavycrocket wavycrocket ‘s ultimate conclusion, he was right on some of the rhetoric used by Kanye.

Kanye has been saying things like this his entire career that he knows will get a reaction. Obviously he knew that line would get buzz. And like you said, the added context helps to better understand his perspective.

Same with the slavery was a choice line.

Never been a huge fan of his music and he generally seems like an egomaniacal person. But I do think that he says things in the big picture that he can’t explain in detail because he just doesn’t spend the time digging in the weeds. Basically he’s an anti-intellectual (and god I hate that term and movement) attempting to be intellectual. When he opens his mouth, whatever comes out is failed from the beginning. I give him the benefit of the doubt with these Tubman and mental slavery type philosophical ideas, because I think the intent is good—not to discredit Tubman, who was a hero—but to make the point that while there was progress those freed people were still subject to an oppressive system. Yet he’s too lazy to put in the work to explain it in even those simple terms. Also, he’s bi-polar, so there’s that standing in the way of lucidity.

I give him the benefit of the doubt with these Tubman and mental slavery type philosophical ideas, because I think the intent is good—not to discredit Tubman, who was a hero—but to make the point that while there was progress those freed people were still subject to an oppressive system.

But if you know who Harriet Tubman was then you most likely also know that Black people still dealt with oppression once escaping to the north.

The way he said it diminishes Tubman's efforts and lowkey blames her for what happened to the now free Black people.

I agree with that. The way he said it could even make it seem like what she did was net neutral. His tendency to denigrate the accomplishments of black heroes and civil rights leaders while in the same breath putting business accomplishments--often those who are white--on a pedestal, is disgusting. I just think it's borne from frustration. And he's bad at internalizing that frustration and then expressing that in a way that makes any sense to anyone who is not him.

While I don’t agree with wavycrocket wavycrocket ‘s ultimate conclusion, he was right on some of the rhetoric used by Kanye.

Kanye has been saying things like this his entire career that he knows will get a reaction. Obviously he knew that line would get buzz. And like you said, the added context helps to better understand his perspective.

Same with the slavery was a choice line.
Oh really? I know someone else who is much worse, the current potus. Unfortunately Trump's type of ignorant rhetoric and uninformed commenting incites unnecessary discrimination, prejudice and violence, with as much progress that was being made before him. It's a damn shame to the United States that Trump was elected.

Maybe im missing something but i dont see what the big deal is here.

He talking about being almost being aborted. I can see how one can get emotional. I mean id want to keep **** together, but if some one cant, i completely get it.

And almost killing his daughter? Im assuming its within the same context of abortion, so i understand that too. He realizing thats his value system changing literally changed his life, by having a kid that he loves now.

He dont seem crazy (here ) to me. Just emotional af. I dont get down like that but i understand.

We don't need a president who can't control his emotions... at the very least in public.

Oh really? I know someone else who is much worse, the current potus. Unfortunately Trump's type of ignorant rhetoric and uninformed commenting incites unnecessary discrimination, prejudice and violence, with as much progress that was being made before him. It's a damn shame to the United States that Trump was elected.

I think you misunderstood my post.

I disagreed with wavycrocket wavycrocket because I like Kanye.

Back
Top Bottom